RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   rc car circuit schematic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/4413522-rc-car-circuit-schematic.html)

makourain 06-21-2006 12:27 AM

rc car circuit schematic

i have been searching the internet for a week to find a circuit schematic for a rc car.
i dont want anything fancy, the most basic of basic wiring diagrams will do.
it just needs to control 2 motors and have a range of maybe 30metres.
i cant find a circuit schematic for any sort of rc car, complex or simple, so any help would be great thanks.

rcxboy 06-21-2006 02:31 AM

RE: rc car circuit schematic

Um, do you want to make a reciever/esc circuit? I wouldnt bother. It'll probably be illegal (radio device doesnt comply with standards). If you want to make a homebuilt RC car, get some decent radio gear. People have made their own ESCs though.

makourain 06-23-2006 07:15 PM

i just a really basic remote control car shcematic, transmitter and receiver to run 2 motors. no lights nothing, anyone know where i can find any kind of schematic?

DaveG55 06-23-2006 09:13 PM

What exactly are you asking for? How to wire a prebuilt reciever into a car or are you looking for the schematics for the transmitter and reciever themselves?
If you're trying to wire up a car with two motors it's not that dificult and is really pretty much plug and play. Wire the motor controlers (servos or esc's) in parallel and plug into channel #2 and plug the steering into channel #1 and plug the battery pack into either the rx if you're using servos or the esc's if you're using those and you're pretty much done.
If you're looking for the rx & tx schematics then......why? You can get an inexpensive 2 channel radio system that meets goverenment requirments for very little money off e-bay. Heck Tower has a complete system, brand new for $50. You'll be hard pressed to buy all the parts for that amount. Much less designing and building the actual components.

makourain 06-27-2006 01:28 AM

why? because its more fun to build my own of course, and i can fiddle with the components to make them more heavy duty.
ie; a 20$ rc car can run on 6volts but will have low speed and be small, i want to make a really basic one but run on a bit more power and be fast ;)

DaveG55 06-27-2006 06:58 AM

Well, you stil did not say what exactly you are looking for. I gather that you're looking at an electric vehicle. If that's correct then you're looking at 3 seperate but interrelated systems. The first system is the control system - the transmitter & the reciever. This will need to be a minimum of 2 channels - one for steering and one for throttle. The second system is going to be the drive system - the motor and some means to control it's speed (either an electronic speed control or a manual resestance type control). And third, a steering system which will mostly consist of a servo and finally a power source for each section.
If you're looking for tx/rx diagrams try here:
http://jap.hu/electronic/rf.html
It took all of about 5 minutes to find. Just google "radio control schematics" and it pops right up.
You should be able to google esc's and servos too.
Good luck

makourain 06-30-2006 07:12 PM

what am i wanting to do? i want to make a remote control car! what is so hard to understand about that?!

zaphod42 07-01-2006 12:32 AM

I think we are just questioning how deep you want to go with the do it yourself thing. It will be far cheaper in the end to buy an already built transmitter/receiver, ESC, and servo and build the car around them than to set out on your own to build them all from scratch. Building the mechanicals yourself (or combining parts from various manufacturers on your own custom made frame) is a reasonable if time consuming goal that can be done with just a large dose of imagination and determination and reasonable set of everyday tools.

Trying to do the electronics yourself (especially if you don't have a background in it) is a far more daunting and expensive task. The ESC is the easiest of the pieces to build yourself although finding a schematic for a good solid design may be tough (the manufacturers who are in the business work hard to stay ahead of their counterparts so there aren't a lot of successful designs out in the public domain). You will have to have PCB layout, mechanical packaging, and surface mount assembly skill that are beyond an amatuer level but they can be done if you are truly determined and willing to back up multiple attempts if necessary with your checkbook.

The transmitter and receiver are probably best bought just because the design of the circuits and the layout of them require special skills in RF design that even the majority of electrical engineers don't practice enough to be truly good at them. The servo is also best bought just because the parts fit necessary to make one run smoothly requires precision machining that will cost far more than buying even the best ones out there and the magnetics winding for what is in effect a half turn torque motor is also an art form unto itself.

I don't mean to discourage you - if you want to do it and are willing to face the time and expense then by all means go ahead. In all likelihood it will cost far more than buying a good hobby grade car but that isn't always the point, is it? You can always ask for advice here on things you get stuck on and at some point there will probably be things that are either beyond your skills or just too cost prohibitive to do for yourself but by all means give it a try - it'll be a learning experience at the least. Best of luck and enjoy!

makourain 07-01-2006 06:25 PM

yes the pcb/wiring schematic thing, thats what i want.
the motors and mechanics and everything i have already.