Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

OS RZV Engine Question??

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 04:14 AM
rcharry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS RZV Engine Question??

Im most likley going to buy a that engine tommarow for $150 bux. It has a gallon through it, and from what ive seen of it it runs great. I just wanted to know from all the OS RZV owners how long can this engine last and when should i rebuild it?
thanks guys!
Old 07-25-2003, 12:29 PM
eltorito

Well, it is a great engine. Life of the piston and sleeve depends on usage. I would say that running it using 30% and not exceeding 250 deg (which means running just right, not too lean and not rich) the engine quite possibly would last about 6-7 gallons making good power. After u go thru 6 gallons I would get the p/s squeezed by osrocket and then you should be able to run the engine again for another 6-7 gallons.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:33 PM
rcharry-RCU

Wow, thats awsome! Its in a good condition, and was just used to race. It had a few 45 min mains at some national races! Wow, thats going to be great, he might of run 20% but im not sure.
thanks
Old 07-26-2003, 01:45 AM
eltorito

If the engine was used during 45 min mains I would open the engine up and inspect all the components. Make sure the piston does not goes all the way thru the sleeve when it is out of the case. No chips or scratches on both the piston and sleeve. Make sure the conrod is in good condition. Look for metal particles from the rear bearing. If the components look good then I would get it squeezed so you have a brand new engine fo almost half price
Old 07-26-2003, 01:59 AM
rcharry-RCU

How much is squezzing. And whats the top speed of the OS? Just curious!
Old 07-26-2003, 02:40 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

When they say squeeze.. they mean pinching the sleeve to fit the head.

This is something that people with some fine machinery do. They arent talking about "squeezing" some extra life out of it.

I hope...lol

Ram
Old 07-26-2003, 05:05 AM
eltorito

P/s squeeze by osrocket goes for about $30. A new set will run around $130. Go to ebay and do a search by seller. Type in osrocket. I have yet to hear something negative about his work.
As far as top speed goes it is kinda hard or almost impossible to determine. It all depends on gearing. As far as rpm goes then I think it is 40000 max rpm and max hp is 2.4 @ 32000.
Old 07-26-2003, 03:08 PM
rcharry-RCU

I thought thats what it was, just like a refitting.
I just wanted to know how engine compares to my other one.