Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

good track karma pays off

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 05:56 PM
FieroMan121
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good track karma pays off

well im normaly a very nice person at the track, im always the first to help the newbys (especialy the peder's) and finaly it payed off, been helping a guy with servo and radio problems since ive had my share and picked up a few things over the years. anyway today he gave me a GS racing storm mt. the engine is shot and its got no electronics but ive been praying to the rc gods for an mt and this just about fits the bill. its an oddball in its own right and from 03 when truggys were in there infancy and MT's were "it" (making it the newest car in my fleet[sm=what_smile.gif]). i think i even remember reading a review somewhere or atleast seeing this car all those years ago in a tower ad ('03 was longer ago than it feels)

the stock body is in ok shape but of course as with the rest of you i never leave well enough alone so ill probably pick up a hpi helfire wing mount and a maxx body, something cool, maybe a bug or a something odd like that, the tires are in great shape and will see track time although imo they seem a bit hard by todays standard. i think they are old imex bow-tie look alikes

so what to do, what to do? im thinking 4s and either dual kd 700's/ single 970 or a ezrun 120 amp esc with a nice torquey motor since i really dont want overkill or standing backflips and am not in a position to spend money, plus now that my nitro hawk is done and my trx-3 project is slowly taking shape (the plan is to take the trx-3 slow) i have another thing to occupy me. as far as a rebuild and such. i do plan to make this primarily a basher but it will see track time every so often

heres pics

Old 06-26-2010, 06:39 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: good track karma pays off

i have a single titan 775 motor in my emaxx. pushes the 14 pound truck pretty dang well IMO. i run it on a pair of 2s lipos on the stock EVX.
the reason i mention it, is a new titan 775 cost $30 shipped. one of the best brushed motors i have ever had.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:08 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice dog, But he likes to chase RC's.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:42 PM
FieroMan121

nah, she and her sister are affraid of my rc's not to say they wont try to bark at um. that one is my helper, grabs tires for me, although she hasnt learned how to bring them to me[&:]

@ nitrosport: yeah, i want to do this on a budget but still make the nitro guys squeal \,,\ thats good to know i dont need to drop big$$$ into it. what esc did you use?

also general question im not sure the diff gear pitch its a bit bigger than 32p and im having a hard time remembering the different sized 1/8th pinions.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:29 AM
FieroMan121

thought id update this, rebuilt and cleaned it, now im in the middle of fabbing a motor mount, ive also decided on electronics

kershaw designs 700-HO, Tekin 420f esc, spc 2s1p 5000 lipos wired in series to make a 4 cell, hitec hs-6635hb servo.

i was crunching numbers yesturday and for the price of an axial .28 and 2 servos plus a new servo mount since i buutchered the one on there now its about 200-250 and about the same for the above listed setup with a batt tray and an assortment of pinions but without the packs which i need regardless since im down 2 lipos as it is.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:31 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

Nice lookin truck,
Old 07-02-2010, 06:52 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fieroman... I had one of those for years, I sold it a couple of years ago and I really shouldn't have.. The reason I got rid of it was parts were getting harder to find, but not impossible... It handled really well... very fast.. I had an xtm247 motor in it and it flew... jumped great and kept up with the later model truggies and beat quite a few.. If I didn't know any better, I would say yours looks strangly like mine, but they all looked the same... I will look in my shop and see it I have anything I could donate to your truck.. I know I still have a few of the old pinions (various tooth count) floating around and maybe some suspension stuff... I sold the truck to a guy in florida about 2 years ago...
Old 07-02-2010, 07:45 PM
FieroMan121

thanks guys heres a nice show pic i just took, a bolt of lightning came down about 30 seconeds after i took the pic

@cen racer, thanks thatd be sweet, the rear shocks were[]

i really need a few parts for the front, the shock tower is bent, the uper arm is cracked but useable, the hinge pin was bent but i got that straitened out pretty good.

its a beefy car and i imagine with good truggy tires i could do well, the truggy class at the local track is a war of atrition (sp?) so if i can just run clean laps im sure ill do well and from what you are saying im looking foward to it