RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Do you ever get bored of driving your rc car? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/8847488-do-you-ever-get-bored-driving-your-rc-car.html)

Paul103 06-12-2009 05:24 PM

Do you ever get bored of driving your rc car?

My friend got me into this hobby and im about to buy my first nitro car. The thing is, I don't want to spend $300+ on everything just to drive the car in a circle for 10 minutes and then throw it in the corner.
So do you ever get bored of driving and bashing your car?

macrous99 06-12-2009 05:28 PM

RE: Do you ever get bored of driving your rc car?

yes i do sometimes but thats part of the hobby. sometimes you got to have patience to fix up your car, and if your bored all the time then theres something wrong with you.

10minutes you say? is that too much or too little for you?i cant tell.
i usually get in 20 minutes every weekend or every other.

Spetz 06-12-2009 05:40 PM

I also get bored of driving. But to be honest what happens is I don't have the "mood" to go and drive it, however sometimes I just do anyway even if I don't feel like it and I still have a good time.

They really are good fun. However be prepared to be fixing things regularly, and also be prepared to have problems which will give you headaches to figure out.
If you like real cars, you should like RC cars too ;)

locksmack 06-12-2009 06:25 PM

Only when I am driving alone.

Your friend is getting you into RC, so I gather you will have someone to drive/race with. This will make it 100x more fun.

DrDremel 06-12-2009 06:26 PM

Thats why I race.... Bashing alone can get old quick, racing is always fun to me tho.

Steve. 06-12-2009 07:01 PM

I admit sometimes I get bored when running in a parking lot but my son and I lose track of time when we're tearing it up off road. If I had to choose only one car it would be a truggy, nothing boring about 1/8 scale off road.

samguan 06-12-2009 07:04 PM

The reason that most people get bored is that they are playing alone..  I was like that when I started my hobby.

Once you have many people driving around a track, you will never be bored.

Elderchild 06-12-2009 08:58 PM

No. I love driving my truggie. My buddies and I take out my boat a lot during fishing season. I always bring my Losi 8ight-t 2.0. If we don't catch anything we run my truck.

rcnitrohead 06-12-2009 09:39 PM

I love taking my cars out for a spin when Ihave the time. For the last few months I've been deprived of driving and wrenching on my vehicles and I'd do anything to get my Savage out and annoy the hell out of my neighbors. Then again, when you have lots of opportunities to drive- it can get old driving alone. Being with one or more person is so much more fun when you can race around and do different things. However, Idespise driving with large groups 10ppl+ in the same area unless it is an organized race because at that point, you are just concentrating on no hitting the other cars...

Tom.

AMOUREDTANK 06-12-2009 09:51 PM

I havent gotten bored with mine yet and i mainly run alone. I've had mine for about a month now. Though I think I enjoy running it so much cuz afterwards I get to take it apart clean it and put it back together.</p>

hands without shadows 06-12-2009 09:57 PM

I get bored after an hour and a half of running them. For me the fun is in building, maintaining, and customizing them. If your anything like me; build a crawler.

On2_n_On4 06-12-2009 10:41 PM

bashing or racing is just a little part of it, theres fixing, adjusting,cleaning, replacing parts, painting bodies, taking pics, videos etc......

by the time u get bored, u have a new engine on your mind http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...spinnyeyes.gif

Chris_RC 06-12-2009 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: DrDremel

Thats why I race.... Bashing alone can get old quick, racing is always fun to me tho.
+1. There is always something more to buy, and new people to race. Especially with 1/8 offroad vehicles on a track it is almost impossible to get bored.

scoobs92 06-12-2009 11:08 PM

if i get bored im doing something wrong there is always something in this hobby to do clean \work on\hop up\bash\race\show off\mess with the neighbors cat

rcpowerhorse 06-13-2009 03:52 AM

me, i get bored when bashing alone on the dirt area accross from my house but i never get bored when im track driving. (i once drove on track for 5 hours)

quietnas1 06-13-2009 08:12 AM

Man been doing this for 15 yrs and I'm not bored yet. Lol. I used to race and it was impossible to get bored. I run alone on my lunch breaks at work and on the weekends there are about 2 or 3 other poeple that I run with at the park. There is always something t do also. For me fixing things that break is a small part. Modifying takes up a lot of my time as well. I can never leave an RC stock. Trust I've tried. Its like a drug lol. But that's my opinion in a nut shell.

Willystylz 06-13-2009 08:41 AM

I never get bored working nor looking at mine.  If i'm running alone it does get boring after a while.  But throw a track and/or other ppl in the mix then it's barrels of fun!

Cheap Guy 06-13-2009 08:54 AM

One of the things I've done is try to buy at least two of whatever car I buy. That way if I get a little bored I can usually get someone to play along. But I will say there is nothing scarier than watching some who hasn't driven a RC car on their first run with YOUR car - it's amazing how small a school parking lot can get at 25mph.

MTboy 06-13-2009 10:08 AM

I run alone most of the time and havent got bored after two years.  Bashing or racing around on my track I always seem to have a blast.  But I'm always working on driving skills and getting faster.  Plus I find if you mix it up you wont run out of things to do.  Heli's, truggy, drifter seem to give me enough different elements that I don't get bored or tired of it.  Plus there's always something to work on or custom fit.. 
If you don't like working and fixing things then it will end up in the corner..  Good luck.

prestonlal 06-13-2009 02:12 PM

Bored?!! certainly not with driving my car... sometimes however, the weather and /or season can put a stop to the fun. then i have to find something to do to take away the boredom...! so coming up on winter, i usually start thinking of some project to get me through those months where its too cold outside. i only have nitro cars...so you see my problem.. well his winter i decided to convert one of these to a brushless system. so had a lot of fun deciding which system to use, and the layout as well as hand fabricating the mounts battery bay etc. turned out pretty cool. Not to mention being able to start and drive it in the living room...:D sweet!</p>

</p>

Press.</p>

childsman 06-13-2009 02:57 PM

NOT AT ALL. i take notes on speend and driving patterns and the so i know what i can ajust on how to make it faster or i put drift tires on it and drift

pede_187 06-13-2009 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: 10344

My friend got me into this hobby and im about to buy my first nitro car. The thing is, I don't want to spend $300+ on everything just to drive the car in a circle for 10 minutes and then throw it in the corner.
So do you ever get bored of driving and bashing your car?

If Iget bored of bashing, Iusually out to my track. And Ieither run on it or build it up a bit more (add jumps, make it smoother, etc.)

Cheap Guy 06-13-2009 03:39 PM

ORIGINAL: prestonlal

Bored?!! certainly not with driving my car... sometimes however, the weather and /or season can put a stop to the fun. then i have to find something to do to take away the boredom...! so coming up on winter, i usually start thinking of some project to get me through those months where its too cold outside. i only have nitro cars...so you see my problem.. well his winter i decided to convert one of these to a brushless system. so had a lot of fun deciding which system to use, and the layout as well as hand fabricating the mounts battery bay etc. turned out pretty cool. Not to mention being able to start and drive it in the living room...:Dsweet!</p>

</p>

Press.</p>
Yeah, it's a problem for us Snowbelt folks as far as running in the winter. I suggest maybe trying out the Losi Micro-T's for winter. I haven't touched mine since the weather warmed up, but they were a blast during the winter, or even on rainy/cold days. They're pretty cheap right now, about $60 used.

I will say that I have as much fun working on my cars as driving them. The problem comes when I need $$$$ to work on my cars.

olkleaf 06-13-2009 03:51 PM

i mean when you bash its fun but when i go out to bash (my myself) i go for 20 minutes and then call it a day.

in your case you have someone to bash with you it will be alot more fun. when your by your self you have no one to talk to or help you.

racing i lots of fun you got a bunch of people their racing with you, its also competitive(depending on the track). i say its 10X more fun then bashing. when i go to the track im there all day. for 10am to 6pm.

nitro rc 06-13-2009 04:52 PM

it sounds like some of you go out and drive for only around 20 minutes a week?  When I take my car out, i drive for about an hour or two. 

It can get boring when by yourself, but like others said, if you have someone to race with, it is so much more fun.  Thats why i convinced my brother to get one so that we could race together on our backyard track