RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   RC Pet Peeves (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/11361141-rc-pet-peeves.html)

SyCo_VeNoM 01-08-2013 03:08 PM

RE: RC Pet Peeves

ORIGINAL: turok007

i hate it when someone says they have finished there (project). it took me 6 months. i put some monster stickers on the shell & fitted alloy arms. then they say it took 6 months as they were saving up. lol
LOL sooooo true so true, and then they bump the post 5 times a day till someone says it looks awesome :D

nitrosportsandrunner 01-08-2013 03:33 PM

people who refer to themselves in the third person.....

except for thunderbirdjunkie, he's cool enough to get away with it:)

Haddi Taha 01-08-2013 04:26 PM

wow this thread grew overnight

I hate having to pay $7 for 10 friggin screws

1QwkSport2.5r 01-08-2013 04:29 PM

A few of my RC pet peeves...

- The retail cost of Glow plugs
- When kids ask to drive my cars that have no experience whatsoever
- Re-Gluing RTR tires/wheels
- Forgetting to charge Rx packs

TheKennyKiller 01-08-2013 04:44 PM

Haters.

Elitist jerks.

People who have no sense of humor.

Punctuation Natzis.

People who have a "mine is better than yours" mentality.

Running over dog crap in the park.

Body clips and how often I lose them.

Forgetting that one tool you need to fix a minor issue and having to call it quits early because of it.

Anyone who rips off a fellow hobbyist.

The general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars.

Getting on the forums after dealing with the general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars only to find out that the general RC community doesn't show you much respect if you run an E-Revo. #can't win

Not having any friends who enjoy the hobby as much as I do.

Haddi Taha 01-08-2013 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

When some kids annoying me when I'm driving, I feel like aligning a ramp with their heads and jumping my mt4 off it onto their heads with a stamp on the bumper saying "NO" just to get it through their head (literally)

Before anyone says that I used to be like that when I was a kid and didn't know about the dangers regarding rc cars and all that bs, I wasn't like that when I was a kid I didn't do stuff like that<br type="_moz" />

Haddi Taha 01-08-2013 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: TheKennyKiller

Haters.

Elitist jerks.

Punctuation Natzis.

People who have a "mine is better than yours" mentality.

Forgetting that one tool you need to fix a minor issue and having to call it quits early because of it.

The general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars.

Getting on the forums after dealing with the general populations feelings towards a fully grown man with a beard that likes to play with toy cars only to find out that the general RC community doesn't show you much respect if you run an E-Revo. #can't win

I have nothing against people who run an e-revo, its just that I won't buy one
<br type="_moz" />

Dayaks 01-08-2013 05:37 PM

When people judge what you spend your money on. I've seen it on the forums and from family. In laws spend money on smokes and gambling, but it's terrible if the son and law spends 2% of his income on deadly toys. ;)

Haddi Taha 01-08-2013 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Dayaks

When people judge what you spend your money on. I've seen it on the forums and from family. In laws spend money on smokes and gambling, but it's terrible if the son and law spends 2% of his income on deadly toys. ;)
Its cause they are unhappy with what they spend there money on so they try picking on someone who is doing something good for themselves and there family. Don't let it get to you

<br type="_moz" />

1QwkSport2.5r 01-08-2013 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

When some kids annoying me when I'm driving, I feel like aligning a ramp with their heads and jumping my mt4 off it onto their heads with a stamp on the bumper saying ''NO'' just to get it through their head (literally)

Before anyone says that I used to be like that when I was a kid and didn't know about the dangers regarding rc cars and all that bs, I wasn't like that when I was a kid I didn't do stuff like that<br type=''_moz'' />
I don't mind entertaining the neighborhood kids, but I won't let anyone drive. Thankfully, I don't get the "PLEASE!?! I'll be careful"..... Yeah, just then it's WOT into a soccer goal post and goodbye car. No thanks.

Another pet peeve: running my 45mph+ airboat at the local pond only to have some pipsqueak kids tossing logs into the pond. Hitting a log at 45mph is no good; when my hotrod engine gets here, it will go 60mph. I think hitting a log at 60 will total my boat.. Maybe I will have to drive the boat up on shore and chase the kids around next time they try being lumberjerks.

Argess 01-08-2013 07:12 PM

Here's a pet peeve I have that's about me. The odd time, I try to restart my engine and forget to attach the glow-driver. Usually happens when someone is watching too!

t-max97 01-08-2013 07:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Argess

Here's a pet peeve I have that's about me. The odd time, I try to restart my engine and forget to attach the glow-driver. Usually happens when someone is watching too!
Haha I did that the other day.

TheKennyKiller 01-08-2013 08:34 PM

Haters.

Elitist jerks.

Punctuation Natzis.

People who have a ''mine is better than yours'' mentality.

<br type=''_moz'' />
Not aimed at anyone or any one forum site in particular, there are plenty of nice folks around, but some aren't so nice as well. You're definitely on the nice list Haddi.

Haddi Taha 01-08-2013 08:38 PM

Haters.

Elitist jerks.

Punctuation Natzis.

<br type="" />
Not aimed at anyone or any one forum site in particular, there are plenty of nice folks around, but some aren't so nice as well. You're definitely on the nice list Haddi.
thats nice to here :)
<br type="_moz" />

TheKennyKiller 01-08-2013 08:38 PM

People who start build threads and don't add any pictures. In fact I see a lot of threads that could benefit from a few pics, in saying that I can't stand blurry or out of focus shots, there's no excuse for it this day in age, it's not like we are still using film and you're stuck with whatever pics you took at the time.

phmaximus 01-08-2013 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

My BIGGEST pet peeve...

When noobs don't listen to someone who has been running for 6+ years. Example- I told my noob father in-law to not run 6s in his Flux HP. He didn't listen. It now sits with two stripped hubs and a gear broke in the diff.

My biggest pet peeve is when a noob with only 6 years experience ignores the advice of someone with 30 years of racing experience :D
Ahhhhhh but...... :D
How manny years experance with modern Rc cars, lipos, brushless combos, programming ESC with computers, crown and pinion style diff carriers, progressive rate springs, symmetrical shaft driven chassis, slipper clutches, etc

phmaximus 01-08-2013 08:43 PM

Haters.

Elitist jerks.

Punctuation Natzis.

Lol aaahahahahaha that's got to be the winner. I know that all to well, nothing worse than a car that stinks like.....

Limitless Aero 01-08-2013 10:21 PM

When some kid at the flying field keeps insisting he should be allowed to fly your 50cc plane with 0 experience ever.

Haddi Taha 01-09-2013 04:38 AM

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

MyBIGGESTpet peeve...

When noobs don't listen to someone who has been running for 6+ years. Example- I told my noob father in-law to not run 6s in his Flux HP. He didn't listen. It now sits with two stripped hubs and a gear broke in the diff.

My biggest pet peeve is when a noob with only 6 years experience ignores the advice of someone with 30 years of racing experience :D
You could learn quite alot in 6 years......
<br type="_moz" />

cumminspower5.9 01-09-2013 05:02 AM

I got thinking...here is another one of my biggest et peeves...

When you break a single part, and the one small part is only available in a $15 parts tree. That always sucks cause then you have miscellaneous parts just laying around till god knows when. But someday, you might need the other parts lol. Just like tools. you can acquire so many parts and think you will never need them, but the one day you go looking for it, it's there lol

Haddi Taha 01-09-2013 05:24 AM

When you break a single part, and the one small part is only available in a $15 parts tree. That always sucks cause then you have miscellaneous parts just laying around till god knows when. But someday, you might need the other parts lol. Just like tools. you can acquire so many parts and think you will never need them, but the one day you go looking for it, it's there lol
]

I sold all my cars except for my thunder tiger mt4 g3, I plan to get 2 more nice rc cars but until then I have to be careful and not break anything, luckily the mt4 is super durable.

Instead of buying hundreds of dollars of spare you might not use, better to buy another car to use when the other one isn't working (if you can afford it)

<br type="_moz" />

The Hedgehog 01-09-2013 05:48 AM

Haters.

Elitist jerks.

Punctuation Natzis.

'
Ya know I think we are pretty alike ha ha. Agree on all points.

erik valdez 01-09-2013 07:24 AM

A motor is a machine that converts other forms of energy into mechanical energy and so imparts motion.

An engine is a motor that converts thermal energy to mechanical work.

So an engine is a specific type of motor. That's why it's not incorrect to speak of a motorboat, or a motorcar, or a motor speedway, even if the boat or car is clearly powered by combustion.

Note that if there's no combustion, there's no engine. Purely electric cars don't have engines.

As nouns, motor can also refer to a nonspecific agent that causes motion: "happiness is the aim of all men and the motor of all action", and engine can refer to something used to achieve a purpose: "an engine of change", a railway locomotive, or a machine used in warfare: "medieval engines of war".

But Ill have to check with my search engine.

Biggest pet peeve= People with money who think they can purchase what took you heatache and pain to achieve.

FNG RIDER 01-09-2013 09:06 AM

racing peeves: </p>

Hacked out in first practice and not being able to continue.</p>

Hacked during the race by the the same driver, over and over again and being told hacking is racing.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

SyCo_VeNoM 01-09-2013 10:03 AM

that is called the HPI recon, but add in the parts that come with it don't correlate very well to what else probably broke(or will break).