Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

the next new traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 03:08 PM
hasek1616

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the next new traxxas

ehh, i dont think thats 100% true, in my time on rcu and some of the other forums i check regularly i see a lot more tamiya fanboys and they all seem to be doing what people say the traxxas fanboys do, look at rcu for example, the tamiya lunchbox has its own thread that is one of the most used threads on rcu, if not the most, and all it is for is for people to brag and talk about their tamiyas and how there really good, i havent seen anything lose to that for any other brand. just my 2 cents
Old 08-13-2010, 03:29 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: hasek1616

ehh, i dont think thats 100% true, in my time on rcu and some of the other forums i check regularly i see a lot more tamiya fanboys and they all seem to be doing what people say the traxxas fanboys do, look at rcu for example, the tamiya lunchbox has its own thread that is one of the most used threads on rcu, if not the most, and all it is for is for people to brag and talk about their tamiyas and how there really good, i havent seen anything lose to that for any other brand. just my 2 cents
which thread are you talking about? this one? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_40...78/key_/tm.htm
Old 08-13-2010, 04:04 PM
hasek1616

no, it was called the lounge or something like that
Old 08-13-2010, 04:39 PM
cumquat

thats what i thought you were talking about. it has nothing to do with tamiya, or rc for that matter, most of the time. it is simply a place to chat with people that have similar intrests (rc, cars, electronics, etc.) to you. i started posting in the lounge 2 at about 800 pages (back in '08), it was shut down at 1400 pages because the rcu servers couldnt handle the load. the lounge 3 is at 614 pages since it was started by foxy in feb. '09 and i got my first tamiya in july this year.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:52 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MODEL AVIA-

oh, wait
Old 08-13-2010, 05:07 PM
cumquat

you're not going to stop making that joke, are you?
Old 08-13-2010, 05:14 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Somebody's never owned a Tamiya product.

They make top notch stuff. Go look at a TRF201 or TRF511 or a TRF416.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:19 PM
hasek1616

i never said they were bad, they are a very established name, but it seems to me there are more ardent tamiya supporters or fanboys, whatever you wish to call them, than traxxas
Old 08-13-2010, 05:27 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah... you should see the Tamiya tank people, talk about some hardcore followers.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:33 PM
hasek1616

thats kinda the point i was trying to make, both traxxas and tamiya, possiply hpi definitely have the most fanboys if you wish to call them that, but they have them for very different reasons, traxxas has them because they make rtr models that have the ability to go very fast and are very durable, and tamiya has them because they are one of the oldest and most trusted names in rc, but you wont find one in my shed
Old 08-13-2010, 05:37 PM
cumquat

at least we are agreeing to disagree and staying civil.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:54 PM
hasek1616

yeah why dont we end this conversation so it doesnt turn into a ford vs chevy debate and have it be removed
Old 08-13-2010, 05:57 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

i never said they were bad, they are a very established name, but it seems to me there are more ardent tamiya supporters or fanboys, whatever you wish to call them, than traxxas[img][/img]
The point was simply that Tamiya makes some of the nicest stuff on Earth. Even ThunderbirdJunkie's $99.99 F103GT kit is well made and required no extra work for everything to go together
Old 08-13-2010, 06:17 PM
cumquat

yeah why dont we end this conversation so it doesnt turn into a ford vs chevy debate and have it be removed
either way, lambo is better
Old 08-13-2010, 07:03 PM
jatoracing33

tl;dr. Too many posts since my first one. The older kits Traxxas made I do believe were back when RTRs weren't as popular. I would like to see them make a race-worthy kit, however I have my doubts that it would take off. A big block truck seems reasonable, however I don't know if they'll make a whole new vehicle or just throw it in a Revo or T-Maxx. A new electric 4-tec would be nice, as it is about the only thing they haven't updated in the past 5 years, but I doubt they'd throw a Velineon system in it. I think if they did it might be too fast. I don't see them making a 1/5th scale. It just doesn't seem popular enough to be profitable.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:41 PM
hasek1616

well they just recently added the platinum edition so hopefully theyll add a kit platinum edition also, i think that would be good to see, but i highly doubt that they will make a kit only vehicle, and as for a big block i think that if they made that it would be good to release a new truck along with it, something besides a monster truck, a truggy would be nice, but they need to update their 3.3 motor to a .21 atleast (and i wish they would label it the same as other manufacturers as i have no clue as to where it fits in among other motors, i think its lower than a .21 but im not positive) and if they did update their trx line im sure itd work its way into all of their nitro trucks. They should make an e 4tec soon, but if they dont then im pretty sure that that line is done for good, but why wouldnt they put their velineon in it? traxxas sells their products through speed, i doubt itd hit more than 70+ with 3s, but i dont know, maybe theyll make a new brushed motor specifically for it. and as for fifth scale i see that taking off in the future, maybe not the next new traxxas but the 3rd or 4th one after that
Old 08-13-2010, 08:14 PM
cumquat

well they just recently added the platinum edition so hopefully theyll add a kit platinum edition also, i think that would be good to see, but i highly doubt that they will make a kit only vehicle, and as for a big block i think that if they made that it would be good to release a new truck along with it, something besides a monster truck, a truggy would be nice, but they need to update their 3.3 motor to a .21 atleast (and i wish they would label it the same as other manufacturers as i have no clue as to where it fits in among other motors, i think its lower than a .21 but im not positive) and if they did update their trx line im sure itd work its way into all of their nitro trucks. They should make an e 4tec soon, but if they dont then im pretty sure that that line is done for good, but why wouldnt they put their velineon in it? traxxas sells their products through speed, i doubt itd hit more than 70+ with 3s, but i dont know, maybe theyll make a new brushed motor specifically for it. and as for fifth scale i see that taking off in the future, maybe not the next new traxxas but the 3rd or 4th one after that
first, which platinum are you talking about?
second, the 3.3 is a .20. their website and tower both say it.
third, all traxxas engines are trx labeled.
fourth, the e-4tec would likely use a mamba monster, not the vxl. it would be capable of 100 mph.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:19 PM
rc person 577

I am one of those people who like building bigger stuff out of smaller stuff. (a kit guy)

I would love to see abrushless 1/5 scale in a kit, maybe rtr.

This is why:
A: For those people who don't have a place to run a 1/5 scale because of the noise (like me).
B: There is no other brushless specific 1/5 scale anywhere, it would be the 1st in it's class.
C: Traxxas does not have any scratch build kits avalible (not sure about the Revo Platinum).
D: I think it would be really cool to see a gaint short course, stadium truck, or even a Revo (whatever it is)

just my 2 cents
Old 08-13-2010, 08:24 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt it would use a mamba... they would probably re-badge a Novak system like they have done in the past.

Traxxas tried the large scale gasser a long time ago, the Monster Buggy. Which was a flop, I highly doubt they would try that again. HPI pretty much has a monopoly on that anyways.

I don't have a thing against Tamiya, I have a few. Its just how outdated most of their stuff is... most of their cars cannot handle the power that a competitively priced car can these days (excluding all the racing stuff). I understand the plastic chassis are cheap and very cost effective, but the tuneability and serviceability really take a major hit. Replacing blown gears (which happens quire frequently) take a long time, its not as simple as just swapping out a spur.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:30 PM
cumquat

why wouldnt it? the BL maxx and revo do. it fits.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:01 PM
hasek1616

i mean the feature of producing a platinum edition for their cars, and where do you find that on the traxxas site? i mustve overlooked it, and the mamba monster is a little much if anyone wanted to race these, a 1/10th touring car isnt really a 1/8th scale monster truck, and i know they label them 1/10th but they are basically 1/8th size at this point, and plus the price with that would be sky high, and no one would run 6s in a touring car, the velineon could take it to 70+ easy and it would only need 3s. traxxas is a stepping stone company like ive stated before, and a touring car with the mamba monster in it that is rtr with the two nimh's they normally include would be around $600 which would definitely turn alot of people off to it in these hard times, but the car should be able to handle the mamba monster like the slash 4x4 can
Old 08-13-2010, 09:06 PM
hasek1616

i think it would be a great ideo for them to make a fifth scale, it seems to me to be the perfect application for their vxl 6s combo, and fifth scaes are a growing market with only one major brand in that segment right now, so there is room for some competition, and plus the $1000 dollars for a baja is too much for most, im positive traxxas could get it in the $700 range, and id love to see a fifth scale summit! i think thatd be a great looking and performing truck, theres nothing even close to like it on the market today
Old 08-13-2010, 09:44 PM
jatoracing33

uhhh 1/5th scale brushless? I haven't heard of such a thing yet. I would think that would require a much larger motor and a much larger battery to work. Lipos already can be pretty expensive, I would think a brushless 1/5th scale would be outrageous. I wouldn't know, though, I'm not an electric guy.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:27 PM
cumquat

here is a 1/5th scale BL prototype build http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8867256/tm.htm
Old 08-13-2010, 10:29 PM
HJJFFFAA

Something that isn't based off something else that was based off of something else that was based off of something else that traxxas copied from someone else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.