Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ranting, stand clear

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Freequensee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ranting, stand clear

ORIGINAL: Candre23
Sure, everything you need to know is in this forum somewhere - but where? I read the stickies, and they kinda sorta get you started, but only just. There are over nine million posts here. The official thread for the truck I decided on is over 17k posts long. Searching is sometimes helpful, but coming into this cold, half the time I don't even know the terms I should be searching for. Even searching simple things like ''tires evader'' (just in the electric off-road forum) returns over 1400 results. Many of those results are several years old, so they may not still be relevant, and many of the older pics and links are broken. And even the good results contain abbreviations words that are meaningless to a novice.
I know exactly what you mean but how do you think all the OGs got to where they are? They took the time to learn everything they need to know to succeed in the hobby. I know looking in a 40,000 post thread for a single answer is a daunting task but if you take the time to look through the thread, you'll eventually find your answer and you may even learn some other stuff along the way that will come in handy later on down the road. I did that when I started out and I learned what I need to know and even more. If a person is serious about the hobby, they will invest the time to learn about it.

"Information learned is more valuable then information given."

While we are still ranting, I just hate posts that like those in a chat room. "hey ppl cn u tell me wot car 2 by??? thx" There isn't a small window of time to post a message like there is in a chat room. There is no excuse to type a post like that on a forum. Oh yeah, POSTS IN ALL CAPS ARE JUST AS IRRITATING. Does no one use post preview? That's why it's there. To look at your post to make sure it can be read.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:22 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ranting, stand clear

ORIGINAL: cumquat

this thread stays on topic like the lounge
anyone wanna ride bikes?