RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Mamba monster issue (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/11296613-mamba-monster-issue.html)

steed2-inactive 11-13-2012 06:22 PM

Mamba monster issue

Hey guys, ok here goes. I have two mamba monster systems. One is in a savage flux hp, the other in an emaxx brushless edition. The emaxx is geared to have the same rollout gearing as the flux so the trucks are basically geared identically. Both truck are only run on 6s. Here's my problem.
The emaxx has way less punch, top speed and kills batteries twice as fast. I have the castle link and while the emaxx has a later software as the blur only has one software available, the trucks are setup identical. Also the emaxx has a jump when your getting on the gas moderately, it starts to go and has a jump and then continues accelerating linearly.
Thoughts?
The difference in power between the two is a huge amount. ...I'm lost?

yakfish 11-13-2012 07:01 PM

RE: Mamba monster issue

check your drive train something is probably binding. try removing the pinion and see if the truck rolls freely.

steed2-inactive 11-13-2012 07:45 PM

Yes truck rolls freely.

Haddi Taha 11-13-2012 09:21 PM

bigger tires make the motor and esc work harder if that helps

yakfish 11-13-2012 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: steed2

Yes truck rolls freely.
try swaping the motors from one truc to another. You might have bearings that need replaced in the motor that is currently in the Emaxx. If you swap that motor into the Savage you will know you have an issue with the motor. if you put the motor that is currently in the savage into the Emaxx and have the same problem you will know that you don't have a problem with the motor and since the truck rolls freely that leaves just the ESC as the weak link.

or maybe the settings on the RX/TX are different between the two trucks?

On a side note: I would expect the Emaxx to be slightly quicker (due to weight) even if the rollout is exactly the same. IIRC the Savage should be a bit heavier than the Emaxx.

TheKennyKiller 11-13-2012 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: steed2

Hey guys, ok here goes. I have two mamba monster systems. One is in a savage flux hp, the other in an emaxx brushless edition. The emaxx is geared to have the same rollout gearing as the flux so the trucks are basically geared identically. Both truck are only run on 6s. Here's my problem.
The emaxx has way less punch, top speed and kills batteries twice as fast. I have the castle link and while the emaxx has a later software as the blur only has one software available, the trucks are setup identical. Also the emaxx has a jump when your getting on the gas moderately, it starts to go and has a jump and then continues accelerating linearly.
Thoughts?
The difference in power between the two is a huge amount. ...I'm lost?
I've heard of this problem happening with the latest software, I've also heard that using an earlier version solves the problem but I'm not sure which version.

steed2-inactive 11-14-2012 03:47 AM

I am going to try the savage flux motor in the emaxx as the emaxx motor won't fit in the flux. Thanks for the replies and I will definitely try an earlier software Kenny and let you know.