RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Glow plug (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/11248810-glow-plug.html)

yoyo5 10-02-2012 02:48 PM

Glow plug

Hey guys I just got my savage in the mail and when I tried the glow plug it didn't glow red and I tried the spare one and that dising work either so I got a new c battery and tried it again and it still won't go. Could the igniter be messed up? Because I see no reason why it wouldn't work

SyCo_VeNoM 10-02-2012 03:30 PM

RE: Glow plug

I would vote the warmer seeing the chances of 2 new glow plugs being bad should be slim.

yoyo5 10-02-2012 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

I would vote the warmer seeing the chances of 2 new glow plugs being bad should be slim.
yeah that's what I was thinking. Is there any alternative to using the the warmer
<br type="_moz" />

JohnP2 10-02-2012 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If by "warmer" are you referring to the glow-plug ignitor? Assuming so, I agree it is highly unlikely two new glow plugs would be bad. Have you verified you have the battery in the correct way in this ignitor? It should go as the attached picture (this is the exact same ignitor, battery as you have). Forgive me if that seems novice....just a thought of what it could be. Does it glow ANY color at all?

And no - there is no alternative to heating your glow-plug that I am aware of. If you have a hobby shop near you, take the ignitor and plugs in there and have them check it out. While you are there...buy yourself a rechargable ignitor (I've had much better luck with those)

Thanks

yoyo5 10-02-2012 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

If by "warmer" are you referring to the glow-plug ignitor? Assuming so, I agree it is highly unlikely two new glow plugs would be bad. Have you verified you have the battery in the correct way in this ignitor? It should go as the attached picture (this is the exact same ignitor, battery as you have). Forgive me if that seems novice....just a thought of what it could be. Does it glow ANY color at all?

And no - there is no alternative to heating your glow-plug that I am aware of. If you have a hobby shop near you, take the ignitor and plugs in there and have them check it out. While you are there...buy yourself a rechargable ignitor (I've had much better luck with those)

Thanks
/face palm thank you so much John you saved me 30$ and I was looking at your videos and you I lot of great stuff on there and couldn't find some of that stuff so keep up the good work
<br type="_moz" />

SyCo_VeNoM 10-02-2012 07:41 PM

ORIGINAL: JohnP2

If by ''warmer'' are you referring to the glow-plug ignitor? Assuming so, I agree it is highly unlikely two new glow plugs would be bad. Have you verified you have the battery in the correct way in this ignitor? It should go as the attached picture (this is the exact same ignitor, battery as you have). Forgive me if that seems novice....just a thought of what it could be. Does it glow ANY color at all?

Thanks
well the plane guys use warmer, and seeing they poked their heads in so many threads it kinda rubbed off. Well that and warmer don't cause my spell check to spazz like ignnitor does

JohnP2 10-03-2012 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: yoyo5
/face palm thank you so much John you saved me 30$ and I was looking at your videos and you I lot of great stuff on there and couldn't find some of that stuff so keep up the good work
Good deal. Glad I could help. I will have some Savage vids once I break it in (hopefully this weekend).

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM
well the plane guys use warmer, and seeing they poked their heads in so many threads it kinda rubbed off. Well that and warmer don't cause my spell check to spazz like ignnitor does
Cool. I learned a new term. I know a plane guy so will be sure to work that into a conversation simply to show off. ;-)
</p>