RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Big Mistake (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/10571340-big-mistake.html)

378 06-15-2011 08:52 PM

RE: Big Mistake

Well I figured he had an affiliation with Team Losi. Didn't know he designed the RC10 though.

cumquat 06-15-2011 09:02 PM

didnt he have a falling out with the then-AE owners? i think i read that somewhere.

ThunderbirdJunkie 06-15-2011 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: cumquat

didnt he have a falling out with the then-AE owners? i think i read that somewhere.
The rumor is that Gil and Pops (who owned a racetrack at the time) had some sort of business deal for X number of RC10s to sell, and they never got them.

ThunderbirdJunkie knows not how true that is, so he'd prefer to avoid reciprocating untrue statements[&:]

cumquat 06-15-2011 09:17 PM

ah, i see. it was gill's step mom's hair dressers' nephew's cousin's daughter's pen pal's cat that i heard it from.

Chucksolo69 06-15-2011 09:19 PM

http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=006.jpg

ThunderbirdJunkie 06-15-2011 09:20 PM

ah, i see. it was gill's step mom's hair dressers' nephew's cousin's daughter's pen pal's cat that i heard it from.
Never listen to that cat. 50% of the stuff that comes from its mouth is lies!

Chucksolo69 06-15-2011 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my stable of cars. No worse for the wear. I rubbed out a lot of the scratches and touched up the bad ones. Hardly noticeable now.<a href="http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/l546/Chucksolo69/?action=view&amp;current=006.jpg">

http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/l546/Chucksolo69/?action=view&curren;t=006.jpg</a>

378 06-15-2011 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

Never listen to that cat. 50% of the stuff that comes from its mouth is horse**** and lies!
I heard from the cat's squeaky toy that there was an issue with bodies. Apparently someone at AE wanted to paint them in silver dust and charge 9001 dollars per unit.

ThunderbirdJunkie 06-15-2011 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: 378

Never listen to that cat. 50% of the stuff that comes from its mouth is horse**** and lies!
I heard from the cat's squeaky toy that there was an issue with bodies. Apparently someone at AE wanted to paint them in silver dust and charge 9001 dollars per unit.
It was <9000 dollars, not >9000, and it was pewter dust. Again, anybody affiliated with that damn cat does nothing but spread lies like a honeywagon and poo.

378 06-15-2011 09:25 PM

It was <9000 dollars, not >9000, and it was pewter dust. Again, anybody affiliated with that damn cat does nothing but spread lies like a honeywagon and poo.
...The story was corroborated by the dog's chew toy. I swear to god, silver dust and Over 9000!

gPlayer234 06-15-2011 09:36 PM

I'll admit that I'd probably be pretty pissed like you, but when it comes down to it half the fun of RC stuff is wrenching. Usually when I break something I'm mad at first, but then I'm pumped once I realize a trip to the hobby shop is needed.

SyCo_VeNoM 06-15-2011 09:38 PM

...The story was corroborated by the dog's chew toy. I swear to god, silver dust and Over 9000!
WHAT?! NINE THOUSAND!

did your scouter say that?

ThunderbirdJunkie 06-15-2011 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

WHAT?! NINE THOUSAND!

Now you're just being silly.

Never Enough Toys 06-15-2011 11:58 PM

Just to let you know about this Animus 18sc TBJis correct with the LOSI and and it is exclusive for Hobbytown USA. As of earlier this week they told me(Frederick MD location)all partsare kept in stockhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif! I thought that was pretty cool.However I forgot to ask pricing on replacement partshttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../msn/72_72.gif.

Foxy 06-16-2011 12:02 AM

OVER 9000!??

Ok, that's enough of that. ;)

378 06-16-2011 12:58 AM

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

WHAT?! NINE THOUSAND!

[&:]

bill_delong 06-16-2011 03:12 AM

ORIGINAL: stoya789

wow, you could get like 3 of those for the price of one mini revo. it looks OK i guess, i've never heard of that brand (animus) before.it seems like you definitely did a good review of it, with videos too. i wonder how hard it is to find spare parts...

Gil Losi Jr (If you don't recognize the name, WELCOME TO THE HOBBY! This must be your first day!) worked on that truck.

It's actually pretty stout.

ThunderbirdJunkie still hates 1/18 scale stuff, but it is what it is.
Surprisingly, this truck actually handles like it's 1/10 scale, they did the suspension right! It uses standard 45mm drive shafts (used for 1/10 buggies) and handles like no other 1/18 I've driven before. I'm not saying to go out and buy one, but you should definitely ask to borrow one from a friend who owns one and see for yourself how it handles on the track. I was able to easily keep up with the traffic pattern even running against 1/8 truggies where they were sporadically lapping me.

The Mad Modder 06-16-2011 03:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Chucksolo69

Here is my stable of cars. No worse for the wear. I rubbed out a lot of the scratches and touched up the bad ones. Hardly noticeable now.<a href=''http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/l546/Chucksolo69/?action=view&current=006.jpg''>

http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/l546/Chucksolo69/?action=view¤t=006.jpg</a>

Must not have been too horrible if you were able to polish it out. In the story it sounded like they were obliterated.

Argess 06-16-2011 04:59 AM

Well Chuck, I don't think this thread went quite the way you thought it might when you made the original post. Seeing how the majority place this mostly on your shoulders, I have to say that I don't. Sure, one would expect damage in the hands of the in-experienced, but purposeful reckless driving, no remorse, etc., shouldn't be expected.

I wonder if any of these young men would have behaved so badly if it was only one of them with you trying out RCs. Silly mob mentality may have taken over.

I do let youngsters (and I mean much younger than the fellows you had trouble with) drive my old OFNA LX around a large field. I don't worry if they break something, although I hope they don't. Never a problem so far. But this type of thing usually occurs because their parents are thinking of making a purchase and asked me if they could visit and allow their child to try driving.

One evening I was alone at a deserted parking lot practicing with my RS3 Touring car (my son keeps beating me badly with his NTC3), when a couple of teenagers happened to come along. They watched me for a while, and when I had to refuel, started asking a lot of questions. But never did they ask if they could try it. I actually felt guilty not offering, but the car is fast and I knew the end result despite how careful they might turn out to be.

And I've had other experiences like that with adults. No-one ever asked to drive, just questions on the vehicle.

I guess it all depends on the individual. I try to give people the benifit of the doubt if there's no obvious signs of attitude problems. I'll make mistakes doing that, but so far so good. I really think you had every right to expect more from this crowd, especially at their age level. Maybe if their parents expected more from them over the years, they might have shown a more mature approach. But even the best of parents can have problem children, so there's no guarentee there.

For the people putting the blame on Chuck, I think you're wrong. When things get out of hand, getting things back under control can happen, but often is too late. As much as I detest admitting this, there are far too many people in this world who simply refuse to accept responisbility for their actions and always seem to twist things around to place the blame on someone else. And I don't mean Chuck's actions....

The real lesson should be the fact that these fellows won't be allowed to participate in any more RCing, unless they buy their own stuff. But no doubt they don't care and will only try to con another unsuspecting hobbiest into trying to do a good thing.

I still believe that the bad actions of a few can raise a lot of attention, but generally people behave well, but who writes in and starts a post on that?

Mysterious 06-16-2011 06:38 AM

The moment they started with the silliness you shoulda walked over, grabbed the Tx, and told them to cool it & drive w/ care or they didn't get to drive at all... I feel for ya, sorry they wrecked your stuff, you shoulda kicked the guys in the nuts ... I woulda beat the S out of em and demanded the fork over $ to fix what they broke

Chucksolo69 06-16-2011 06:41 AM

What you can't see is the two drive shafts I had to replace on the MERV and the Mini Slash. The dent in the fender of the Rally and the horrendus skid mark on top of the Mustang which I had to repaint so it wouldn't show plus other small dents and scuff you can't see in the picture; the body on the mini slash was cracked in the back past the body clips. That was on the original body. The body you see in the photo is my "show" body, not the "run" body. Until last weekend, these cars were pristine, with only very minor scuffs. Like I said, I know how to drive these things and rarely roll or crash them.  Thanks for the support Argess, I actually thought these guys had more sense, especially my nephew.

stoya789 06-16-2011 07:03 AM

how did you repaint the scuff when the body is painted from the inside? did you just paint on the outside of the lexan/polycarbonate?

Chucksolo69 06-16-2011 07:38 AM

Yes, I repainted the top left with some white paint. The asphalt left a big black scratch about 3 inches long which wold not come off with alcohol so I just repainted it on top, not from underneath.

ThunderbirdJunkie 06-16-2011 08:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Chucksolo69

What you can't see is the two drive shafts I had to replace on the MERV and the Mini Slash. The dent in the fender of the Rally and the horrendus skid mark on top of the Mustang which I had to repaint so it wouldn't show plus other small dents and scuff you can't see in the picture; the body on the mini slash was cracked in the back past the body clips. That was on the original body. The body you see in the photo is my ''show'' body, not the ''run'' body. Until last weekend, these cars were pristine, with only very minor scuffs. Like I said, I know how to drive these things and rarely roll or crash them. Thanks for the support Argess, I actually thought these guys had more sense, especially my nephew.
It's a TOY CAR, dude, scratches are par for the course.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...T/SS851926.jpg

stoya789 06-16-2011 09:31 AM

lol mudflaps... r u kidding me?