RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Traxxas Critics opinion please (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/11277525-traxxas-critics-opinion-please.html)

Haddi Taha 11-11-2012 09:42 PM

RE: Traxxas Critics opinion please

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Hey that's a good point, things have changed so much over the last 20 years, and its only the last 7 years that brushless combos have been affordable,
and u right it's just a Rc car.... Boys toy

Hey we can't talk, I mean how pathetic is this thread when u think about, yeah let's go online, onto a RC car forum and talk about our feelings about a particular manufacture, Jesus, we may as well be in a sewing circle

I would rather be putting my time into helping people than defending my comments
yes except for traxxas's 2wd line up those are virtually unchanged outside chassis colors, and metal gears :D
Lol, hey maby traxxas should call them a vintage re release like Tamiya do.

Hey I've got a question, if u build a slash from the proline chassis, gearbox, shocks, pro track suspension kit, and bell crank.
What would it be? Only thing traxxas would be the sliders and bumpers

Maybe RPM should start making clones of traxxas vehicles
<br type="_moz" />

SyCo_VeNoM 11-12-2012 01:22 PM

Hey that's a good point, things have changed so much over the last 20 years, and its only the last 7 years that brushless combos have been affordable,
and u right it's just a Rc car.... Boys toy

Hey we can't talk, I mean how pathetic is this thread when u think about, yeah let's go online, onto a RC car forum and talk about our feelings about a particular manufacture, Jesus, we may as well be in a sewing circle

I would rather be putting my time into helping people than defending my comments
yes except for traxxas's 2wd line up those are virtually unchanged outside chassis colors, and metal gears :D
Lol, hey maby traxxas should call them a vintage re release like Tamiya do.

Hey I've got a question, if u build a slash from the proline chassis, gearbox, shocks, pro track suspension kit, and bell crank.

Good question I've seen some people do similar. Dunno how they call it traxxas still though.
Why not just use the techno driveshafts, and RPM bumper sets too to finish it off though ;)

BTW to be vintage wouldn't they have to actually stop making them for a while?
Now if they resold the old bodies that might be interesting as I liked the look of the shape of one of the old boxy rustler bodies for ST's

phmaximus 11-12-2012 02:12 PM

Thats the thing, traxxas will never stop selling them while they are so popular with beginers

steed2-inactive 11-12-2012 03:22 PM

Having to buy an apple product to get a vehicle to perform as printed on the box...that...end of story.

phmaximus 11-12-2012 03:35 PM

lmao, what????

are refering to the X-01, if u dont have a apple product thats your problem
So what exactly does it say on the box?

whats wrose traxxas haters or apple haters?

FahrtAutoRC 11-12-2012 03:52 PM

A ProLine Slash with weak drive shafts and bumpers, of course :p
<br type="_moz" />

steed2-inactive 11-12-2012 03:58 PM

lmao, what????

The xo-1, is a 1/7 scale vehicle offered by traxxas that is capable of 100 mph. It is marketed as being a 100 mph out of the box onroad car. Upon further searching you will come across (in fine print of course) that it actually is capable of a speed lower than the nitro 4tec unless coupled with an iPod or iPhone and downloading an app, and probably a laundry list of legal documents. Only then would the useless vehicle achieve said 100 mph, before exploding off a curb. Do a bit of research. Also I personally don't care how much you like or hate apple pal, relax. It's the principle. Over your head apparently.

TheKennyKiller 11-12-2012 04:56 PM

Worth noting that the apple thing is only a one off. It is kinda annoying but once you "unlock" the car you no longer need the iProduct, and it is probably a good thing that something like that is in place to make sure people understand that they are about to drive an RC that reaches 100mph.

steed2-inactive 11-12-2012 05:09 PM

No amount of warning will change the outcome of this that car in less than capable hands. iPhone iPod whatever. Having to read through twenty pages of warning are remembered about as fast as they hit the "I accept"button. Lol it's a way for traxxas to introduce their telemtry.

phmaximus 11-12-2012 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: steed2

lmao, what????

The xo-1, is a 1/7 scale vehicle offered by traxxas that is capable of 100 mph. It is marketed as being a 100 mph out of the box onroad car. Upon further searching you will come across (in fine print of course) that it actually is capable of a speed lower than the nitro 4tec unless coupled with an iPod or iPhone and downloading an app, and probably a laundry list of legal documents. Only then would the useless vehicle achieve said 100 mph, before exploding off a curb. Do a bit of research. Also I personally don't care how much you like or hate apple pal, relax. It's the principle. Over your head apparently.
What is wrong with you, are u generally this much of a (add word here) to people?

Are u serious everyone knows it needs tobe unlocked, man it says it everywhere. how could u not know.
got any ideas why they did this???? its a easy one
Exploding off a curb??? what???? are u making this up?
when u spend 1k on a car u dont drive it like a tool, most people are very carefull untill they get the hand of it.

Do a bit of research??? on what? i Know more about the TQ, telemetry and its capabilities than u will even know

steed2-inactive 11-12-2012 08:05 PM

Wow I guess I hit a nerve. Lol. In all honesty, if you go back and read the title this is about what people dislike about traxxas. I simply posted that I do not like the iPhone iPod idea and you basically took a shot at me saying what's worse (worse not wrose by the way) traxxas or apple haters. Never once did i say i dislike apple. So yes, your going to get a little smack talk back. What's wrong can dish it out but can't take it. Stop acting like your 17. Or better yet go start a flame war elsewhere, this thread isn't about traxxas fanboys. Let's keep it civil please for everyone else.

phmaximus 11-12-2012 08:11 PM

yeah nar i had a dummy spit, but i eddited my post straight away

steed2-inactive 11-12-2012 08:24 PM

Anyways I'm not here to make enemies. Carry on.

phmaximus 11-12-2012 08:25 PM

I will continue to defend any good points that are my oppinion, I think this thread is BS.
how long would a thread last thats titles "moderator critics opinion please"

Fair enough if u have had experience, but if u havent had any experience how can u be a critic? well u cant. (notsaying u, just people in general)

Allso u guys maby dont know the meaning of been a critic, it can be good or bad. But u must have first hand experience.
So u could say the Fanboys with experience are the real critics.

Can u show me in the tital where it says that this is about what people dislike about traxxas??? i think u are confused

phmaximus 11-12-2012 09:40 PM

Ok guys I'm doing a complete backflip.

I think traxxas need to re do the rustler platform, I never thought much of my old one.
And after having a good look over my slash 2wd yep the sliders are nearly stuffed, the hole where the uni joints fit into is completely worn out, more like a oval shape now, I just assumed that they were fine because they still worked.
Why can't some one make some Kevlar ones

TheKennyKiller 11-12-2012 10:06 PM

It's pretty obvious this thread is here to stay. As long as the so called critics don't mind their ideas and assumptions being called into to question I have no problem with it, the idea of being able to hide behind the title of the thread is laughable.

Haddi Taha 11-13-2012 01:14 AM

I think traxxas need to re do the rustler platform, I never thought much of my old one.
And after having a good look over my slash 2wd yep the sliders are nearly stuffed, the hole where the uni joints fit into is completely worn out, more like a oval shape now, I just assumed that they were fine because they still worked.
That sucks, were you using upgrade or plastic ones? I think Kevlar will be too expensive, does it have the right properties?

<br type="_moz" />

phmaximus 11-13-2012 01:40 AM

Yeah m8, stock shafts but with the traxxas upgrade metal diff joints, the main wear is on the holes on the plastic sliders, if only they had steel inserts.

Losi played around with Kevlar spur gears on the xxx nitro series... And it dident really effect the cost of the gear, wonder why it's not more mainstream?

Or failing that it would be cool to see some traxxas style slider shafts made out of carbon fiber with hardened steel at each end to support the uni joints pins

The Hedgehog 11-13-2012 05:44 AM

I will continue to defend any good points that are my oppinion, I think this thread is BS.
how long would a thread last thats titles ''moderator critics opinion please''

Should last about 3 weeks or so, there's no more moderation on this forum save 1 individual. I report a spam post and it takes at least 3 weeks for a mod to remove it.

steed2-inactive 11-13-2012 06:59 AM

I have to say though, the telemetry with the ipod is really nice, I am definately tempted to get one, and the readouts are beautiful. Problem is the sensors are all on backorder for my emaxx.

SyCo_VeNoM 11-13-2012 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: The Hedgehog

Should last about 3 weeks or so, there's no more moderation on this forum save 1 individual. I report a spam post and it takes at least 3 weeks for a mod to remove it.
reports don't work that way from what I remember
If I remember it right foxy said when somethings reported it gets sent to a random moderator, but the issue is I think a few are on hiatus for some time, and still have moderator accounts. So if it gets sent to the inactive moderator no one sees the report.
Most the things that get closed I think are from foxy 1st hand seeing it not the reports as he is one of the few really active mods

The Mad Modder 11-13-2012 07:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

That sucks, were you using upgrade or plastic ones? I think Kevlar will be too expensive, does it have the right properties?

<br type=''_moz'' />
Fiber reinforced plastic would probably be a better option. Would be cheaper to make, but still be very strong.

TheKennyKiller 11-13-2012 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: The Hedgehog

reports don't work that way from what I remember
If I remember it right foxy said when somethings reported it gets sent to a random moderator, but the issue is I think a few are on hiatus for some time, and still have moderator accounts. So if it gets sent to the inactive moderator no one sees the report.
Most the things that get closed I think are from foxy 1st hand seeing it not the reports as he is one of the few really active mods
They must have fixed something because from what I have seen lately, it only takes a day or so for them to get rid of stuff that is not wanted on this site.

The Mad Modder 11-13-2012 02:00 PM

IDK how it works, last couple of reports I've made have been addressed by RCKen.

TheKennyKiller 11-14-2012 11:24 PM

I'm really getting annoyed with the little plastic clips that hold the pivot balls in place in my mini E-Revo, they keep popping out making it nearly impossible to drive, if I were to buy more plastic clips it would just happen again in no time. Traxxas makes some metal rings to use instead of the plastic clips but they cost nearly $20, why couldn't they just include them with the kit?