Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Remember Little Ezra?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 08:48 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Remember Little Ezra?????

Maybe he was not his nephew, could have been a setup from the start. Just hire a kid and a old lady on the phone etc.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:27 PM
rcslsafut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man are you kiddin me ?
that is a blow RIGHT BELOW THE BELT !!!!!!!!
WOW , just goes to show how poeple pray on the goodness of others
it's a crying shame!!!
i really hope that this does not kill your goodness and maybe you should stick a little
more personable (no internet) acts of kindness.
there are so many scamers ,it's a joke.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:50 PM
plasma 327

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Chip, I am so sorry that Justin has done this to your kind and charitable heart. I do hope the good in you is not snuffed out from this experience.
But of course, do just like you said you were going to do: become selective of who you give your charity and good will to.

Justin did not just betray you, he actually betrayed us all, we the entire RC community. We as RC fans are known to be a helpful lot; I see it all the time at the track and talking to people in the hobby shops and local RC places.
What he did to you has given the RC community a black mark and I find it terrible that there are RC guys who would do such a thing rather than help further and promote the hobby.

Worst of all: he has betrayed Ezra, his own nephew, a little boy who really was very happy to receive the RCs. I saw it in his face in the pictures you posted. I too am very upset that Justin literally ripped the new E-Max away form Ezra's arms just to try to sell it. I am sorry, but there is no way such a young boy who was so happy to get the RC can outgrow it in just a matter of months. I have been into RCs for years, and I have yet to outgrow or get tired of mine.

To anyone who happens on this thread and/or any possible new RC fans, please do not think we RC fans are like this guy. We are a helpful lot, though opinionated, we are happy to have you become a fellow RC fan and will try to help as best we can.
Again, please do not think that we RC fans are like this guy. More of us are actually like Chip, good willed and helpful.
Thanks for the Good Words SAVAGEJIM.. Very well spoken and right on key.. We all are great people.. Just at times, this type of incident knock the wind out of your sail..
Stand back up, brush off the knees, continue down the path..

God Speed

Chip
Old 06-05-2010, 10:02 PM
skrilla

ORIGINAL: cumquat

im not trying to defend him or anything but something that has occurred to me is that maybe Ezra's guardians (as i recall it was his dad and grandmother) didnt want him to have them or he didnt want them after all. kids change their minds quick.
If that's true, they should have returned the damn things
Old 06-05-2010, 10:28 PM
ScottKelly911

This is sadly disheartening. Terrible. Chip, you have the benefit of knowing where he/they live. Maybe you should go over there and pay a visit and ask for it back so you can give it to a child who truly is in need and appreciation. My guess is he let Ezra keep the Mini T which is probably what Ezra really wanted in the first place and Justin decided to trade the Tmaxx so he could get what he really wanted for himself. I wonder if the kid and the G'ma were all in on it together. A family that steals together stays together? I'm sorry Chip, I know it must really hurt to feel like you were doing such a noble thing (you were, infact you carried the candle of good fortune and karma) and then have it turn out this way. Chip, I really hope good things for you and this is just a bump in the road, luckily it's nothing that takes food from the mouths of your family or anything like that. Good Luck, you're a true gentleman.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:23 AM
willig10

I have watched this thread from the beginning and did not respond because I was sceptical. I was very glad to see that "Ezra" got an RC. I see this posted and it makes me upset, I just dont understand how this "Cyka" dude can sleep at night. How did he get the E-maxx away from Ezra is the question. Itis like the old saying taking candy away from a baby.

That said, Chip, I know your upset but you can look on it in a positive light. Ezra did receive it from you and even though the Jerk manipulated a little kid Ezra will always remember your kindness. So good on you.

Karma has a way of biting people and the James Cyka or whatever his name is, will get what's coming to him some way somehow.

Chip dont give up on people, you did a good thing and it will be remembered by all of us and little Ezra.

Glenn
Old 06-06-2010, 03:10 AM
cumquat

well put glenn.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:51 AM
TIGER76

Sad to here this plazma dont let this put you off helping others as i can only guess how you feel about it now[]

those people who do things like this get what they deserve it the end trust

Stand back up, brush off the knees, continue down the path..
[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 06-06-2010, 06:57 AM
plasmaedge

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This sucks, that e-maxx was SWEETT!!

One day he will scam the wrong person and get what he deserves!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 07:14 AM
plasma 327

Thanks to Everbody for all the support and kind words.. I am angry and frustrated now but it will pass.. Really, I have meet so many great pepole through RC and on RCU.. I have went and meet and bashed ,raced and just made friends
and all of you are kind, careing, and all stand up gentlemen.. Their is so many of us willing and eager to give, and help out.. I just pains me unfortunately to know that their will always be one dishonest person among us.. Fortunately we now know this bad apple has been removed... I really try to never wish ill will towards a person but in this case i feel it is warranted.. I know I shouldn't but I just can't help myself right now.. I think mostly i am upset not about being scammed, but he used a child to do it, and that is why i am angry...

Thanks,

God Speed

Chip
Old 06-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Cika000
Banned

Hi everone. Look, this is all BS! Ezra lives across the street. He lives with his/my grandmother. I do not see me walking into my grandmothers house and just taking one of the nicest thing the boy owns! That is not the case! Jeezz!!!! Are you people hell bent! When Ezra got it he constantly had trouble with servos stripping. After the two chip gave him stripped I gave him one and it stripped. Then I bought a metal geared servo for it. Then the servo arm broke. He got disuraged with the problems. For some reason, maybe the weight, he was getting like 5-8 mins of run time. Then after all the servo/servo arm stuff got takin care of the wire on the shifting servo got severed. He knows that things are traded on here, so he asked to trade it. "I want something different" he said. I explained that no matter what hes going to have problems with them breaking, but he said trade it. So I traded it for a Rustler VXL thats almost all alum. I figured he would get better run times as he could use my lipos and get the speed he was used to for running my trucks. This whole thing from the start is crazy!  Like I said, this kid sits on his porch waiting for me to get home from work. He lives with my/his Grandama. I dont just take his things from him. Come on.. His dads a bumb, but he wouldnt let that happin either. My whole family knew about Chips kindness and all came up and checked out this great gift that he recieced. My mother as well came to see. They were all so happy for Ezra. There not just gonna chill and watch me take his stuff. Me and Ezra are gettin his Rusty together right now. I own like 6 rc's at this point. I had an E maxx from Truckin DAD on here that I got for my mini Revo. Then we traded back. It wasnt Ezra truck! I traded Ezras for a Rusty. But I know that no matter what I say, Im the crook and bad guy. I I traded it for crack! lol... I dont know why all this is happing
Old 06-06-2010, 08:18 AM
Cika000
Banned

I have to post again. I keep reading and its driving me crazy. I didnt hire some lady and Kid! lol... Are you for real! Ezra is not Hired Help, nor is my grandmother. I didnt hustle anyone. I traded my Revo for an Emaxx. Thats the one that was posted for sale. Not Ezras. Ezra is my little cousin and lives right across the street. Half my family live in one block. We dont steel things from each other. Ezra has very little big things like the Maxx. He has a PS2 and the RC. I wouldnt take it from him!  He knows that I trade trucks all the time and wanted me to find him something faster and with a better runtime than 10mins. He used to BL trucks with lipos from playing with mine. So, I got him a rustly VXL. That way he'll have a durable faster RC that he can run for longer than10 mins. You people are very negative. The world and everyone in it arent crooked. I have more than enough RC's to be taking them from children.  I sold a Slash VXL for $100 to buy parts for his rusty. I wanna replace any plastic left with RPM. It already has alot of alum. so I figured between the alum and RPM it shouldnt have to many problems and wont get discuraged with it breaking. Im really just in shock over this. You people are all making asumptions on something you know nothing about. Your guessing on the situation and putting it all together to be something shady. Its not! But I already know, no matter what I say. I'll be the scammer and bad guy. But Im not!    
Old 06-06-2010, 09:29 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Justin, you have a lot of nerve coming on here.

I rest my case, You have SIX (6) RCs, and you KNEW how badly Ezra wanted one, yet you refuse to sacrifice one of your MANY RCs to make him happy.

What you did is not right; you preyed on Chip's kindness when it would have been very little inconvenience on your RC collection if you would have given Ezra one of yours.

You claimed you were needy, but you were not. You should have followed Chip's example and given Ezra one of your own. That is the bottom line.

Another thing, it is strictly against RCU rules to make multiple accounts. Justin, your primary account which is suspended is the only account you are allowed to have, this second one is therefore an illegal account, and I have just reported it.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:32 AM
redfisher1974

Should have just given the kid one of your Six!! Rc's and shut the hell up. Done with this thread have a good day.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Gex_61

It seems to me like this "gift" had quite a few strings attached. Shouldn't you expect less, and be happy with what you did, no matter how little?

Didn't Chip know that Cika had his own cars? I don't see how this fact even matters.

Is Cika a scammer or isn't he?
Old 06-06-2010, 10:26 AM
quietnas1

Hey ah Justin scammer? Why didnt you just call Chip when you had issues with the E-Maxx he gave Ezra. Im sure he would have helped. Your making it sound like Chip gave Ezra a lemmon. Cmon man. Man up! You hwve 6 RC's and your greedy, selfish .... could not part with one? Palease man.

True story here. I have 4 RC's. Soon to be 2, and here is why. My HPI RS4-2 is going to my nephew. He also has had it a bit rough. I fully rebuilt it and all it needs is an engine. Only on road car I have and I love it, but its going to my nephew cuz he deserves it. Gee that is so not selfish.

My rebuilt RC10GT that I have a huge emouional attachment to is going to a co-worker/friend of mines. All that is left to get for it is an engine, servos, TX, and RX. All of which I am paying for. Sometimes I bring my hobby into my cubicle at work to work on them. One day I brought in the GT and he was asking a bunch of questions about it. I told him if he wanted one he could use lay away at the lhs. He never said anythpng but I do know his financial and personal situation quite well. I knew he could not afford it. A week later I told him I was giving him my GT when I was done building it. To see happy he got and almost cry was a good feeling. That Justin is not being selfish. You should try it sometime.

Of course you will miss the whole point of this post. Im sorry but you are pathetic. You owe Chip an appology.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:52 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Gex_61

It seems to me like this ''gift'' had quite a few strings attached. Shouldn't you expect less, and be happy with what you did, no matter how little?

Didn't Chip know that Cika had his own cars? I don't see how this fact even matters.

Is Cika a scammer or isn't he?
I do not disagree with you here. The point is not the strings involved, it is the matter of respect to Chip who made no small sacrifice.
Justin played up just how bad off he was, and both of those threads wound up being locked because everyone started to see through his ploy. We all saw he was trying to play the "I'm unemployed" card when even while unemployed, Justin did not have to sell his RCs to make ends meet.

Justin reality should have done two things:
1) Give Ezra one of his own RCs. He had 3 RCs when he came to RCU and begged for people to give him freebees.
2) If Justin was insistent that he cannot sacrifice one of his three RCs (which he was), he should have waited when he was able to get more RCs and then given one to Ezra. Justin has six RCs now, so he is not in bad a situation that he played himself to be in his other two threads.

I agree, the strings attached is of no relevance.
But what is relevant is the disrespect that Justin has done to us all by coming on here and begging when he did not need to, and the major disrespect he did to Chip's generosity.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:14 AM
On2_n_On4

wow 48 days working at Pizza Hut and you already bought 3 more cars? [:-]
I'm sending my resume right now!!!

I hope this kid doesn't grow up to be like you. [:'(]
Old 06-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Gex_61

I didn't follow the other thread very closely, but I'm a little surprised to see this is so one-sided. I'm still not sure exactly what to think.

I thought Chip was willing to help because he had much more to give. As far as sacrifice, we are still talking about toys/entertainment here.

It doesn't matter how sad Cika's story was, we are still just talking about toys. Chip didn't have to give him anything, and everything would have been fine. Why is it upsetting that Cika is better off now, and that Ezra is supposedly doing what he wants with his gift?

Would people not be upset if the two were worse off now? You could argue that if Chip wanted to help someone who was worse off, he could have sold the toy, and given money to someone who needed... food, shelter? If Ezra was in a worse spot, this may have been what happened anyways.

I could be missing something though.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:41 AM
SAVAGEJIM

No, your right, these are just toys. And yes, generosity should not have strings attached.

But generosity should also be given respect, be the gift toys or actual useful things for making ends meet.
The old saying "never look a gift horse in the mouth" holds true; it is a sign of respect for the one who is being generous to you.
The one who receives owes the giver at least that little bit of respect as a courtesy and an expression of gratitude.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Cika000
Banned

Thank you! I am much better off now than I was then. I was outta work and not sittin to good. Im working and alot better off now. I had four trucks then and now I have six! He didnt give Ezra a lemon. It was a very nice E maxx. Ezra loved it. We just kept runnung into problems and he got bummed and started thinking it was a bum truck. I explained that fixing it is just what the other half of RC is all about. He wouldnt change his mind. He knows theres trading on here and wanted something new. So, not knowing things were gonna get like this I traded it away and grabbed him a VXL. I figured this would be more what he was looking for. I had an add for my E maxx. Just to clear it up, its a completely different truck.  But I thought it would ok for Ezra to do what he wanted to do with it. I had four trucks at the time Chip gave Ezra the truck and it might sound crappy, but I wasnt willing to give one to him. I let him bash them all day thou. We had this argument once befor thou. I dont understand why everyone here feeds on this drama. It like a bunch of S*** talkin high school girls. He gave Ezra the truck, Ezra played with it. It was an awsome thing! He wanted a different one, so we traded it. I had an add for a E maxx. I didnt know since Ezra recieved a E maxx from Chip that there would be all this Drama outta me posting an add for mine. He has a Rusty here that Im in the process of tuffing up for him so he doesnt have to many issues and will stay involed in this great hobby. He's 8 and easily swayed. So I wanna have this truck close to bullet proof and he will be able to run,run,run.. But no matter what I say I'm a scammer. So, I cant say nothing more
Old 06-06-2010, 12:09 PM
SAVAGEJIM

The E-Maxx could have been upgraded too, and actually made bullet proof. And as also said, if you were having problems, Chip would have helped you out there too.

I cannot say it enough, you should have never come on to RCU and begged. So, you admit that you didnt have only three (3) RCs when you begged, you really had four (4) RCs?

You lied to us by making yourself sound like you were in dire straights.
And you could have give Chip a heads-up of the trade before you did it, you owe Chip that very small bit of respect.
As the beggar, you take on a rather heavy yoke. You bear the burden of convincing us that you are really in need of help, and now that you have 6 RCs, even for working only at Pizza Hut, that only says to the RCU community that you are not in need at all.

As I have said to you in your other two threads that got locked, I am not going to reply to you anymore in this one either. This has gone on long enough.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Gex_61

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

No, your right, these are just toys. And yes, generosity should not have strings attached.

But generosity should also be given respect, be the gift toys or actual useful things for making ends meet.
The old saying ''never look a gift horse in the mouth'' holds true; it is a sign of respect for the one who is being generous to you.
The one who receives owes the giver at least that little bit of respect as a courtesy and an expression of gratitude.
I definitely don't disagree with you. It just seems that Cika was kicked under the bus by everyone throughout this whole thing. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but at the very least, he is a talented scammer with a lot of time on his hands.[sm=tired.gif]

Maybe it would be a good idea for Cika to meet with Chip and calmly talk things over. Everyone was happy not long ago.

I'm also curious, What did he do to get his other account suspended? This could change my thinking.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:36 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Cika000

I have to post again. I keep reading and its driving me crazy. I didnt hire some lady and Kid! lol... Are you for real! Ezra is not Hired Help, nor is my grandmother. I didnt hustle anyone. I traded my Revo for an Emaxx. Thats the one that was posted for sale. Not Ezras. Ezra is my little cousin and lives right across the street. Half my family live in one block. We dont steel things from each other. Ezra has very little big things like the Maxx. He has a PS2 and the RC. I wouldnt take it from him! He knows that I trade trucks all the time and wanted me to find him something faster and with a better runtime than 10mins. He used to BL trucks with lipos from playing with mine. So, I got him a rustly VXL. That way he'll have a durable faster RC that he can run for longer than10 mins. You people are very negative. The world and everyone in it arent crooked. I have more than enough RC's to be taking them from children. I sold a Slash VXL for $100 to buy parts for his rusty. I wanna replace any plastic left with RPM. It already has alot of alum. so I figured between the alum and RPM it shouldnt have to many problems and wont get discuraged with it breaking. Im really just in shock over this. You people are all making asumptions on something you know nothing about. Your guessing on the situation and putting it all together to be something shady. Its not! But I already know, no matter what I say. I'll be the scammer and bad guy. But Im not!
This kids sits on the porch waiting for me to get home from work! Me with the six cars! And I could not give him one or put a little money back from my job to help a kid that say I care so much about? Instead ask for help from others! Am I missing something here? Wow this guy is is is......... I have no kind words for him, But I do for the one's that showed kindness! The guy is shameful!
Old 06-06-2010, 12:36 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Ok i just have to point out some things.
1.He never asked for a full rc.He asked for parts
2.Well, he did except a full rc, or 2 though he didnt need them.But he still didnt beg for a full one.Read the original thread, he asked for parts to build one up.
And i have found it kinda unbelievable that he couldnt give one of his own to him, i still dont know the full reason so im not saying more on it.

I watched him sell the slash for $100 on another site, and im trading him something for the rustler.I totally see the he didnt want it, and wanted to trade it.It was Ezras, not justins.He should be able to get something else if he wanted. I mean really where is the wrong with that?And this thread really took off, and i think the whole thing couldve been avoided if Chip just contacted Justin to see whats up with that add.I really think this was way unnecessary.But i guess thats just me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.