RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   HobbyKing ..... Garbage (Refund and Return related) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/11002989-hobbyking-garbage-refund-return-related.html)

xmod3563 03-16-2012 12:09 PM

HobbyKing ..... Garbage (Refund and Return related)

WOW!

To make a long story short, I just talked to the Lakewood Washington post office (ph#, 253-983-8266) near where HobbyKing's USA warehouse is located and the post office told me there are a ton of RETURNED HobbyKing packages just sitting there waiting to be picked up by the company.

My package has been sitting there for over 2 weeks (it arrived in Lakewood on Feb 29th).

DETAILS:

I am trying to get a refund on a Hobby King Trooper I ordered from their USA warehouse. I refused delivery of the package on Feb 15th and then on Feb 22th it was sent on its way back to Washington state where HK's USA warehouse is located.

That was over 1 month ago. After submitting multiple tickets about the issue on HobbyKing's website, they told me to talk to US Postal because the tracking info for the package says it hasn't been delivered to HobbyKing's USA warehouse yet.

-

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS on the part of HobbyKing just to let returned packages pile up at the post office and not even attempting to pick them up and issue refunds.

The_Shark 03-16-2012 08:09 PM

RE: HobbyKing ..... Garbage (Refund and Return related)

i just got a bum gyro from them, i think i just ate $11 [&o]

proanti1 03-17-2012 05:13 AM

Not saying you should do this... but a friend of mine ordered a plane engine from them, it came missing a few parts. He complained, they were very rude (not common for HK), and told him to mail it in. He mailed in an empty box. He kept emailing and eventually they refunded him. I don't think they ever check the returned packages.

phmaximus 03-18-2012 05:08 AM

lol, the people strike back lol

xmod3563 04-20-2012 06:07 AM

UPDATE, April 20 2012..... its now been 2 months since I returned my truck to HobbyKing's USA Warehouse (I refused delivery) and still they haven't even picked up the package.

US Postal re-attempted delivery at the beginning of April and left a notice at HobbyKing for them to pick up the package.

Ummmm..... 2 months and still no refund???? What....the.....F-??? HobbyKing.... you P.O.S. company!!!

Also, their 800 number doesn't even f-ing work (800-607-5803). When you call it, you get this gay recording that tells you to go online. This company is such BS.

Foxy 04-20-2012 06:12 AM

I thought it was common knowledge that Hobbyking feels that their prices are low enough that you buy at your own risk.

That's certainly the terms under which I deal with them, armed with the knowledge that if I get a dud (even a $50 battery), I'm not going to see a penny back.

Lower your expectations to avoid disappointment.

I'm not supporting them or saying its right, just that its the reality.

xxturbowesxx 04-21-2012 05:41 AM

Try to deal with hobbypartz for cheap stuff if possible(like batts).

Its no secret customer service is non existent but your experience makes me want to never buy an other thing from them. Try opening like 20 support tickets until they finally help you or just keep sending empty boxes to them(I like that one)

yakfish 04-21-2012 08:32 AM

In this hobby and everything esle you do get what you pay for. Their products are great and work perfectly fine 98% of the time. In the case of hobbyking and hobbypartz for that other 2% your are sacrificing service instead of quality. I really have never had an issue with either of them myself and I will conitinue to order from them and just risk getting something that is junk once in a great while. I will just accept the fact that their service in nonexistant.

The Mad Modder 04-21-2012 09:05 AM

ORIGINAL: yakfish

In this hobby and everything esle you do get what you pay for. Their products are great and work perfectly fine 98% of the time. In the case of hobbyking and hobbypartz for that other 2% your are sacrificing service instead of quality. I really have never had an issue with either of them myself and I will conitinue to order from them and just risk getting something that is junk once in a great while. I will just accept the fact that their service in nonexistant.
Exactly, that's why I don't mind paying a bit more and supporting a place that actually deserves my business. When a company has as poor customer service as hobby king, that tells me that they don't care about their customers; they just want your money and what happens after that, they couldn't care less. With that kind of attitude, why should I give them my hard earned money?

Max_Power 04-21-2012 10:25 AM

Can you just dispute the charge with your Credit Card company , let them know what you let us know and let HobbyKing have to deal with it? Or did you pay with another method or something? I guess I'm not sure how it works if you fund Paypal through a CC? Todd

The Mad Modder 04-21-2012 01:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Max_Power

Can you just dispute the charge with your Credit Card company , let them know what you let us know and let HobbyKing have to deal with it? Or did you pay with another method or something? I guess I'm not sure how it works if you fund Paypal through a CC? Todd
If he paid HK with paypal then he'd have to talk with paypal. I'm not sure if paypal would refund him or not as the problem is over a return, not a sale. It's possible.

Max_Power 04-21-2012 01:44 PM

It seems like the CC company could dispute the charge to paypal if paypal refused to act? I'm sure there is a few pages of reading through the PP terms of use to figure this out though. Hobbyking sets the price, I don't see where they state that you can assume its at your own risk. I DO know their customer service sucks and its one of those places where it seems like they employ people to do nothing but read a script and kill your time hoping you will get tired of trying. I guess its like anything though. I have lots of retailers I'm dissapointed in, but in the end I will buy from whoever I can get it the cheapest/most convenient from. Its hard to justify spending more to try to "hurt" someone by not giving them your business. This might depend on the reason the item was refused in the first place and if HK had been contacted previous about the issue, which I don't see posted. I think for the OP the next move would be a Paypal/CC company dispute if anything. They will almost definitely reverse it until they investigate...He just has to decide how much paperwork/time its worth to keep it from being re-reversed. Best of luck to him. Maybe this is why they don't take credit cards directly? Sorry...rambling....

SyCo_VeNoM 04-21-2012 02:26 PM

Also have to remember the OP refused the package. It might have been smoother if he accepted it, and asked for a RMA #

As for their customer service no clue as Foxy said I treat the stuff I order there as buy at own risk. I've gotten a crap power supply for $13 once that blew out in 6 minutes, I read the reviews and decided to take the chance, and it backfired. They are one of the few places that will keep up negative reviews I find for their own products. But hell in what I saved on lipos alone it more than made up for it.

savagecommander 04-23-2012 05:31 AM

why did you refuse it in the first place?

The_Shark 04-23-2012 06:44 AM

I would contact paypal, they are very good about getting your money back, they usually take the seller's thumb and bend it backwards until they do what you want- usually with penalties, fines, and locking the account.

tell them you refused to accept a package, give them the tracking number, and tell them there is a DOA/damaged package refund policy.

any company run by china usually has ZERO respect and RARELY take returns without expecting you to pay a restocking fee and return shipping. this is why hobbyking and other China companies are always my last option, and i never pay more than $40 for something. EVEN IF its a American warehouse, thats exactly all it is, a warehouse, they are not in control of much, its just a place where they pack and ship.

heck, i bought a commercial cotton candy machine from a American warehouse, but its Chinese owned, i get it and its dented, scratched, rusted missing parts and vibrates like crazy, i tell them i want a refund they told me to replace the belt, i did and it didn't work, they said that they can take it back charge me 20% restocking on top of loosing on the total $80 from them shipping it free and pay return shipping (which is $80), I asked if i can exchange and they said they had none even though they had 6 in stock, i contacted paypal, and they gave in right away, full refund and no shipping to me, i tell them shipping is $70 they told me to keep it:D

snir2001 05-05-2012 01:31 PM

I don't know about the <span style="font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255); ">American warehous because I can't order from the US (I live in Slovakia...)
But my experience with the HK's customer support was actualy very good.
I contact via the online support (had to stay awake because of the different time zonehttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...unge_smile.gif) and got to speek with them live.
After that they just send me an e-mail with all the details how to return a package (to hongkong) and I got my money after 21 days from shipping.
<br type="_moz" /></span>

9five9 05-06-2012 01:46 PM

The big hanging question is why did you refuse the delivery in the first place?

cenracer1 05-07-2012 10:33 AM

I was thinking the same thing.. your first mistake was refusing the package.. HK will act like its a lost parcel and not their problem.. That would explain all the packages at the post office. I've returned items to HK and other than a longer wait for credit than I would have liked, it wasn't really an issue at all.. Try returning something to Integy.. you will learn the meaning of hiding behind the internet and total frustration...
While I don't want to think that for the price we are paying for some of these items that if they are defective its still worth it, sometimes its just not worth the time or trouble to send some items back. I have a couple of dead Lipo's that just aren't worth the trouble or expense compared to how many I have from them that work better than expected.

snir2001 05-08-2012 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: cenracer1

Try returning something to Integy.. you will learn the meaning of hiding behind the internet and total frustration...

Not only Integy....
Yes, sometime that's the problem when dealing with internet stores, but I thing that HK well support me, taking in mind how big they are...
Well worth the price. (But the price should not be the case here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif)

LaTuFu 05-08-2012 11:27 AM

Honestly, HK has no obligation to do anything in this matter.  They should collect their mail, yes, but they are not obligated to "find" a lost package.  They have no incentive to do so, they've already been paid.  If it was mailed COD, then I could see them wanting to know where the box was located.

The OP should either file a claim with PayPal, his credit card company, or let it go and chalk it up to a learning experience.  Never "refuse" a package if you have already paid for it.