RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Traxxas Critics opinion please (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/11277525-traxxas-critics-opinion-please.html)

Ttowntoolman 11-03-2012 08:18 AM

RE: Traxxas Critics opinion please

:D Funny stuff Killer.....

The Mad Modder 11-03-2012 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

This video is a little old but I think it's appropriate for this thread. Enjoy.

For someone who doesn't like this thread, you sure enjoy dredging it up.

phmaximus 11-03-2012 12:47 PM

classis, pitty it ddent have a lipo in it lol

turok007 11-03-2012 05:56 PM

even the fan boy's are getting ripped apart on the traxxas forum. lol but as for that blender i think a bigger one will be needed to fit all the traxxas models into it.

phmaximus 11-03-2012 09:35 PM

How come no one had a big cry about the Lamborghini Aventador suspension just like they do with the revo's suspension?

"its too complicated"
"should have coilovers"

wah wah wah

Haddi Taha 11-03-2012 11:13 PM

1:35 on the ken block video, u will see the rear suspension arm is broken as the rear wheel is moving around as he picks it up and puts it in the blender

<br type="_moz" />

9five9 11-04-2012 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

1:35 on the ken block video, u will see the rear suspension arm is broken as the rear wheel is moving around as he picks it up and puts it in the blender

<br type=''_moz'' />

That shows just how worthless they are man!

TheKennyKiller 11-04-2012 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: The Mad Modder

This video is a little old but I think it's appropriate for this thread. Enjoy.

For someone who doesn't like this thread, you sure enjoy dredging it up.
When did I say I didn't like it? I said it was good for a laugh and some people were being a bit ignorant but I don't think I said I didn't like it.

TheKennyKiller 11-04-2012 07:13 PM

<br type=''_moz'' />
It might have broken during testing seeing as the video was made before they were released or maybe they took the springs out to make it easier to fit into the blender.

Haddi Taha 11-04-2012 07:59 PM

<br type=''_moz'' />
It might have broken during testing seeing as the video was made before they were released or maybe they took the springs out to make it easier to fit into the blender.
Maybe thats actually only the body shell and wheels held together by some cheap metal rods so they don't crush the real rc.

9five9 11-04-2012 08:11 PM

<br type=''_moz'' />
Maybe thats actually only the body shell and wheels held together by some cheap metal rods so they don't crush the real rc.

I'm pretty sure they're not concerned about the real rc. Have you seen some of the stuff they blend on there? They just did an iphone 5 and a samsung galaxy SIII at the same time.

phmaximus 11-05-2012 12:13 AM

Guys come on... U can clearly see the Chassis going into the blender

After rewatching it, I think they did do something to the front end to get it to fit...

How tuff are the traxxas cars tho, if fell of that drop and nothing broke, just the battery fell out

I got my wife one of those kenblock cars at tax time...

hehehe I want one of those blenders...

Haddi Taha 11-05-2012 03:10 PM

mmmmm. traxxas thick shakes

marco_Polo 11-05-2012 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: suburban_hooligan

they rank lower than toilet paper in my book. but if they want my respect there's a few things they can do.<div></div><div>drop the rustler and bandit. come out with a new, up to date, out of the box club race worthy but still basher friendly platform. and then offer a kit version.</div><div></div><div>drop the nitro sport and nitro rustler. make 1 new nitro stadium truck. and maybe make a nitro short course version. offer a kit version.

drop the slash and come out with a slash 2 based on the new buggy/stadium truck. and offer a kit.</div><div></div><div>drop the slash 4x4 and make a slash 4x4 2 with low CG chassis. needs to be club racer material out of the box and still basher friendly. offer a kit version.</div><div></div><div>drop the 4tec, nitro 4tec and new rally car. come out with a new 1/10 scale TC that's good for parking lot racing and club racing. then make a rally car out of that. offer a kit version.</div><div></div><div>drop the 2wd stampede. focus on the stampede 4x4. offer a kit version.</div><div></div><div>drop the maxx trucks. they've sucked royal sense day 1 and still do. worst monster truck on the market.</div><div></div><div>drop the current revo. come out with a revo 2 that has standard suspension. off a kit version.</div><div></div><div>stop rebadging the same chassis over and over and over.</div><div>
make a competition level 1/8 buggy and truggy (that's actually something i hear people say they want all the damn time) then make a slayer 2 off of it. offer a kit version.</div><div></div><div>drop the summit, it's a stupid truck. come out with a normal solid axle crawler/trail truck. offer a kit version.</div><div></div><div>drop the xo-1 and make an xo-2 in standard 1/8 scale. and leave the stupid telemetry out of it.</div><div></div><div>stop buying exclusivity sponsorship contracts and let other manufactures sponsor and advertise in 1:1 racing.</div><div></div><div>stop flat out lying in there marketing.</div><div></div><div>stop with the super fast speed BS. a stadium truck or monster truck doesn't need to go 60. it's just stupid. if the owner wants his truck to go that fast he can modify it himself.</div><div></div><div>stop with the stupid gimmicks (telemetry, etc.)</div><div></div><div>ditch the stupid telescoping driveshafts in favor of a stronger, less wear prone standard universal shafts or CVD's.</div><div></div><div>ditch the grey plastic. ether go black or go white so i can dye it whatever color i want.</div><div></div><div>stop letting the guy with the price gun smoke crack on the job. the current e-revo is about $250 overpriced. the rustler is about $100 overpriced.</div><div></div><div>put a little precision in there vehicles. sloppy fitment is for toy grade and cheap knockoff's.</div><div></div><div>stop breeding idiot big mouthed fanboys.</div><div></div>
you a piece of ****. traxxas make the BEST Quality BEST designed vehicle. your must be stupid. you thing Traxxas should diScontinue Nitro 4Tec?? are youkidding me?? really stupids. its their best car. It won RC Car action best car how many yyears in a row? thats is what i thought. Traxxas #1

Haddi Taha 11-05-2012 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: marco_Polo

they rank lower than toilet paper in my book. but if they want my respect there's a few things they can do.<div></div><div>drop the rustler and bandit. come out with a new, up to date, out of the box club race worthy but still basher friendly platform. and then offer a kit version.</div><div></div><div>drop the nitro sport and nitro rustler. make 1 new nitro stadium truck. and maybe make a nitro short course version. offer a kit version.

drop the slash and come out with a slash 2 based on the new buggy/stadium truck. and offer a kit.</div><div></div><div>drop the slash 4x4 and make a slash 4x4 2 with low CG chassis. needs to be club racer material out of the box and still basher friendly. offer a kit version.</div><div></div><div>drop the 4tec, nitro 4tec and new rally car. come out with a new 1/10 scale TC that's good for parking lot racing and club racing. then make a rally car out of that. offer a kit version.</div><div></div><div>drop the 2wd stampede. focus on the stampede 4x4. offer a kit version.</div><div></div><div>drop the maxx trucks. they've sucked royal sense day 1 and still do. worst monster truck on the market.</div><div></div><div>drop the current revo. come out with a revo 2 that has standard suspension. off a kit version.</div><div></div><div>stop rebadging the same chassis over and over and over.</div><div>
make a competition level 1/8 buggy and truggy (that's actually something i hear people say they want all the damn time) then make a slayer 2 off of it. offer a kit version.</div><div></div><div>drop the summit, it's a stupid truck. come out with a normal solid axle crawler/trail truck. offer a kit version.</div><div></div><div>drop the xo-1 and make an xo-2 in standard 1/8 scale. and leave the stupid telemetry out of it.</div><div></div><div>stop buying exclusivity sponsorship contracts and let other manufactures sponsor and advertise in 1:1 racing.</div><div></div><div>stop flat out lying in there marketing.</div><div></div><div>stop with the super fast speed BS. a stadium truck or monster truck doesn't need to go 60. it's just stupid. if the owner wants his truck to go that fast he can modify it himself.</div><div></div><div>stop with the stupid gimmicks (telemetry, etc.)</div><div></div><div>ditch the stupid telescoping driveshafts in favor of a stronger, less wear prone standard universal shafts or CVD's.</div><div></div><div>ditch the grey plastic. ether go black or go white so i can dye it whatever color i want.</div><div></div><div>stop letting the guy with the price gun smoke crack on the job. the current e-revo is about $250 overpriced. the rustler is about $100 overpriced.</div><div></div><div>put a little precision in there vehicles. sloppy fitment is for toy grade and cheap knockoff's.</div><div></div><div>stop breeding idiot big mouthed fanboys.</div><div></div>
you a piece of ****. traxxas make the BEST Quality BEST designed vehicle. your must be stupid. you thing Traxxas should diScontinue Nitro 4Tec?? are youkidding me?? really stupids. its their best car. It won RC Car action best car how many yyears in a row? thats is what i thought. Traxxas #1

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, some guy with 2 posts comes in to tell us that traxxas is the best vehicle ever cause it won almost every rc car action award.

Yet another idiot big mouthed fanboy
<br type="_moz" />

On2_n_On4 11-05-2012 07:06 PM

wow lol must be one of the mods from the traxxas forum :D

phmaximus 11-05-2012 08:11 PM

I kind of agree with him :D

phmaximus 11-05-2012 08:16 PM

I sware this thread, and most of the content is in breach of the rules of the forum.... Wonder why its allowed?

SyCo_VeNoM 11-05-2012 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

I sware this thread, and most of the content is in breach of the rules of the forum.... Wonder why its allowed?
ehhh most of its in the grey area
its not manufacturer bashing so much as people wishing they would make some changes, and ridiculing the choices they continually make.
For example suburban_hooligan's post is just a wish list. If it was manufacturer bashing it would be closer to something like TRAXXAS SUXORZ (but in extremely large font in some color that would hurt your eyes)

As for marco_Polo he did break the rules within 30mins of his very 1st post by attacking suburban_hooligan for his ideas... and he also was a perfect stereotypical example of blind traxxas, and RCCA loyalty that so many people love to make fun of.

phmaximus 11-05-2012 08:55 PM

they rank lower than toilet paper in my book. but if they want my respect there's a few things they can do.
Man u must stink if u dont like toilet paper
drop the rustler and bandit. come out with a new, up to date, out of the box club race worthy but still basher friendly platform. and then offer a kit version.
There are loads of peole happy with there rustler, Can u prove its not race worthy?
drop the nitro sport and nitro rustler. make 1 new nitro stadium truck. and maybe make a nitro short course version. offer a kit version.
LMAO u really think thats a smart idea, based on what?
drop the slash and come out with a slash 2 based on the new buggy/stadium truck. and offer a kit.
thats the stupidest think ive ever heard, one if the selling points of the slash it its high COG... go read the first few posts of the traxxas thread
drop the slash 4x4 and make a slash 4x4 2 with low CG chassis. needs to be club racer material out of the box and still basher friendly. offer a kit version.
Who cares about club racing???is that ur only poin with most of there vehicles? what % of owners do u think race?
drop the 4tec, nitro 4tec and new rally car. come out with a new 1/10 scale TC that's good for parking lot racing and club racing. then make a rally car out of that. offer a kit version.
The 4tec is build for car parks???? its obviously not a race car... whats wrong with the rally car, have u owned one?
drop the 2wd stampede. focus on the stampede 4x4. offer a kit version.
Why, what are u basing this on? There are more happy stampede owners than not
drop the maxx trucks. they've sucked royal sense day 1 and still do. worst monster truck on the market.
If u think thats THE worst truck on the market, well that just goes to show ur knowlege
drop the current revo. come out with a revo 2 that has standard suspension. off a kit version.
How come u dont have big cry about the Lamborghini Aventador suspension? just like a revo's suspension?, welcome to change buddy
stop rebadging the same chassis over and over and over.
????? I thought they were badaged as Traxxas... heven for bit they share parts like every other manifacture out there
make a competition level 1/8 buggy and truggy (that's actually something i hear people say they want all the damn time) then make a slayer 2 off of it. offer a kit version.
yeah thats what we need another 1/8 buggy???? U dont think thee are a enough ATM?
drop the summit, it's a stupid truck. come out with a normal solid axle crawler/trail truck. offer a kit version.
lol im not even goint to bother with this one... Some people
drop the xo-1 and make an xo-2 in standard 1/8 scale. and leave the stupid telemetry out of it.
that makes as much sence as the line above
stop buying exclusivity sponsorship contracts and let other manufactures sponsor and advertise in 1:1 racing.
From a marketing point of view wouldent that be a very stupid idea
stop flat out lying in there marketing.
can u prove that? every claim ive seen there is a video to prove it, try youtube one day... it might school u
stop with the super fast speed BS. a stadium truck or monster truck doesn't need to go 60. it's just stupid. if the owner wants his truck to go that fast he can modify it himself.
Just last week there was a guy that brought the rustler based on its higher speed... whats wrong with that??
stop with the stupid gimmicks (telemetry, etc.)
Now u are talking out u ass, Im using telemerty its awesome... far from been a gimmick. is it to advanced for u? do u even know its full features?
ditch the stupid telescoping driveshafts in favor of a stronger, less wear prone standard universal shafts or CVD's.
bahahahaha the shafts can esly take 0.74hp & they last heapse londer than dogbone... I can easly prove that one. and they have less backlash
ditch the grey plastic. ether go black or go white so i can dye it whatever color i want.
they use to be black, and the grey plastic is stronger. do u seriously dye u chassis lol
stop letting the guy with the price gun smoke crack on the job. the current e-revo is about $250 overpriced. the rustler is about $100 overpriced.
ok so we are ment to take ur word on this
put a little precision in there vehicles. sloppy fitment is for toy grade and cheap knockoff's.
what has a sloppy fitment???
stop breeding idiot big mouthed fanboys.
what about the haters that dont have any experance with traxxas at all, but they still think they no better, for example do u think u really know better, do u have any experance in marketing and manifacturing rc cars???

The red is my oppinion on his post... I belive 90% of it to be untrue, and I can prove most of his points wrong with actial facts

phmaximus 11-05-2012 08:59 PM

im not a traxxas fanboy. I will admit im a losi fanboy. but i can say im a fan of the TQi radio, i love high tech things.
I will defent traxxas against people that base there oppinions of other peoples statments. if they have first hand experance i will back down.

how much power do i have to put through the slider shafts to get people to drop it?

why cant people back there statments up with facts??

SyCo_VeNoM 11-05-2012 09:07 PM

Well those were his opinions. I never said his opinions were right, but they were a list of what he would like to see changed(and the maxx's are pretty bad durability wise out of the box, don't think I've many owners that deny it)

as for the sliders I think its more instantaneous stress put on them. gradual reving it up isn't as bad as say landing from a jump with throttle on, or hitting a bump at full speed and popping just enough into the air and landing with full throttle. Your test is valid in some sense, but invalid in others as it doesn't replicate real running stress. Lets face it everyone's experience's and driving styles are different, and its impossible to replicate that in a controlled environment. Trust me I've snapped some weird parts on RC's, and I've twisted steel dogbones into pretzels before. Hell I've even had 2 of the same exact RC setup the same, and driven in the same fashion have completely different drive chain issues(never could figure that out). So while your results might support your statement, they at the same time don't invalidate, or disprove what issues other people have had at the same time.

phmaximus 11-05-2012 10:45 PM

dammm you, you are 100% right, *pokes toung out

Its just like real cars everyones experance is different.

mind u I do wonder if some people have boken shafts because they havent set the slipper correctly, and makes me think if the shaft dident brake, what would of?

ive got the traxxas upgrade metal yokes im my slash and its been going strong for over a year, i can prove i had the slash that long but u will have to take my word that they are the same shafs.... pitty the externail BEC died, otherwise i could do a durability test on 4s!!!! ohh just thinking about it i can feel the heat lol

turok007 11-06-2012 05:53 AM

that fanboy did nothing to big up the traxxas name.

The Hedgehog 11-06-2012 06:22 AM

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

"RCU, promoting Traxxas hate since 2008"