RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   ***OFFICIAL*** RXB-1 THREAD (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/7641660-%2A%2A%2Aofficial%2A%2A%2A-rxb-1-thread.html)

ehroof 06-20-2008 02:04 PM

***OFFICIAL*** RXB-1 THREAD

1 Attachment(s)
Post any questions, comments etc. about the RXB-1

firebird78 06-20-2008 07:54 PM

RE: ***OFFICIAL*** RXB-1 THREAD

1 Attachment(s)
ok folks...I got it..I been wanting this bad boy for a long time...and it was worth the wait...these buggy is sooo kewl...granted I havent ran it yet but night and day difference to my other 2 buggies....granted I still think my other 2 buggies are good buggies and I wont get rid of em...but this thing just looks so well built...First off hex head screws throughout...not one phillips screw on this buggy...and can you say GO ENGINE???..lol..Eddie really knows how to take care of me...if your in the market for a very well built buggy here it is...seperate compartment doors for reciever and battery pack...pbs front suspension..this baby even comes out of the box with a fuel filter..just a great buggy...

firebird78 06-22-2008 09:31 AM

one thing for sure with these GO engines...you want a good screwdriver...the adjustment screws are really stiff...once you get this thing tuned it should hold its tune...also as with anything else. Ive learned to set the adjustment needles before starting the break in process...in which I thought I did with this buggy but i must not have..didnt realize it until I tried starting it and it would not run..kid you not the low spd needle was at 1 3/4 turns from all in...

kuppler 06-22-2008 01:57 PM

WOW.. look how nice and Shiny/Clean that thing look... u babysitting that thing or What bro ??? show us WEST COASTERS how u roll....
Go Big Or Go Home
LOL... just busting ur hand balls.... LOL...
It look Sweet... cant wait to see some Video of that thing....

Adam

firebird78 06-22-2008 08:35 PM

almost all broke in...had a bit of trouble getting it to run saterday...I thought I checked the carb settings as I was going over it, but I guess I didnt...anyways I must be pretty close because on quick tug on the cord and she fires right up...lol..I can only imagine what this baby is gonna be like with a gallon or 2 through her..

firebird78 06-22-2008 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: kuppler

WOW.. look how nice and Shiny/Clean that thing look... u babysitting that thing or What bro ??? show us WEST COASTERS how u roll....
Go Big Or Go Home
LOL... just busting ur hand balls.... LOL...
It look Sweet... cant wait to see some Video of that thing....

Adam

I'm babysittin it...its almost to nice to get dirty....but beings that it is made to go on dirt I may just have to get it dirty....dont know when u will see a vid of it running...maybe someday...lol[sm=lol.gif] [>:]

rc rock 06-23-2008 06:19 AM

how many $$$ is the rxb-1 pro?

ehroof 06-23-2008 12:08 PM

around the same price as the rtr with no electronics or engine

rc rock 06-24-2008 12:21 AM

which is about 320 bucks right??

NAMRXB1 06-24-2008 01:46 AM

Hi all
Ran my RXB-1 First time this weekend
Performed amazing!!!!!!
All I did changed diff Fluid and Mounted a set of GRP Jollys.
All was Spot on!!
Great turn in ,exits turns like a Bullet.(Point and Shoot).
Only thing I don't Like is the Engine Mounting Holes in the Chassis bit Narrow and Screw heads stick out the Bottom.
Ditched the Go.21 5-Port for my trusted Nova Mega ZX21.
Will try for Photos got to get the wifes camera first!

firebird78 06-24-2008 05:56 PM

man if you wasnt in africa I'd hit you up to buy that engine..lol...I hear the are reaaaaally popular in europe....

rc rock 06-25-2008 12:36 PM

does the rxb-1 pro have captured hinge pins or does it have them pesky e-clips???
price????

ehroof 06-25-2008 02:16 PM

i sell them for $320, i honestly dont know about the hinge pins or e clips since i dont have one on hand right now. I will find out and let you know.

firebird78 06-25-2008 06:34 PM

the rtr has the clips..

rc rock 06-26-2008 01:32 AM

thanks ed, e-clips are a real nuisance when racing[:@]

ehroof 06-26-2008 06:35 AM

They just got back to me from HK, they said they are hing pins on the pro version.

{GBI}Harryball 06-26-2008 06:37 AM

I have no e-clips on mine.

rc rock 06-26-2008 09:19 AM

thx, what grade of alluminum is the chasis, the braces and the shock towers????

ehroof 06-26-2008 10:05 AM

6061 aluminum

rc rock 06-26-2008 12:31 PM

gbi, do tou race the rxb-1 pro??

6061 aluminum is really rare on competition kits but i guess it's just to keep the cost down. if a ''used'' car that i'm looking into gets sold before the 10th of july i think i may get the rxb-1 pro[8D] what upgrades are available????

ehroof 06-26-2008 12:43 PM

I dont have it on the site yet (himotoracingusa.com) but here is the list of parts from the himotoracing main website.

http://www.exportpro.biz/accessories...elect=RXB-1PRO

Redharris 06-26-2008 07:41 PM

Bird......

Ya gotta let us know how the RXB fares against the Canes......
I know you havent really had a chance to set it up yet, but I'm real curious to hear from someone I KNOW, who has some track experience....

Redharris 06-26-2008 07:48 PM

Bird......

Ya gotta let us know how the RXB fares against the Canes......
I know you havent really had a chance to set it up yet, but I'm real curious to hear from someone I KNOW, who has some track experience....

firebird78 06-26-2008 10:15 PM

my rxb-1 isnt totally broke in yet...I have yet to put it through what I put my other buggies through..I dont know about track experience but some say im kinda hard on em..lol...I'll diff let yall know my opinion...I plan to put it through the mill this weekend..hehehehe

NAMRXB1 06-28-2008 08:36 AM

Hi all
Second run on my RXB-1 all perfect no hick-ups yet.
Hi Firebird that Mega is a real reliable screamer.great all round driveability.Smooth power is what I like
The Go punches to much for the way I drive.
Well going out again tomorrow .12 July will be the RXB first race
one good tip upgrade the front tower mine got bent on the first roll.
I know races don't get won on the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!