Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Backwards

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:46 AM
underthepeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backwards

Good Afternnoon! I am so glad I found this forum as I am a wet behind the ears "newb" truggy owner.

My question for those with much more knowledge than I (and not able to find the answer searching this forum) is: What would cause the steering servo to turn at a greater radius if it is hooked up the the throttle input on the receiver? Why do something so crazy?

If I hook my steering servo into the correct "port" on the receiver it seems as though the servo will not turn enough; this makes my turning radius huge. However, I have noticed if my plug the steering servo into where the throttle connects to the receiver then the steering works wonderfully. Furhermore, once I hook the throttle into where the steering is plugged into it seems work well.

Now, when I do connect the servos to what seems to me the proper ports on the receiver I have noticed the steering servo almost has an internal "clicking sound" (this sound goes away if I hook the steering servo up to the throttle port).

I cannot change the servos around because the throttle servo gear and the steering servo gear are different. The steering has a little larger gear that connects to the servo saver. I have got to be doing something stupid and sure would appreciate any help.

Steering Servo - JR Racing Z590M

Thanks So Much!!

Old 04-09-2011, 11:29 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Backwards

turn D/R to 100%
its either a knob, or if you got a LCD controller in the menus
Old 04-09-2011, 06:30 PM
underthepeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I figured it out in a few minutes after I posted. It was indeed the knob and I have no idea why I didn't check that first.  Sometimes the easiest solution is the most obvious thing I look over!

Thanks!!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:27 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: underthepeach

Thanks I figured it out in a few minutes after I posted. It was indeed the knob and I have no idea why I didn't check that first. Sometimes the easiest solution is the most obvious thing I look over!

Thanks!!
don't feel bad was at the LHS when a guy came in cursing that his nephew broke his radio, and that he needed a new one cause the servos were all running backwards.
He picked up a $200 spectrum radio and was like OK THIS SHOULD FIX IT cleark grabbed his radio and flipped the reverse switch, grabed the spectrum put it back on the shelf and told him to go home its fixed
Guy had the dumbest look on his face it was priceless.

I miss that clerk at the LHS only one I actually trusted his opinion on stuff seeing he'd give an honest opinion, even if the shop didn't stock it, and would say if ebay would be cheaper.
I stopped going there as much after they got rid of him