Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Ofna

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 03:06 PM
dave300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna

The Ofna ravager is an good 1/8 to have i don't hear to much about it ?

Old 06-04-2010, 04:30 PM
skrilla

Default RE: Ofna

I think it's a solid buggy. I've had one for about 3 years, bought it used on ebay, holds up to some serious abuse. I jump it about 15 feet in the air regularly. I put a sheet of plywood (4x8 feet) up against a workmate (about 3 feet tall) to make a ramp at the end of a parking lot. I'll hit it at full speed, lands on hard dirt, and it doesn't break. Ofcourse you have to learn how to control them in the air so they land on the wheels. If you cartwheel one, I'm sure you'll eventually break something like a control arm. I lose it every now and then and it crashes and cartwheels, but the most I have ever done was a cracked control arm, and the exhaust pipe pops off every now and then on a landing, but what can you expect when it's going nearly 40mph and falling from a good 10-15 feet up.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:45 AM
lez1troubles

I was in Calais(France) a couple of weeks ago and my buggy went off of a cliff about 40meters high, thought it would be smashed to pieces on the rocks at the bottom. I climbed down just to find that it was still ticking over(engine still running), nothing bent or broken so I climbed back up(with a bit of help from a friend with a rope) and just carried on driving. These buggies are tough as nails and REALLY can and do take a hammering. This is the 2nd time it's happened to me. Last time full speed and no fail safe[:@] Ever see a buggy fly.
I've also jumped it over 2 caravans over a SK8 ramp, no problemo. All in the name of good fun.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:13 PM
dug44
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

I was in Calais(France) a couple of weeks ago and my buggy went off of a cliff about 40meters high, thought it would be smashed to pieces on the rocks at the bottom. I climbed down just to find that it was still ticking over(engine still running), nothing bent or broken so I climbed back up(with a bit of help from a friend with a rope) and just carried on driving. These buggies are tough as nails and REALLY can and do take a hammering. This is the 2nd time it's happened to me. Last time full speed and no fail safe[:@] Ever see a buggy fly.
I've also jumped it over 2 caravans over a SK8 ramp, no problemo. All in the name of good fun.
pics of the buggy??

Old 06-06-2010, 05:40 AM
lez1troubles

If you want to see my buggy then go to the forum"buggy pics". Also on "Inferno US Sport".