RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   My new rc workbench! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/9800509-my-new-rc-workbench.html)

jermpool 06-15-2010 10:13 AM

RE: My new rc workbench!

thanks, the only thing I would like to add is a swiveling stand and a laptop or a computer of some type. Maybe a flat monitor mounted on one side.

jakerz04 06-15-2010 04:51 PM

i have my tv there to keep me company and so i dont hurt my neck trying to see the other one, if i needed i could find room for my laptop, but i Think i ham going to get a flat moniter and mount it on the wall behind the workbench and not sell the desktop i have(thanks for the idea man!) but first things first i need a stool

supamagician 06-16-2010 01:05 PM

I built me a work bench in woodshop class. It is about 14" wide and about 3' long. It will mount into my wall like a shelf. I'll post pics once I get it mounted

rippnlip 06-18-2010 11:25 PM

NICE BENCH, MY WORK SPACE ON THE OTHER HAND, ARE IN THE GARAGE, AND THE HOBBY ROOM AND SOMETIMES IN BETWEEN.</p>

jermpool 06-19-2010 12:34 AM

It appears that I am going to get a bigger room for my bench. My small room will soon be the utility room and I get our current one which is about 3 times the size of what I have now. Its in a much better location in our house too. I'll actually be able to go in when the wife is in bed.

grimgard 06-19-2010 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cool Stuff but I think I have you all beat! I just built and work bench just for all my RC stuff!

coolink13 06-19-2010 09:07 AM

Nice job on Bench! It is a little small. So I'm not the only one that uses the Kitchen table!!! It makes me feel better from the photos that I'm not the only one with A TON OF RC STUFF. I used have something called a Wife but now I can build anywhere instead of the basement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I was the plaintiff. LOL

grimgard 06-19-2010 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: coolink13

Nice job on Bench! It is a little small. So I'm not the only one that uses the Kitchen table!!! It makes me feel better from the photos that I'm not the only one with A TON OF RC STUFF. I used have something called a Wife but now I can build anywhere instead of the basement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I was the plaintiff. LOL

LOl, Thanks! Yea it's an adiction. A little small? maybe its just the picture but it's 4 feet wide by 6 feet long.

AlienModified 06-19-2010 03:46 PM

I was using the kitchen table, but the wife wasn't too happy about that, plus it's already too cluttered, so I had to clean it every time I needed it, and then had to clean it again when I was done. At least my the bench, I can walk away at any time and go back to it later.

coolink13 06-19-2010 04:03 PM

Hey Grimgard Nice job on your bench its awesome!!!! I was referring to the original post on being small. I have my office set up for storage and do the hard work in the basement. That's where the the metal chop saw and drill press and bench grinder are. Not always needed, but when they are its a must have. I wish I had a cnc lathe. Maybe someday when the economy picks up steady along with a New President.

grimgard 06-19-2010 07:19 PM

Hey Grimgard Nice job on your bench its awesome!!!! I was referring to the original post on being small. I have my office set up for storage and do the hard work in the basement. That's where the the metal chop saw and drill press and bench grinder are. Not always needed, but when they are its a must have. I wish I had a cnc lathe. Maybe someday when the economy picks up steady along with a New President.

Thanks! Yea I wish I had more tools as well. Everyone has a cool spot and as long as it works for you than thats all ya need :D

rooker 06-19-2010 07:49 PM

Prestonlal,
That green truck looks very good. Give us some pics man!! Not to highjack this thread, start one!! What kind is it?

AlienModified 06-20-2010 01:50 AM

Yea, if I had my way I'd have a full machine shop in my garage. I have projects in mind, but I have to do everything by hand. And while one can appreciate a job when it is all done by hand, it's alot easier to have the machines instead.

Snook Man 06-20-2010 10:09 AM

Here's my old bench.
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...n/DSC05789.jpg

I Moved recently and now have a larger space in the basement thats perfect for a larger bench.[8D] Just have to find the time to throw it together.