RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   which brushless system for my nephew (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/11220341-brushless-system-my-nephew.html)

s7jstep1 09-06-2012 08:59 PM

which brushless system for my nephew

my nephew has a duratrax evader ext2 and he wants to upgrade to brushless. he is a pretty good driver and i think he can handle it. he saved up $60 and i found [link=http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-blcombo-60a-13r-3000kv.html]this one[/link] for him. anybody run this system? any opinions on it? i figured the 3000kv would be better for runtime and less broken parts. maybe the next one up for more speed. what do you guys think?

BKoz559 09-06-2012 11:04 PM

RE: which brushless system for my nephew

It looks reasonable to me. I would stick with 2S Lipo and not try 3S. He's going to have to get used to the increased power anyway and 3S will just be a handful to drive.

s7jstep1 09-07-2012 07:53 AM

yeah he is still on 6 cell nimh so that wont be a problem. if it turns out to be a good system i may pick one up for my own cars lol

s7jstep1 09-07-2012 08:29 AM

i ordered him the 3300kv system so maybe when he makes the upgrade to lipo, he can hang with my sc10 on 2s

BKoz559 09-07-2012 01:07 PM

I think that will be plenty. No doubt he's going to get a kick out of the increased speed.

s7jstep1 09-08-2012 08:54 AM

yeah. he is 13 and he has always been interested in my cars so he got one for christmas 2 years ago. he has upgraded the reciever to a flysky 2.4ghz. next upgrades for him will probably be better batteries and tires. i think he is bitten by the rc bug

SyCo_VeNoM 09-08-2012 09:36 AM

ORIGINAL: s7jstep1

yeah. he is 13 and he has always been interested in my cars so he got one for christmas 2 years ago. he has upgraded the reciever to a flysky 2.4ghz. next upgrades for him will probably be better batteries and tires. i think he is bitten by the rc bug
wish my nephew was
he has a pede, and a DF-02(that I got him) and honestly I dunno if he ever even ran the DF-02 as he is too consumed with playing COD on his Xbox. Hell when he was coming over here for the summer I told him every day to bring his RC's and every day he forgot.
Will say he does seem to have memory issues it seems as you can tell him to do something, and 10 mins later its still undone cause he got distracted, and forgot completely. Reason I don't think he is putting on is even in games if you tell him how to do things quite a bit he will forget what you told him to do after 10-15 mins. Personally I think he has ADD, but his parents don't want to admit it even though my brother is exactly the same way(he definitely has it).

chonyc77 09-09-2012 12:31 PM

That looks pretty good. I have never personally tried that motor but have been running Tacom motors from Hobbypartz on like 5 of my rc cars and have had zero problems so far. The Tacom brushless motors with the ez run esc IMO are great. They are comparable to the vxl system.

s7jstep1 09-24-2012 08:06 AM

I think I'll be picking one of these systems up for my goldpan rc10. I'm very impressed with it. It's not quite as quick as my stock sc10 bruchless but it could hang with it on the track. Plus it has the ability to run 3s if I want. He likes it too. Not too fast for him and on my 2s 5000mah lipos, it has very long runtime. I ran it about 5 minutes and then he ran about 20 the next day and the battery still had life in it