RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   new hellfire, pull start question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/4928713-new-hellfire-pull-start-question.html)

nosfedgta 10-29-2006 10:45 AM

new hellfire, pull start question

I just bought my first gas rc car. I have always had electric and decided to try out a gas car... Well its ben frustrtating for sure. I had tunning issues, starting issues etc. I finaly got it running good and idleing decent and then my pull start breaks!!!! I bought this truck oct 25th and it broke on the 28th! How is hpi on their warranty's? and if they wont cover it how much will one cost me?? I cant seem to find a price for just a pull start...

hellfirephase 10-29-2006 02:35 PM

RE: new hellfire, pull start question

my pullstarter broke to and i am getting a roto start. i think by getting a roto start you wont have to stress with the pull starter

bananetheman 10-30-2006 09:51 PM

I broke two pullstarts. They dont last so i've ordered a rotostart.

splcrazy 11-07-2006 02:18 AM

lol yeay pull start is a biatch like shredding the skin off your fingers and hurting your elbos but eventually you get used to it

rcsavager 11-07-2006 11:56 PM

Two things about pull starts.... Pull the line to the exhaust...blow down the tube til the gas reaches the carb.... reconnect the line... Pull twice, tops, and a well-tuned engine will fire every time. :D

cargo1 12-07-2006 08:04 PM

would you happen to have the carb settings. got a friends hellfire to get it running for him, but no book came with it. not use to 3 carb setting screws

rcsavager 12-08-2006 06:09 AM

http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/in...5manual/E6.jpg

rc hobbiest 12-30-2006 05:38 PM

my hellfire engine will not start any answers why?

Belgium1973 01-02-2007 12:40 PM

first of all....what are your settings

ORIGINAL: rc hobbiest

drborden 09-05-2008 07:57 PM

My pullstart broke the other day so I went out and bought a dynamite torque start but I need to know what to do about the pullstart on the engine? Right now the pullstart has been taken off to try to rebuild but found out the spring was broken. Can anyone here help me with my predicament?

savagecbass 10-02-2008 09:45 PM

a axial pullstart will work lot more reliable

SavageXdriver177 11-30-2008 01:39 AM

actually i prefer pullstart...the roto start wears the one-way bearing quicker then the pullstart and the pullstart usually breaks if you pull it out all the way u should only pull about 5-6 inches of the pullstart..if you pull it out all the way it will wear out the spring that retracts it.i learned the hard way.also the roto start requires a different one way bearing.;)

redcatracer 03-20-2009 05:20 AM

ORIGINAL: rc hobbiest

the factory settings on your fuel adustments are pretty simple. the low end the middle range screw adjustments should be flush with the face. once you have that i would screw your needle valve adjustment all the way in ( make sure you DON'T tighten it.) then unscrew it about one and a half turns out. make sure you get fuel up to the carb and make sure your glow plug works. it should start at this point and then you can richen it or lean it out from there.

redcatracer 03-20-2009 05:22 AM

ORIGINAL: cargo1

would you happen to have the carb settings. got a friends hellfire to get it running for him, but no book came with it. not use to 3 carb setting screws

the factory settings on your fuel adustments are pretty simple. the low end the middle range screw adjustments should be flush with the face. once you have that i would screw your needle valve adjustment all the way in ( make sure you DON'T tighten it.) then unscrew it about one and a half turns out. make sure you get fuel up to the carb and make sure your glow plug works. it should start at this point and then you can richen it or lean it out from there. the needle valve will be the only one you should need to adjust.