Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Very quiet lately, you guys running rc's?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Very quiet lately, you guys running rc's?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:11 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very quiet lately, you guys running rc's?

I've been very busy for the past couple of months and haven's had the time to run, its been super quiet in here too so i was just wanting to see if anyone been running any rc's?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Redharris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Very quiet lately, you guys running rc's?

I've been pretty busy Racing my 2 Slash cars.
Racing is a Lot more Labor intensive than I Imagined it would be!
I am always Bending/Breaking or Adjusting Something on these cars.

I took the MXT-2S out for a run, but couldn't get the Engine fired up.
I have put a Lot of miles on that engine and I think its time to use the Himoto Engine Replacement Program.
R.I.P Infinity motor[]......lol.

I broke my MXB buggy,,,,Something is wrong with the steering. It Binds up and gets stuck if I make a hard right turn.
So, Ive been trying to figure out That problem. Nothing LOOKS bent,,,,,but it Always get stuck, so there has to be Something Wrong.

I am also working on my Minis, to upgrade them to Brushless,,,,,so thats a side project.....
All in all,,,,,,I have been doing more Fixing than Running this Summer.
But Thats O.K.,,,,,cuz I'll still be able to run my cars in the Winter,,,,,Here in sunny So Cal
Old 08-15-2010, 12:43 PM
ehroof

Great Rich, as long as your doing something RC!!
Old 08-15-2010, 05:10 PM
pede_187

I went to the track for the race. Ran the rc10b4 and it broke down again on the Main (somethings up with this motor). After my race it started raining harder (as I'm standing out in the rain marshalling) as it was raining for about half the race.

Oh yea, I also marshalled both the novice a-main and b-main which I've never done before.........WOW was that an adventure.

And heres some pictures of my muddy B4:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25801.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	1484491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg14974.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	1484492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv53497.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	1484493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18281.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	1484494   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40891.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1484495   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90054.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	1484496  
Old 08-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Redharris

Looks like ya got some Cleaning to do there, Tom....

Yeah,,,,,Marshaling the Rookies is always a Hoot!.....Can you say "5 car pile up" ?
Old 08-15-2010, 07:42 PM
sick6stang

send me a email when you figure out that steering. I got the same issues with the MTX steering. Its all out of whack. And my friend bought a redcat buggy with the same steering setup, and it dis the same thing. Must be in the design of things. Iwas going to install the truggy servo saver and steering linkage somehow.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:43 PM
sick6stang

Ibeen running the 2x4 slash a lot latley. Only due to the lack of Himoto parts in the USA. LOL
Old 08-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Redharris

Sick......
I'll let you know when I figure out the Steering Problem....
I originally thought the Servo was worn/sticking,,,,and it Was,,,,,but the problem persisted after I replaced the servo.....
I think it might be a combination of wear n tear (where Everything gets a little loose and Adds up to problems) along with a weakened plastic part.
When Plastic is repeatedly Bent and then Springs back into Place (like when I bounce off curbs),,,,it gets Soft,,,,and makes for problems.....

I Think Brian (BK Family) had the same problem with His MXB 3,,,,a year or so back......Mebbe He will chime in here and Save us.....Lol...
Old 08-16-2010, 08:17 AM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

Rich and S6S - I did have a binding issue with the MXB-3 when I first got it. There was interference between the [link=http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himotora/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=262&=SID#MOREINFO]steering linkage[/link] and the [link=http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himotora/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=257&=SID#MOREINFO]front chassis[/link] when I was turning right. I was able to take a Dremel to the chassis to resolve the interference. There are pics [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7537006]here[/link].

I have been running pretty regular, but just the Vega 1/8. I have not had time to get the nitros out. I am dying to, but have just been too busy.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:32 PM
kuppler

last week i ran the B4.1, XB10 and my slash. This weekend i didnt run anything due to i got 2 wisdom teeth pulled sat and was in bed all day. then sunday taking care of the wife due to she had surgery on her arm Friday. my mom came over to take care of us on sat. then she went home sunday. i took care of the wife. went to work 2day came home and took care of the wife.. no RC time. I might take a few rc's to work tues to run at lunch just to get some RC time in...
Old 08-16-2010, 10:59 PM
rc-psycho

hey guys i havent bin around for along time but now IM BACK,, i ran my thunder tiger EB4 S3 PRO to day ..i hope you guys bin having some fun wow.well great seeing everybody still chatting atleast
Old 08-19-2010, 09:04 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

To damn hot to run RC cars, the motors are over heating in this weather.We've gone all electric. I've so busy lately machining parts for people wanting to go from gas to electric I don't have time to run cars. We've done three T-maxx conversions from gas to electric. There's nothing available to do the conversion so we had to machine transmission mounts for the electric transmission as well as convert all the drive shafts to steel CVDS and mill out the centers of the drive cups to fit on the E-maxx Transmission. We've done two 1/8th buggy conversions from gas to electric, had to machine motor plates for those and battery holders. All of them are running Mamaba Monsters with 2 25C 5000Mah 11.1Volt batteries for a total of 22.2 Volts all of them are geared for 70+mph and all of them are tire shredding kick ass fast. By far the T-maxx conversions are the most expensive and labor intense, but we try to help the customer offset his cost by listing all the stuff not being used anymore on ebay for them and we keep the ebay sales minus the paypal and ebay fees.

But anyway, no time to run R/cs and to damn hot.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:36 PM
ehroof

nice, would like to see some video of those conversions. I still like my nitro but the electric is definitely the way its going and its much easier.