Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Anyone see an R/C older than this one? late 60's early 70's Dynamic Models

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Anyone see an R/C older than this one? late 60's early 70's Dynamic Models

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 06:38 PM
spokanevr4guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone see an R/C older than this one? late 60's early 70's Dynamic Models

Thanks again for all the great advice. I had never thought about tying the model body in with the pedigree of the car! Excellent detective work! (Probably helps that you're a Porsche nut, right?) So really, thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it!

Jeff
Old 06-11-2010, 07:43 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Anyone see an R/C older than this one? late 60's early 70's Dynamic Models

how much do you plan on letting this go for? it really is an awsome peice of rc history. ive also got to hand it to you for doing such a thorough job of documenting everything its worth doing so the rc communty as a whole can benifit.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:08 PM
spokanevr4guy

ORIGINAL: FieroMan121

how much do you plan on letting this go for? it really is an awsome peice of rc history. ive also got to hand it to you for doing such a thorough job of documenting everything its worth doing so the rc communty as a whole can benifit.

Thank you! It's really taken quite a bit of effort for figure this thing out. As far as how much I'm going to be letting it go for, I can tell you it won't be cheap. :-) I really want this to go to a collector that will appreciate it, but at the same time I know this is only going to get more valuable as time goes on. In other words, I'm in no rush to sell it, but will let it go for the right price. :-) I've had more than three people pretty knowledgeable in old R/C's tell me to sell it for no less than $2000. That seems like a lot to me, but then again, how many of these things exist anymore? Let alone in a box with instructions!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:37 PM
spokanevr4guy

SOLD!!! I just sold this on ebay for $3500!! It's going to an avid collector in Germany. I hope it serves him well. Thanks again for all the help guys!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MESOX:IT
Old 06-23-2010, 09:19 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Nice, what kind of RC stuff do you plan on getting now?
Old 06-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Candre23
My Feedback: (8)

Congratulations! Looks like all the detective work paid off. It's a great find, and I'm glad it's going to an avid collector who will appreciate it.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:41 PM
spokanevr4guy

ORIGINAL: mazdaprotege4

Paid off a credit card.
Bought a new bulk head and a few other parts for the Flux.
2 new batteries for my P51 Mustang Micro
An AC adapter for my battery charger.

I had a friend that's been dealing with some really tough times and medical bills, ect, so I gave him a good chunk of cash and told him it was a gift, no need to pay me back. You can't imagine how good it feels to see a big, scary, tattooed guy tear up and tell you how much it means to him. It was an amazing feeling and worth way more to me in karma that it did in dollars.

I also bought an Optoma 1080p 3D Projector, Nvidia 3D vision setup with dual video cards, an amazing sushi dinner for my family...

Oh yeah, and a Brushless Revo with a set of 3S batts.

And I've still got a nice chunk of change left over.

You know what they say: easy come, easy go. To me, this was sort of like winning the lottery so right off the bat I knew this was going to be 100% "fun money".

The best kind of money.

:-)
Old 06-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Slo-V Flyer

ORIGINAL: spokanevr4guy

ORIGINAL: mazdaprotege4

Paid off a credit card.
Bought a new bulk head and a few other parts for the Flux.
2 new batteries for my P51 Mustang Micro
An AC adapter for my battery charger.

I had a friend that's been dealing with some really tough times and medical bills, ect, so I gave him a good chunk of cash and told him it was a gift, no need to pay me back. You can't imagine how good it feels to see a big, scary, tattooed guy tear up and tell you how much it means to him. It was an amazing feeling and worth way more to me in karma that it did in dollars.

I also bought an Optoma 1080p 3D Projector, Nvidia 3D vision setup with dual video cards, an amazing sushi dinner for my family...

Oh yeah, and a Brushless Revo with a set of 3S batts.

And I've still got a nice chunk of change left over.

You know what they say: easy come, easy go. To me, this was sort of like winning the lottery so right off the bat I knew this was going to be 100% ''fun money''.

The best kind of money.

:-)

Holy crap I didn't know how far $3500 could go...Congrats and good job.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:12 PM
mrbonez

wow this thread was better then any tv show i have seen!!!!! i was on the edge of my seat for real thanks for posting all the details even the sale that is wild )
Old 06-23-2010, 06:49 PM
spokanevr4guy

ORIGINAL: mrbonez

wow this thread was better then any tv show i have seen!!!!! i was on the edge of my seat for real thanks for posting all the details even the sale that is wild )

Glad you liked it! I know, it's quite a story! I'm still a bit in shock!
Old 06-24-2010, 02:57 AM
ScottKelly911

Great ending to this. That was really nice what you did for your friend. I'm really glad that the car's going to a collector who will really appreciate it. Sounds like you also really made great use of the Fun Money too!  Congratulations and thanks for taking us on this short journey.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:29 AM
fyr1075k

SO . . . .

I am new here however not new to RC. I have a complete (without a body) Dynamic Models 1/8 scale (1970's) full suspension car with an Enya Engine and it even has a complete MRC radio installed (3 channel). The only thing I can say is Holy Crap ! ! The tires are great and the car just needs a little cleaning. I cannot a believe a car that is this old could be in such decent shape. Honestly I am still shocked. I plan on cleaning it up and selling it as I am sure there are people who would want this more than I would, but I know enough to appreciate it. I came into the RC scene with the associated rc200 and 300's. But remember seeing these cars in old books and magazines. Anyone have any idea what I should sell this for? I will get some pictures up once it is cleaned up, but its all there, even the servos and linkages are connected. Its like it was ran and stored away for all these years.

Thanks for any assistance.

[email protected]