RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Novak Havoc esc not powering on. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/11598655-novak-havoc-esc-not-powering.html)

Minkis815 05-06-2014 06:07 AM

Novak Havoc esc not powering on.

I'm not sure if I should just trash it or send it out to be repaired. I ran it in my spec pan car. One cell lipo. So it's not like I over powered it an fried anything. It just quit. I ran a 13.5 spec motor, so I don't know why it would just quit. I mean, it's not a very expensive ESC, so is it even worth repairing? I have an old GTB in the car now and it works great. But I need another ESC for my Losi 22. And the havoc would work just fine. Normally I'd just buy another ESC from Novak, but if I can save $100-$200 I would like too.

Minkis815 05-06-2014 06:42 AM

So I hit the throttle and the blue and green light flash.
Steering servo works, everything is powered like it should. Brake applied and the red light comes on. But no response to motor.

Maj_Overdrive 05-06-2014 06:47 AM

Sounds like the control side of the esc is fine but the motor power side is fried. Last I checked Novaks site had the repair fees online, if not give them a call and see of it's worth it.

Minkis815 05-06-2014 03:41 PM

I emailed novak, and Charlie from tech support said it could be a motor or the ESC. But before I do anything crazy he said to put new deans plugs on it. Test it, try a different motor. Then email him back. He said most of the time it's just a bad connector. I'll try it tomorrow. I got another motor I can wire up.

Ttowntoolman 05-07-2014 09:47 AM

I have a Havok esc sitting around. When I put anything besides a 20c burst rate 7.4 lipo in it and try to power it up it blinks and does nothing. If I put my old 20c venom lipo in it she works perfect. Probably doesn't help you much I realize, but if you have an old 20c lipo sittin around try it. I cannot figure out why this happens, but if I hook any other 7.4 lipo up it does not power up. This has been a real head scratcher for me. Does not matter what motor I hook up to it 8.5/13.5/17.5 all are the same.

Minkis815 05-07-2014 02:57 PM

I ran this esc on a one cell lipo for years. 5000mah 50c 3.7v. Worked fine. Put it in my mod truck and ran it for like a solid year and it also worked fine. Just pulled it back out to put in my new Losi 22. And nothing. Brakes work. Just no throttle.

Ttowntoolman 05-08-2014 03:45 AM

Mine does nothing at all, just blinks when you first turn on the power switch. Sounds like a completely different situation....... Did you check the sensor wires? I have had one of the wires in the sensor bundle break on me and it was game over until I replaced it. I don't recall if the brakes still worked though......

Minkis815 05-08-2014 11:21 AM

I tried two different motors, both known good motors. New connectors different batteries. It's fried. It's getting sent out to novak for repair.