Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

the next new traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 07:36 PM
hasek1616

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the next new traxxas

i guess i shouldve said class segment creator, just like the slash wasnt the first short course, but it has its own slash only class, i would imagine that if traxxas made a good touring car it would have a traxxas touring car only class
Old 08-12-2010, 07:37 PM
djyjrlz

actually a few months ago i saw a guy down at the local track who was running a petrol 1/5 - 1/6 scale traxxas buggy thing, looked alot like the baja 5b but beefier...
he said he got it off of ebay and went to the LHS and they had loads of parts they needed rid of and he got basically two whole cars worth of spares for like £200....
but i would be nice to see traxxas make something other than bashers, even if it is like a racing rtr or even better a 1/8th kit .

Old 08-12-2010, 07:59 PM
hasek1616

i agree, there such a big name now that they need to branch off to cater to more than just bashers, their platinum editions are a step in the right direction but they need a dedicated race car thats NOT a monster truck lol
Old 08-12-2010, 08:10 PM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

What id like to see in the next "New" traxxas?

Something actually NEW!
Pretty much all theyve done lately, is adapt a previous chassis/car.

The 4x4 slash, just a revo with a new body and tires, and some odds and ends.
2.4 versions of most of their cars.Couldve at least taken the chance to update some parts, i.e. throw some upgrades on it and call it a platinum.
Havent seen a NEW design from them in quite a while.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:40 PM
cumquat

slash - discontinued
pede - discontinued
revo - either discontinued or make up its mind. right now its a short course truck, wanna be crawler and truggy-monster truck hybrid. its annoying

a BB nitro would be cool. they havent made an oval car yet (that i know of). a rally car would be cool.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:45 AM
palmdes1

Few things...

If Traxxas makes a TC it will not take off. People want to play in the dirt, not go up and down their blocks all day. And tracks would have to make another track just for the onroad cars, which isn't big and will never be big anymore.

Traxxas doesn't need to cater to the racers, they are the richest RC company in the world, and the money in R&D and sponsored drivers would far outweigh the cost that they would make.

Traxxas has absolutely Genius marketing skills. I really applaud them for getting a deal together with Pep Boys, and if that Wal Mart deal would of ever came through, the hobby would increase from a few hundred though in the hobby to millions and millions, just because everybody and their mother is in Wal Mart one time or another. The hobby would grow, tracks and hobby shops would flourish just because the mom or dad bought their son a Slash for their birthday/Christmas. 

Traxxas has saved the hobby. 75% of the people at my track has Traxxas cars, and 90% of them started with a Traxxas vehicle of some sort. The only Traxxas I like is the Slash, but even if they don't have the best product, they do have the best marketing.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:33 AM
Candre23
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: cumquat

slash - discontinued
pede - discontinued
revo - either discontinued or make up its mind. right now its a short course truck, wanna be crawler and truggy-monster truck hybrid. its annoying
Discontinue the slash and stampede? Really? That's crazy talk.

The slash is absurdly popular - between the different versions, it's probably TRX's biggest seller. They're certainly not going to kill off their most popular line. It has it's own racing class for pete's sake. Honestly, the only bad thing about the truck is that everybody seems to have one.

The stampede is also still pretty popular - mostly because it's pretty much the only decent cheap monster truck around. If you want an electric MT for under $200, your only other options are the highroller (ugh), wheely king (double ugh) or build a tamiya. Pickings are pretty slim until you get into Savage/Emaxx territory. MTs are fun, and the pede is arguably the best cheap backyard MT on the market.

I agree on the revo though. Not that it should be dropped, but that TRX needs to decide what it is and stick with that. As low as it is, you can't call it a MT. It's closest to a truggy, but it's really just a weird mutt that is trying to be too many things at once.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:36 AM
TIGER76

just give me a 4x4 pede please
Old 08-13-2010, 05:51 AM
hasek1616

i think its about time they update their bandit/stampede/rustler chassis
Old 08-13-2010, 07:36 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to see them make something that isn't geared towards 16 year old kids and clueless parents... something tuneable...

Oh, and an engine that isn't horribly ugly.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:20 AM
hasek1616

quite a few people would like to see something more racer oriented, they've got the money to make a killer racer if they didi their homework
Old 08-13-2010, 10:07 AM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: Candre23

slash - discontinued
pede - discontinued

The slash is absurdly popular - between the different versions, it's probably TRX's biggest seller. They're certainly not going to kill off their most popular line. It has it's own racing class for pete's sake. Honestly, the only bad thing about the truck is that everybody seems to have one.

The stampede is also still pretty popular - mostly because it's pretty much the only decent cheap monster truck around. If you want an electric MT for under $200, your only other options are the highroller (ugh), wheely king (double ugh) or build a tamiya. Pickings are pretty slim until you get into Savage/Emaxx territory. MTs are fun, and the pede is arguably the best cheap backyard MT on the market.

I agree on the revo though. Not that it should be dropped, but that TRX needs to decide what it is and stick with that. As low as it is, you can't call it a MT. It's closest to a truggy, but it's really just a weird mutt that is trying to be too many things at once.
i hate the pede and slash (and the revo as well but not to the same extent) because the attract 10year olds newbs that turn fanboy. i have no problem with new people getting into the hobby or getting what their hobby shop stocks but it seems that all hobby shops stock nowadays is traxxas! these newbs go run their pede or slash in the driveway for 5 minutes and decide its the best thing ever created. it really irritate me.

traxxas is not saving the hobby. the where the ones to introduce rtr and they sell "hobby"grade rc's where they shouldn't be sold. i can tolerate pep boys but toys R us!?!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:18 AM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: Candre23

slash - discontinued
pede - discontinued

i hate the pede and slash (and the revo as well but not to the same extent) because the attract 10year olds newbs that turn fanboy. i have no problem with new people getting into the hobby or getting what their hobby shop stocks but it seems that all hobby shops stock nowadays is traxxas! these newbs go run their pede or slash in the driveway for 5 minutes and decide its the best thing ever created. it really irritate me.

traxxas is not saving the hobby. the where the ones to introduce rtr and they sell ''hobby''grade rc's where they shouldn't be sold. i can tolerate pep boys but toys R us!?!
Why would something like that irritate you? If you don't like traxxas, don't buy their products... thinking negatively about a company just because of who buys its products is a skewed and elitest way of thinking. Who really cares if they sell their stuff at toys-r-us? This hobby isn't private, anyone who wants an rc car (usually when they first see it), should be able to buy one and have some fun like the rest of us... that is basically traxxas' mission statement, the reason the company was started. I wish they would give us long time hobbyists something decent to play with, but I'm not gonna knock a company for attracting the kind of customers it tries to.

Why does everyone think the hobby needs to be saved? It doesn't! It has never needed to be saved... because its a HOBBY.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:47 AM
hasek1616

yeah if traxas was never created i bet this hobby would have never gotten close to the size it is today, mosty because there a stepping stone, not everyone wants a kit and not everyone races, infact the majority of people dont want a kit and the majority of people dont race, and if this wasnt true traxxas would be a very different company, it just so happens that they decided to cater to the large entry level and bashing section of the market while companies like associated decided to cater to theracing side
Old 08-13-2010, 12:07 PM
cumquat

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Why would something like that irritate you? If you don't like traxxas, don't buy their products... thinking negatively about a company just because of who buys its products is a skewed and elitest way of thinking. Who really cares if they sell their stuff at toys-r-us? This hobby isn't private, anyone who wants an rc car (usually when they first see it), should be able to buy one and have some fun like the rest of us... that is basically traxxas' mission statement, the reason the company was started. I wish they would give us long time hobbyists something decent to play with, but I'm not gonna knock a company for attracting the kind of customers it tries to.

Why does everyone think the hobby needs to be saved? It doesn't! It has never needed to be saved... because its a HOBBY.
i dont hae a problem with traxxas. the first (and only so far) monster truck i drove was my uncles tmaxx. i have owned a n. sport and wouldnt mind a second one with a n. rustler, tmaxx, emaxx and a bandit. i just hate the fanboys the majority of their products attract. an AE, HPI, losi or even tamiya fanboy is one thing but the traxxas boys are a whole other level.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:19 PM
flatout->

a 4x4 Jato please
Old 08-13-2010, 01:28 PM
hasek1616

i think its plausible that an e jato could be in the works, an adaptaion of their slash 4x4 chassis, since its unlike traxxas not to make different vehicles off of one chassis i.e. bandit, rustler, slash, stampede
Old 08-13-2010, 01:42 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

i dont hae a problem with traxxas. the first (and only so far) monster truck i drove was my uncles tmaxx. i have owned a n. sport and wouldnt mind a second one with a n. rustler, tmaxx, emaxx and a bandit. i just hate the fanboys the majority of their products attract. an AE, HPI, losi or even tamiya fanboy is one thing but the traxxas boys are a whole other level.
X2!
7 out of 10 of them are blind followers who are lacking knowledge and experienceand are stubborn as hell. bad combination
Old 08-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Candre23
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: suburban_hooligan

i just hate the fanboys the majority of their products attract. an AE, HPI, losi or even tamiya fanboy is one thing but the traxxas boys are a whole other level.
X2!
7 out of 10 of them are blind followers who are lacking knowledge and experience and are stubborn as hell. bad combination
That's hardly traxxas's fault. If they weren't making a ton of cheap, popular trucks, somebody else would be. Any time you can make a good product for a low price, lots of people will buy them. Any time you have a lot of people, statistically speaking, some of them are going to be dingbats. Every manufacturer has some percentage of it's users that are annoying fanboys. It's not that TRX has a higher percentage, it's just that their total number of users is so much higher, so the number of fanboys is higher. And of course, it's the ones with obnoxious opinions that feel the need to shout the loudest.

The moral of this story is that TRX makes a decent product, and a lot of non-fanboys quietly enjoy driving them.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:09 PM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm an ae, losi (vintage only) and tamiya fanboy, so i guess i'm always right.

you know what they say about mopeds and fat chicks? well the same goes for traxxas. lol
Old 08-13-2010, 02:17 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: hasek1616

yeah if traxas was never created i bet this hobby would have never gotten close to the size it is today, mosty because there a stepping stone, not everyone wants a kit and not everyone races, infact the majority of people dont want a kit and the majority of people dont race, and if this wasnt true traxxas would be a very different company, it just so happens that they decided to cater to the large entry level and bashing section of the market while companies like associated decided to cater to theracing side
Ya I go for bashability over racing personally.

Main reason is closest tracks to me are around a 2-3 hour drive in either direction due to property value and zoning by me. I found out there was a track like 30 minutes away, but they lost their zoning and were shut down

The only racing here (that I know of) is on-road but that "track"(one hobby shops parking lot) is only open on weekends at times which I work so that is a no go too. So my only fun is bashing so the more MT's the better
Old 08-13-2010, 02:18 PM
proanti1

ORIGINAL: suburban_hooligan

X2!
7 out of 10 of them are blind followers who are lacking knowledge and experience and are stubborn as hell. bad combination
So everyone that owns an rc car must know how to rebuild it? And MUST buy the aftermarket parts approved by the imaginary board of overseers? The first three hobby grade rc cars I owned were Traxxas... I used to get kind of irritated when someone would try to tell me I needed the next best thing when my nitro stampede was just fine. I know a dude that has nothing but Tamiyas... every single one of his cars is a Tamiya, I joke around with him all the time about how toy-like and untuneable they are, but when it really comes down to it... I don't care about what he has, as long as I can beat him in a race.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:37 PM
cumquat

So everyone that owns an rc car must know how to rebuild it? And MUST buy the aftermarket parts approved by the imaginary board of overseers? The first three hobby grade rc cars I owned were Traxxas... I used to get kind of irritated when someone would try to tell me I needed the next best thing when my nitro stampede was just fine. I know a dude that has nothing but Tamiyas... every single one of his cars is a Tamiya, I joke around with him all the time about how toy-like and untuneable they are, but when it really comes down to it... I don't care about what he has, as long as I can beat him in a race.

when did anyone say that? my gravel hound was my first kit. if you cant rebuild your rc then you are going broke paying the LHS or you treat them like toy grades (buy, break, through away).

your stampede (or any other stock traxxas for that matter) would be SMOKED on the track by a TRF.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:59 PM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when did anyone say that? my gravel hound was my first kit. if you cant rebuild your rc then you are going broke paying the LHS or you treat them like toy grades (buy, break, through away).

your stampede (or any other stock traxxas for that matter) would be SMOKED on the track by a 20 YEAR OLD TAMIYA 4WD
fixed it for you. no need to go for a trf. lol
Old 08-13-2010, 02:59 PM
proanti1

Well someone stated that 7 out of 10 are just inexperienced blind followers... which kind of implies that they are apparently not doing something up to the expectations of others.

No, one of my first cars was a stampede, which is long gone. His fastest car is a tb-5 (there are pictures of it he posted a while back when he got it), which I think is a trf car. Its fast... but we race on a small carpet track most of the time. I have annihilated him with my older street weapon many times. Everything else he has is just the standard Tamiya plastic stuff.

Edit: And hey, the nitro stampedes were pretty quick back then... even with the pro 15, im pretty sure it was just about as fast as any brushed tamiya at the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.