RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   are you kidding (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/10902377-you-kidding.html)

thef@st1 01-10-2012 04:00 PM

are you kidding

have read some posts lately and people talk about spelling and grammar. this is a rc site right? lay off grammar police. if you cant understand what someone is trying to say just move on. kids use abbreviations now cause of texting. deal with it. lets talk bout rc stuff. had to get that off my chest.

chris

SyCo_VeNoM 01-10-2012 04:58 PM

RE: are you kidding

ORIGINAL: thef@st1

have read some posts lately and people talk about spelling and grammar. this is a rc site right? lay off grammar police. if you cant understand what someone is trying to say just move on. kids use abbreviations now cause of texting. deal with it. lets talk bout rc stuff. had to get that off my chest.

chris
Well I used to visit another forum that would actually delete post that were done in txt lingo.
Reason being is similar to as you stated that this is a RC site for people to talk about RC's its kind of hard to have a conversation when you have people using all kinds of stupid abbreviations instead of taking time to type out a proper post using something that even remotely resembles the English language. Also remember not everyone is in with the text lingo I know I'm not seeing I honestly see no need in the world for texting to even exist. So if I post something, and someone replies in some gibberish I can not decipher how is that going to facilitate a conversation? In all honesty it would do the complete opposite it will fracture the community.

On those last few where they went off I'll be honest I didn't find any real issue with trying to understand it. The one was just lacking capital letters, and had a few typos(which ironically the people who got anal on correcting it had typos, and spacing issues themselves;)). Its the ones that might as well be posted in Swahili I have issues with.

Shabbernigdo 01-10-2012 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

chris
Well I used to visit another forum that would actually delete post that were done in txt lingo.
Reason being is similar to as you stated that this is a RC site for people to talk about RC's its kind of hard to have a conversation when you have people using all kinds of stupid abbreviations instead of taking time to type out a proper post using something that even remotely resembles the English language. Also remember not everyone is in with the text lingo I know I'm not seeing I honestly see no need in the world for texting to even exist. So if I post something, and someone replies in some gibberish I can not decipher how is that going to facilitate a conversation? In all honesty it would do the complete opposite it will fracture the community.

On those last few where they went off I'll be honest I didn't find any real issue with trying to understand it. The one was just lacking capital letters, and had a few typos(which ironically the people who got anal on correcting it had typos, and spacing issues themselves;)). Its the ones that might as well be posted in Swahili I have issues with.
i agree. people should at least try to make some sort of an effort to spell properly. ppl who tlk lyk ths irritate the hell out of me. it is really that hard to just add in the few extra letters to make the proper spelling?
If you are in such a hurry that you cant take the time to spell it right and have to short hand every thing then you should probably be focused on what your doing and not posting on a forum any way.

iamnot 01-10-2012 09:10 PM

could it be that
the grammer police
have some pride in
doing things right
and lament
those of sloppy ilk

FrostByte25 01-10-2012 10:30 PM

<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; ">Has anyone stopped to realize that RC is an abbreviation?!?!? Hell "www" is an abbreviation.<div>
<div>And btw (by the way) this bickering like kids is starting to be a real turn-off for me and these forums. In which I am frequentley reading because I'm a noob (that means a begginer for those out of the internet lingo loop) in the nitro radio control world. </div></div><div>
</div><div>FrostY</div><div>
</div><div>Ps... rather interesting paragraph I found..</div><div>
</div><div><span style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 19px; text-align: left; ">Arocdnicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe</span></div></div>

ThunderbirdJunkie 01-10-2012 10:49 PM

chris
Y r u so wrkt up ovr dis? If sum1 wnts 2 tlk lik der txtn der 14y/o gf an it gts on smbdys nrvz den its der rite 2 say smthn jst lik its ur rite 2 tlk lik an idiot. If u dnt hv a prblm w/dis den y r u so mad?

thef@st1 01-10-2012 11:08 PM

just saying if i see i thread that looks like it might be of interest and go in to look and the second post is bashing for spelling, you know thats gona be the main topic instead of the actual question that was asked. makes me not want to read on even though there could be some good info in the thread. if you cant understand the question just move on. simple.

Foxy 01-11-2012 02:16 AM

ORIGINAL: FrostByte25

<div style=''margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; ''>Has anyone stopped to realize that RC is an abbreviation?!?!? Hell ''www'' is an abbreviation.<div>
<div>And btw (by the way) this bickering like kids is starting to be a real turn-off for me and these forums. In which I am frequentley reading because I'm a noob (that means a begginer for those out of the internet lingo loop) in the nitro radio control world. </div></div><div>
</div><div>FrostY</div><div>
</div><div>Ps... rather interesting paragraph I found..</div><div>
</div><div><span style=''font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 19px; text-align: left; ''>Arocdnicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe</span></div></div>
RC and WWW are both acronyms.

The OP is right, there is too much grammar policing going on. Thread locked.