Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

ranting, stand clear

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:31 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ranting, stand clear

ok im normaly not the type to post this sort of thing (atleast i think im not) but im on 5 different forums (minus my clubs forum) and in eveyone its the same crap!!!! im sick of all these ppl wanting instant gratification or are too lazy to do any leg work towards researching a problem or car or some other stupid thing. im sick of the stupid SC, slash, rusty, pede threads that are so easily answered with a simple line typed into the SEARCH button. and im so so sick of all the brand bias and close mindedness from ppl. and how many times have i seen something to the effect of " its a race car so it cant handle abuse" WRONG how many of those ppl that post that crap have ever even seen a track in person let alone raced for any amount of time, if they did they'd know that race rigs are as tough as anything out there, especialy since racers are hard charging the whole time.

to all you out there who are new to rc, you are more than welcome to ask questions, its part of the hobby and most will be happy to answer but do yourself a favor and start doing some leg work of your own!

maybe im just going through racing withdraw or maybe my ego is so big that i think my opinion matters maybe i need to start getting more wheel time in [sm=bananahead.gif] or i could always start drinking more[&:]

rant over, continue with the normaly schedualed program
Old 06-16-2010, 07:52 PM
proanti1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ranting, stand clear

Yeah... I feel the same way. I dont mind answering a tuning question, but when you can find a part on towerhobbies with a simple keyword...
Old 06-16-2010, 07:57 PM
mrbonez

A+ rant have to agree with you and i am guilty to . the search menu is on here for a reason, heck most times you can just typ in your question on the web and it will take you right to it on rcu anyway good stuff but honestly how many more times do we have to see
" what truck should i buy" threads isnt that a personal choice ? dont you always want to just say buy a pede or rusty and doit it now !!
LoL or is it just me
Old 06-16-2010, 08:04 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

FieroMan121 for mayer!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:06 PM
rcslsafut

there is a "so you want a r/c " or "read this first before asking ,what car to buy" thread for amost every catagory in this forum
and there is a METRIC TON of info in every one of them!!! there is a place to ask questions ,but i agree that a person should do a little foot work first.
almost everyone on here has no problem answering questions , and they are more times than not extreemlly helpfull
so check out the "read this before asking what car to buy" threads ,and ask away!!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:00 PM
OvalRacer99

Got to agree with that!!!
It amazes me how many people will ask questions on these and other forums when all they need to do is head over to the manufacturers web sight and find everything they need to know.
Do they not know what Google (or any other search engine) is and how to use it?

Old 06-16-2010, 09:17 PM
FieroMan121

well to add to my other comments i forgot to mention, nobody does good projects anymore, the only ones i see are vintage restorations and a few hard core moders who dont do anything but. and most people who do "projects" just slap some pretty peices on their rusty and call it a day. are ppl intimidated by tools and new things or are they just lazy? take some inititive people!!!

ya know what it is, im still in the 80's and 90's when cars were kits, traxxas was racing, and ppl were always trying new things and belived in hard work. too bad i wasnt born in the 80's
Old 06-16-2010, 10:12 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

ORIGINAL: OvalRacer99

Got to agree with that!!!
It amazes me how many people will ask questions on these and other forums when all they need to do is head over to the manufacturers web sight and find everything they need to know.
Do they not know what Google (or any other search engine) is and how to use it?
oh yeah, the one's that really piss me off are the ones that could be answered if the idiot would just READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL.

ORIGINAL: FieroMan121

well to add to my other comments i forgot to mention, nobody does good projects anymore, the only ones i see are vintage restorations and a few hard core moders who dont do anything but. and most people who do "projects" just slap some pretty peices on their rusty and call it a day. are ppl intimidated by tools and new things or are they just lazy? take some inititive people!!!

ya know what it is, im still in the 80's and 90's when cars were kits, traxxas was racing, and ppl were always trying new things and belived in hard work. too bad i wasnt born in the 80's
people don't need to build projects anymore, they can buy an RTR. sucked the friggincreativity right out of it. instant gratification or nothing, unless the parts are easy bolt on's people aren't interested. we are raising a new generation in this manner. its going to come back and screw us up the butt. and i aint just talking about the hobby im talking about society as a hole
Old 06-16-2010, 10:33 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

I gotta come in and agree with you guys.So many threads every day on some stupid question that has been answered countless times.I really honestly cant see, why people cant use the search button. I think there needs to be a gigantic banner on every page that says

USE THE FREAKIN SEARCH BUTTON!

These lazy people really do get on my nerves sometimes.I see thread called the cure to male baldness and im like oh finally!Turns out its just another question []

One more thing i have to add.

It ticks me off SO bad, when people post a bunch of threads, about the same truck, or even asking the same question.[sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif]
For instance, 2 threads 5 minutes apart about tires and wheels, and asking the same question in them.Or, someone asks 4+ questions about the same truck, in 4+ different threads all back to back in the same forum.[sm=angry_smile.gif]
Old 06-16-2010, 10:42 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sick of the polls people do and I barf when i see the this VS that threads.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:54 PM
qoisdhc oqina

And i need to add.Not a fan of the people that snap at people and are complete d[:@][:@][:@]s to people for no reason, especially if the person snapped at was trying to help

OH!And people that talk in text and make it impossible to understand[:'(]

Can we get a sticky on this?Lol

*The official venting thread*

*Looks at the title proudly*
Yep...Thatll do
Old 06-16-2010, 11:59 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally thing that peeves me off is when you do answer someones question and they don't even thank you
or in some cases give you an attitude because they didn't do something that is common sense, written in the damn manual, and think your making fun of them. Or they keep posting in their thread to bump it up every 3 mins cause no one replied immediately

THEN THERE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT PUNCTUATION OR CAPLOCK WAS MEANT FOR WITH A BUTTLOAD OF MISSPELLINGS AND WILL TYPE IN ONE LONG RUN ON SENTENCE THAT MAKES ALMOST NO SENSE AND YOU HAVE TO REREAD A FEW HUNDRED TIMES TO MAKE SENSE

couldn't help myself there
Old 06-17-2010, 12:07 AM
qoisdhc oqina

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Personally thing that peeves me off is when you do answer someones question and they don't even thank you
or in some cases give you an attitude because they didn't do something that is common sense, written in the damn manual, and think your making fun of them. Or they keep posting in their thread to bump it up every 3 mins cause no one replied immediately

THEN THERE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA WHAT PUNCTUATION OR CAPLOCK WAS MEANT FOR WITH A BUTTLOAD OF MISSPELLINGS AND WILL TYPE IN ONE LONG RUN ON SENTENCE THAT MAKES ALMOST NO SENSE AND YOU HAVE TO REREAD A FEW HUNDRED TIMES TO MAKE SENSE

couldn't help myself there

Yeah the cAps/punc,hiation kind of went along with what i said, but you topped me a lil bit lol.The not thanking you thing is bad too, i used to take it kind of personal but now i just shrug it off.

And the people that bump every minute cause no one is answering is unbelievable.Like the ones no one gets an answer and 2 minutes later they are like

***!!!!Why arent you pople anSwerng Meh!! Om<G
Old 06-17-2010, 12:16 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: qoisdhc oqina

Yeah the cAps/punc,hiation kind of went along with what i said, but you topped me a lil bit lol.The not thanking you thing is bad too, i used to take it kind of personal but now i just shrug it off.

And the people that bump every minute cause no one is answering is unbelievable.Like the ones no one gets an answer and 2 minutes later they are like

***!!!!Why arent you pople anSwerng Meh!! Om<G
Like the guy asking 5 times which redcats better when there the same damn vehicle with a different shell only lol

I also like people who ask for opinions and get pissed off when people give them

last thing I cannot stand is when some noob asks which is better Nitro or electric and it erupts into a 10 page flame war. (ok I lie the 1st few pages are usually hilarious but usually after 3-4 pages till its locked are usually boring)
Old 06-17-2010, 12:22 AM
qoisdhc oqina

Like the guy asking 5 times which redcats better when there the same damn vehicle with a different shell only lol
I was kinda taking shots at him and hoping someone noticed without me having to be specific.

I also like people who ask for opinions and get pissed off when people give them
Those are great too

last thing I cannot stand is when some noob asks which is better Nitro or electric and it erupts into a 10 page flame war. (ok I lie the 1st few pages are usually hilarious but usually after 3-4 pages till its locked are usually boring)

I love the electric vs nitro,but...The first few pages, are good.Some are good arguments, as you said, they are amazingly funny and a great read But after...People just run out of things to say.

Nitros better!It uses gas!!Yay!Take that ozone!

Electrics better!Nitro put the hole in the zone layer!!
(Traxxas fanboy)

Whats an oz0ne layer?

Electric doesnt have sound!N00bs!

Nitro....Blows!Yeah take that!Tree hugger
Old 06-17-2010, 12:32 AM
supamagician

well to add to my other comments i forgot to mention, nobody does good projects anymore, the only ones i see are vintage restorations and a few hard core moders who dont do anything but. and most people who do ''projects'' just slap some pretty peices on their rusty and call it a day. are ppl intimidated by tools and new things or are they just lazy? take some inititive people!!!
Man I guess this is just some people. Me and a friend of mine were out at his lake house in the middle of no where without a single hobby shop around. We were driving a savage and a buggy. The front aluminum hinge pin carrier snapped and the hinge pin broke in half. 2 hours later....WE WERE DRIVING IT AGAIN!!! How?! We found some scrap aluminum and went to it with a saw and some grinders. We used one of the NON-broken carriers as a template, and we machined our own!!!!!! It is twice as strong!!! Then we went to the local hardware store and found a drill bit that was the same diameter as the hinge pins. We sanded the edges off of it and VOILA!!!! We had a new hinge pin, and a new carrier and was driving again!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:38 AM
FieroMan121

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ive actualy been thanked before, sent me a pm and all. it makes it worth in a way

@supamagician : thats what im talking about!!!! a++

bdw lets try not to knock on specific individuals, its a public forum ad everyone can read it, which means you may push ppl away instead of letting them feel wecome in this hobby. the simplest thing can rub ppl the wrong way. i know i could poke at atleast a few of you and vice versa
Old 06-17-2010, 12:50 AM
supamagician

Yeah I was more than pleased with the outcome. My grandpa was a machinist and has taught me well He always told me there is no sense in buying a new part unless you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO!!! I HIGHLY doubt that "hinge pin" we put in will EVER break LOL
Old 06-17-2010, 12:53 AM
qoisdhc oqina

sorry for postin too much 2 one is about the transmition and the other ones to help me decide i put 2 cause i was getting no respond :S
Thats like 80% of what i talked about right there!Lol
Old 06-17-2010, 12:54 AM
qoisdhc oqina

bdw lets try not to knock on specific individuals, its a public forum ad everyone can read it, which means you may push ppl away instead of letting them feel wecome in this hobby. the simplest thing can rub ppl the wrong way. i know i could poke at atleast a few of you and vice versa

Whos knocking?
Old 06-17-2010, 12:55 AM
FieroMan121

just saying, watch what you post, im sure mods are keeping an eye on things

bdw other post lol
Old 06-17-2010, 01:03 AM
qoisdhc oqina

just saying, watch what you post, im sure mods are keeping an eye on things

bdw other post lol

No one specific.He/she double spaced once and i made it single space,so technically.

And that was made right after me and someone else were ranting about that, and i found it quite funny and kinda ironic so i put it up.[sm=angel_smile.gif]

I do watch what i post, hate to get on the bad side of a mod[sm=47_47.gif]
Old 06-17-2010, 01:08 AM
FieroMan121

yup we love the mods at rcu [sm=angel_smile.gif]

actualy in all ernest they are pretty good, not like monster traxxas where its basicly a member of the soviet block
Old 06-17-2010, 01:35 AM
mrbonez

yup we love the mods at rcu [sm=angel_smile.gif]

actualy in all ernest they are pretty good, not like monster traxxas where its basicly a member of the soviet block
LoL @ Soviet Block this has become my favorite thread
Old 06-17-2010, 01:54 AM
aknitroguy
My Feedback: (82)

On an unrelated note, can anyone tell me the part number for the front left hand shock tower for my stampede?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.