RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Traxxas SUCKS (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/10184818-traxxas-sucks.html)

rc awesome 12-10-2010 12:49 PM

RE: Traxxas SUCKS

Haha blah blah blahhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../msn/75_75.gifSO its my fault that the ez start broke.

rc awesome 12-10-2010 12:53 PM

kind of reminds me of my hobbie shop guy just i really didn't have any thing else to go by.

carprigger38 12-10-2010 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Dr0

THAT PAINT SCHEME IS VERY GREEN(WINK WINK)http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...bananahead.gif

ORIGINAL: Dangerous_Toys

<span style="font-size: large;">Here is some pics of my T-Maxx. I myself have never had a problem with Traxxas.......http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...s/02149fae.jpghttp://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...s/a3bef7c2.jpghttp://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...s/51f91ae4.jpg</span></p>
Sick !!!!! Heres a pic of mine,...

rc awesome 12-10-2010 03:14 PM

Sweet t-maxx. is there anything stock on that thing.

proanti1 12-11-2010 07:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

Traxxas kicks ass, only the clowns of the world waste time on forums going on about how there car wont run properly. its not traxxas its YOU, your retarded
No, Traxxas does suck for the most part... at least when you finally realize what you spent $400 on. I have owned MANY Traxxas cars, generally speaking, they are a very small step above toy grade. Especially the electrics.

His retarded what?

cooldriver385 12-11-2010 08:00 AM

I think you have a tumor in your brain my good sir. Tamiya and Kyosho are the brands that are just a step above toys. Then when you get to Red Cat, you've entered basic hobby level RC's.;)

carprigger38 12-11-2010 08:11 AM

mine?,...well the tranny case and a verry few bits n pieces,theres a 3.3 in it now ,these are older pics. Now the other guys truck is ,.....well killer to say the least,...but mine is a realbasher.I run it in skate parks and on my cocal BMX track too,..

Cooldriver couldnt be more correct!!!!!!!!

proanti1 12-11-2010 08:39 AM

ORIGINAL: cooldriver385

I think you have a tumor in your brain my good sir. Tamiya and Kyosho are the brands that are just a step above toys. Then when you get to Red Cat, you've entered basic hobby level RC's.;)
Oh yeah, never mind the complete lack of adjustability. Comparing Traxxas to companies that actually release kits is not really a smart move. You sir, are a fanboy. Take a look at Kyosho and Tamiya's lineup, you will see cars mostly made from carbon fiber and aluminum, as well as RTR. Look at Traxxas and you see loads of gray plastic and warning stickers. Traxxas no longer makes a kit that comes with a clear body do they?

hasek1616 12-11-2010 11:50 AM

ill have to disagree with the part of your argument that says cooldriver is a fanboy, just because he decided to go against you calling them a small step above toy grade doesn't mean he is a fanboy, it just means he probably didn't have a negative experience with traxxas like you seemed to have. There are too many people out there with good things to say about traxxas to not listen to them, granted, when you make as many cars as they do some will not be perfect, just as any other brand as mistakes too.

robwiljas 12-11-2010 12:20 PM

I'm sorry but if you have that much trouble with a TRX Pro .15 maybe nitro just isn't for you. That's one of the easiest engines out there.

As for Traxxas, I've been in this hobby for 19 years now, and owned most of the major brands. Personally I like Traxxas, as you can see if you look at my garage. If I was really into racing I'd go with another brand, but for just bashing Traxxas is great. Everyone has had bad experiences with one brand or another. Personally I've had a lot of bad experiences with Losi and HPI, but that doesn't mean I think they're all garbage. I still recently bought another Losi, and I'd give my you know what for an HPI Baja 5T or 5SC :D

The_Shark 12-11-2010 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: proanti1

Oh yeah, never mind the complete lack of adjustability. Comparing Traxxas to companies that actually release kits is not really a smart move. You sir, are a fanboy. Take a look at Kyosho and Tamiya's lineup, you will see cars mostly made from carbon fiber and aluminum, as well as RTR. Look at Traxxas and you see loads of gray plastic and warning stickers. Traxxas no longer makes a kit that comes with a clear body do they?
dont forget hugs and kisses, sunshine and rainbows:)

aluminum/carbon fiber is overated and does little more than jack up the price of the kit, its like some idot kid putting a carbon fiber hood and aluminum strut-rods on his civic and calling it a race car... jack.

SyCo_VeNoM 12-11-2010 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

aluminum/carbon fiber is overated and does little more than jack up the price of the kit, its like some idot kid putting a carbon fiber hood and aluminum strut-rods on his civic and calling it a race car... jack.
Aluminum in some places yes its over rated.
Aluminum knuckles, C-hubs (in some instances), rear wheel hubs, some braces(like on the Jammin X1x CR), and shock towers are generally good.
mostly the rest is for bling.

Lars from Norway 12-11-2010 01:43 PM

This thread sucks

proanti1 12-11-2010 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ORIGINAL: proanti1

dont forget hugs and kisses, sunshine and rainbows:)

Carbon fiber makes EVERYTHING better.

hasek1616 12-11-2010 06:33 PM

it also makes everything ten times more expensive and way out of your beginning hobbyists price range, and according to some college kids that live down the road from me it makes their 99 honda civics the coolest and fastest car out there...

proanti1 12-11-2010 06:46 PM

Well thats all I said up there before everyone jumped down my throat... they are barely above toy grade, for beginning hobbyists. Then someone tried to compare a beginner RTR to a Tamiya or Kyosho kit, blindly factoring out the EXTREMELY nice touring cars (which happen to me made primarily out of carbon fiber and aluminum). These are not Honda civics... These are cars that weigh about a pound, swapping out some plastic for some stronger/lighter carbon fiber instantly makes the car handle better. Aluminum is hit or miss... if it comes with the kit, or is a factory option, its useful. Aluminum becomes more of a nuisance when someone makes a tmaxx out of integy parts (see above). Remember, we are not talking aftermarket, we are talking stock products. You can throw integy garbage on anything.

hasek1616 12-11-2010 06:57 PM

that was a joke, and traxxas cars arent "barely above toy grade" rc's, they are basher oriented cars, therefore kits arent really necessary because the people buying them typically dont want to put the entire car together so they can tune the shok oil, spring rate, diff oil, etc. they just want the car to go fast, not break, not break the bank, and be ready to bash without having to do any work on the car. Traxxas simply made the decision that im surprised no other major companies in rc have made, they decided to cater to the larger market. Your tamiya carbon fiber touring cars and your associated ft rc8b kit with strategic aluminum upgrades are great on the track, some of the best out there, but all that isnt necessary for bashing, it can even be a bad thing for bashing.

OvalRacer99 12-11-2010 09:10 PM

When i first got into this "hobby" in the late 80's, Traxxas was right there with Tamiya, entry level products ment for the basher. Not a thing wrong with that. I am not a fan of RTR RC therefore, I don't care for anything from Traxxas. Also, being a racer, I don't feel that Traxxas can compete so i go with Associated.

I do agree that carbon fiber or graphite as some will call it is over rated in the basher world, but we carpet oval guys swear by it for chassis material, lighter and stronger than G10 (fiberglass) and doesn't flex like G10 and need to be replaced every year.

So I say, if you like Traxxas, more power to ya, but I will never waist any of my $$$$$ on any of their stuff.

Redvanmafia 12-12-2010 05:52 AM

The people that think traxxas sucks, are the 14 yr old retarded children, that had there old man buy them an r/c car because they wouldnt stop nagging, then they broke it and the old man doesnt have the Doah to fix his kids car. so they pop on here and b!tch and whine. typical losers, if you cant put 2 and 2 together to fix your traxxas car this isnt the hobby for you, maybe you should read books.

i8tweety 12-12-2010 05:58 AM

Based on the last few pages of posts, I see no reason to allow this bickering to continue.

Consider this thread closed.