Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

looking for on-road carpet racing in San Antonio, TX

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

looking for on-road carpet racing in San Antonio, TX

Old 06-03-2010, 08:29 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default looking for on-road carpet racing in San Antonio, TX

I'm down in San Antonio Texas (1500 miles south of home) on business and will be down here for a considerable amount of time.

That being said, when things slow up a bit (working 14+ hours a day, 7 days a week), I need to go racing.

What racing is there in the Austin / San Antonio area? Since I am renting an appartment and don't have my garage for cleaning mud and grime, I want to go on-road (indoor carpet preferable).

I don't care what class. I need my fix!
Old 06-03-2010, 09:08 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: looking for on-road carpet racing in San Antonio, TX

No indoor in SA, the only track is an outdoor on road track at the old hobbytown usa location. I live here, it sucks. My friend has a carpet track in his basement, if it wasn't for that I would have no use for my pan cars. Dunno about Austin, there used to be an indoor track up there but I think it shut down.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:13 PM
FieroMan121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah please anyone post up, i plan on re-uping and when i graduate i want to do some rc'ing, visired the hobbytown (new location) last time when i got town pass and it was sweet but they didnt have anything i could run except a indoor micro plane
Old 06-03-2010, 11:39 PM
proanti1

There is a dirt track in Boerne TX though... its kinda rough.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:27 AM
FieroMan121

well we couldnt leave the "outer ring" meaning we were not allowed to go outside the outer highway ring, idk where the hobbytown was but it was way out there i think lol. that hobby town was cool though, great guys, no attitude like some of the shops in south florida.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:21 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My appt is in Selma, TX (just outside San Antonio). Anything within an hour and a half would be great.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:58 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: FieroMan121

well we couldnt leave the ''outer ring'' meaning we were not allowed to go outside the outer highway ring, idk where the hobbytown was but it was way out there i think lol. that hobby town was cool though, great guys, no attitude like some of the shops in south florida.
You mean the 410 loop? I hate that damn thing... The first hobbytown was off Austin hwy, now its right off the 40-410 interchange. It was a good shop, but had really poor business... The new one has great business but the employees are all jerks for the most part, and they have an extremely limited RC section.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:03 PM
FieroMan121

the guy i met behind the airplane counter was just the oposite, really cool guy but i did notice the lack of car stuff in its realative section. the guys had a big azz book of traxxas parts that they refered to when ppl came in, had to bite my tongue a few times when i knew the part #'s and answers and they didnt.