Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

need help setting up dx2s

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 09:16 AM
carmaniac627

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help setting up dx2s

so i picked up a brand new dx2s from my hobby shop yesterday, i figured it was time to upgrade to something nicer from my sc8's stock radio. i read through the manual and got it binded with the receiver and hooked up both the steering and throttle servos. the problem i'm having is that my steering isnt working, and im thinking it has something to do with the fact that i have an aftermarket digital servo for my steering but not sure. the throttle servo is the stock standard servo and seems to work perfect with the new dx2s. any help would be greatly apreciated
Old 03-12-2011, 02:08 PM
3.3 revo 3.3

Default RE: need help setting up dx2s

are you using savox servos? because i heard they don't work with spektrum systems
Old 03-12-2011, 04:27 PM
carmaniac627

nope its an airtonics servo. i called the hobby shop and the guy was telling me my receiver isnt powerful enough for the digital servo and that i need some thing that i forgot the name of that i plug into the receiver that supposedly makes it so the receiver supplies enough power to be able to work with the digital servo. He said they dont get this thing in until tuesday, dang hobby shops always find some way to keep you coming back[:@]
Old 03-12-2011, 10:24 PM
3.3 revo 3.3

aren't 2.4ghz systems meant to use digital servos? It should be built into the receiver [&:]

im guessing this is what it is?
[link]http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_124/products_id/6570/n/Spektrum-Voltage-Protector[/link]
Old 03-13-2011, 01:08 PM
carmaniac627

yep capacitor was exactly what he said! he said their price was 8 bucks [:@]