Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Losi Strike

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 12:57 AM
BRUSSER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Strike

Hey; i being wonder how come nobody talks about the losi stike SC; where they stand with the other short course trucks; is this
truck a floob,don't see any sc race where the losi strike speaks for itself. Is this another piece of junk? [:@]
Old 08-18-2010, 01:16 AM
nitroade

Default RE: Losi Strike

There are a few threads in the electric off road forum about the Strike specifically. Most opinions are that the truck is weak in stock form with lots of parts needing to be replaced: drive cups, transmission parts, dogbones etc. Also, the aftermarket support is not there for this truck, pretty much any upgrades have to be purchased from Losi. Seems the Slash, Blitz and SC10 dominate this category. On the plus side, the price has dropped so significantly lately that I have friends buying Strikes just for the 2.4 tx/rx LOL.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:58 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In retrospect, the Strike seems like a late bloomer afterthought on the part of Losi. Definitely not up to even their own standards, let alone those of the rest of us.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:54 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you want to race a losi sc truck just convert a xxt, it's a much better truck.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:27 AM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

As others have said the Strike is not the most durable of the SC trucks. From the start it was plagued with problems. Everything from poor materials to poor assembly. There where guys noting missing bearings in the trans, stripped screws, loose screws, broken parts right out of the box etc. Add in the problems with materials like weak arms, soft dog bones, drive cups, trans gears, camber links etc and the truck was just a major failure all around.

When this truck hit the market I knew at least a dozen guys that jumped on board and bought them and they where everywhere at the tracks around here. Within a month they where ALL gone. Most where sold or traded. Some where broke down for parts and I know of at least one that was simple thrown in the trash due to frustration. About the only useable parts of the truck was the 2.4 radio system so a lot of guys bought the truck simply for the radio. If you look around it's not uncommon to find used Strikes for under $50

If you're looking at a SC for yourself the Slash, Blitz or SC10 are all excellent choices.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:57 AM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

But you can't beat the price of $120 shipped for a RTR with 2.4ghz radio gear.  I have one on the way just for that reason (even if it does take some $$ in parts it should be a decent deal)

Old 08-18-2010, 03:11 PM
bloodpuppy

Ive had mine about a month now. After a few small problems with breaking parts. Losi sent me replacements for freeeee. I havent had a problem since and ive beat the crap out of it.
Itry and flip it to see what will break and so far noithing.