RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Does Batteries In Transmitter Affect Car Performance (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/11238480-does-batteries-transmitter-affect-car-performance.html)

tuff1 09-23-2012 06:16 PM

Does Batteries In Transmitter Affect Car Performance

Feel pretty stupid asking but yes i just asked .....
Does the batteries in the transmitter affect the performance of the car?
btw ...
once this is answered, shoot me and please delete this thread.
thanks guys.

SyCo_VeNoM 09-23-2012 06:19 PM

RE: Does Batteries In Transmitter Affect Car Performance

Quote:

ORIGINAL: tuff1

Feel pretty stupid asking but yes i just asked .....
Does the batteries in the transmitter affect the performance of the car?
btw ...
once this is answered, shoot me and please delete this thread.
thanks guys.

unless they are dead NO
only thing they will affect is range.

tuff1 09-23-2012 06:38 PM

thank you SyCo_VeNoM ...
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ies/worthy.gif

Anthoop 09-24-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

once this is answered, shoot me

Bang.

tuff1 09-24-2012 11:28 AM

http://serve.mysmiley.net/sick/sick0002.gif
LOL!
<br type="_moz"/>

phmaximus 10-09-2012 10:47 PM

dont feel bad u should see some of the questions posted on yahoo

tuff1 10-10-2012 03:00 AM

yeah but i thought i'd get banned for that one.
LOL!!!
http://www.thefreshzone.com/images/smilies/sSa_jail.gif<br type="_moz"/>

Anthoop 10-10-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

yeah but i thought i'd get banned for that one.
LOL!!!
[img][/img]<br type=''_moz''/>
Gonna take two bullets eh?...Bang. :D

Eman77 10-10-2012 09:08 AM

He ducked.

phmaximus 10-10-2012 02:36 PM

might need a homing missile for this one :)

JohnP2 10-10-2012 04:52 PM

His question is not all that ridiculous.

Yes. The batteries in your transmitter (and receiver) CAN affect how your car behaves. Remember, batteries don't just "die" (i.e. shut-off). Instead, they die a slow, death. Some odd things can happen during this time. Once, my car started opening up the carb everytime I turned left. Other than that, it worked fine. However, everytime I turned left...the the car took off.

I changed the batteries in both my tx and rx....and it fixed the problem.

So no....the type of batteries in your tx will not improve the vehicle, but having fully charged batteries is significantly important!.

narwalrus 10-10-2012 05:02 PM

In 2.4 you will start to see random signal loss. It can certainly affect performance. I've even had it not be able to reach max speed because of low tx batteries..

phmaximus 10-10-2012 05:41 PM

I can see ur point guys but I dont think the OP was refering to problems caused by flat batteries

Its very obvious that flat batteries cause problems, Im very sure he is well aware of that.
But in saying that, with my 2.4ghz controllers my cars run fine even with the battery light flshing, only problem ive had is it stops working when ded flat, & i suspect the range was effected

JohnP2 I would bet that the problems that u were having were caused by the Receiver batteries not the transmitter batteries.
Strange things happen when there is a problem with the reveiver power sorce, on of my brushless cars with a externail BEC, it looses power to the BEC before the low voltage kicks in and restarts the reciver, the ESC just sucks all the power.

SyCo_VeNoM 10-10-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

I can see ur point guys but I dont think the OP was refering to problems caused by flat batteries

Its very obvious that flat batteries cause problems, Im very sure he is well aware of that.
But in saying that, with my 2.4ghz controllers my cars run fine even with the battery light flshing, only problem ive had is it stops working when ded flat, & i suspect the range was effected

JohnP2 I would bet that the problems that u were having were caused by the Receiver batteries not the transmitter batteries.
Strange things happen when there is a problem with the reveiver power sorce, on of my brushless cars with a externail BEC, it looses power to the BEC before the low voltage kicks in and restarts the reciver, the ESC just sucks all the power.
agree

specially with the part for johns issue as low RX batts especially with some of these uber power hungry servos will cause the receiver to reboot due to temporary loss of power. Think how servos twitch when powering up that is what happens.

My one radio starts beeping once it hits 9.4volts, and at 9 volts will turn itself off. outside that up till it shuts itself off I have 100% control of the car, and don't notice any range impact (of course my radio reportedly has a range of over half a mile from tests I read done on it, and I only can see the RC till 1/8th of a mile). But this is very radio dependent.

sparky 25 10-10-2012 11:39 PM

When the battery light on one of my 2.4 radios start flashing it sends the esc pulsing,

So when I try to accelerate, the truck will do so in stages in tune with the radio flashing sequence,

Also it looses the ability to reverse,

So yea low power transmitter batteries CAN affect how an rc performs.

phmaximus 10-11-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: sparky 25

Spot on, but no one is saying otherwise?

It seems when the controller goes flat, there is no random "things" going on, And powers down, pulses, etc nothing strange happens. but when u have a flat receiver battery very random things happen

tuff1 10-11-2012 03:04 AM

interesting turn-a-round ...
who knows maybe they'll let me out of the dungeon after all.
: )

sparky 25 10-11-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

It seems when the controller goes flat, there is no random ''things'' going on, And powers down, pulses, etc nothing strange happens. but when u have a flat receiver battery very random things happen
You are saying other wise,
Just saying that low battery transmitter power can cause issues,
they do not have to flat to cause issues.

Anthoop 10-11-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

interesting turn-a-round ...
who knows maybe they'll let me out of the dungeon after all.
: )

Maybe..............just as well I have bad aim. :)

SyCo_VeNoM 10-11-2012 10:16 AM

Fine guess I should have said almost dead in my 1st reply.
But till that point no it shouldn't affect performance, but this is radio dependent it seems

JohnP2 10-11-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Probably....that's why I changed out both just to be sure. Moral of the story....keep fresh batteries in both. ;-) I typically change them at the same time.

One odd thing I have with my Hyper 7 tx....there is a little play between the batteries and the plate that slides over the batteries. Thus every now and then it loses signals and Ihave to tap the bottom of the tx to regain my signal. I need to fabricate something that will hold the batteries in tighter.

<u>Question</u>:
Which component consumes more battery power? The transmitter or the receiver?

Thanks!

SyCo_VeNoM 10-11-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

Quote:

Probably....that's why I changed out both just to be sure. Moral of the story....keep fresh batteries in both. ;-) I typically change them at the same time.

One odd thing I have with my Hyper 7 tx....there is a little play between the batteries and the plate that slides over the batteries. Thus every now and then it loses signals and I have to tap the bottom of the tx to regain my signal. I need to fabricate something that will hold the batteries in tighter.

<u>Question</u>:

Thanks!
transmitter easily

as for the play with the batteries why not just fold a sheet of paper in half 1-3 times to remove the play? prolly the easiest, and cheapest thing you could fabricate to fix that ;)

phmaximus 10-11-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It seems when the controller goes flat, there is no random ''things'' going on, And powers down, pulses, etc nothing strange happens. but when u have a flat receiver battery very random things happen
You are saying other wise,
Just saying that low battery transmitter power can cause issues,
they do not have to flat to cause issues.
When did I say otherwise??? ;)

phmaximus 10-11-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

Quote:

One odd thing I have with my Hyper 7 tx....there is a little play between the batteries and the plate that slides over the batteries. Thus every now and then it loses signals and I have to tap the bottom of the tx to regain my signal. I need to fabricate something that will hold the batteries in tighter.

<u>Question</u>:

Thanks!
transmitter easily

as for the play with the batteries why not just fold a sheet of paper in half 1-3 times to remove the play? prolly the easiest, and cheapest thing you could fabricate to fix that ;)
I agree,

Transmitter for sure, biggest power consumers apparat from the power train is the servos

JohnP2 10-12-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Yep. Pretty much what I was thinking. Definitely something low-tech.I wrap my receiver batteies around terry-cloth in their housing to prevent them fromsliding around.