Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

MIP 360 Stinger Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 09:38 PM
ericg2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIP 360 Stinger Problem

I have an issue with my Stinger pipe... The shock tower. It fits, but I have my body lowered and the new tower isn't as low as my stock tower. Any alternatives?? I guess I can chop the shock tower and drill holes for my rustler body mounts. Or does someone know of a different shock tower I can get?
Old 09-07-2010, 09:39 PM
The_Collector

Default RE: MIP 360 Stinger Problem

There was an MIP 360 tower made for the Rustler. You must have the RC10 or GTX tower. Gotta look for this stuff on eBay and old hobby store stock. The old MIP 360 stuff is long gone.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:35 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this going on a nitro hawk or nitro buggy?
Old 09-07-2010, 10:54 PM
ericg2000

it's going on a nitro stampede. here's some pictures of my stinger pipe set up. so far, i installed everything, i just haven't zip tied the pipe yet, or inserted the exhaust tube. i just wanted to show my progress and ask a few questions.

if you'll notice the body mounts on the shock tower. they are at a fixed height (stock height). i was using different mounts, and had them on the lowest screw to drop the body. i'm thinking about cutting these posts off, and using a set of rpm #80162 t-maxx mounts. with these, i can set the body height to whatever i want. below is a picture... do you think they'll be ok to use? i plan on drilling the screw hole in the tower and then picking the correct hole to set the height where i want it. and should i use 1 screw or 2 to attach them to the tower?

my next question is about the shocks. the factory shock tower has built in spacers that set the top of the shock body off the tower. this mip tower is completely flat and when i put the shocks on, they didn't sit right. so i cut some fuel tube to use as a spacer. how did other mip users approach this issue? do you think this will be strong enough and hold up when landing jumps? if so great, if not what should i do. here is a picture so you can see what i'm talking about.

any advice on how you installed your mip setup please let me know. and show pics if possible. thanks