Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Lookin for the best 3 channel with telemetry

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Lookin for the best 3 channel with telemetry

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 04:24 PM
topspeedjunkie1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin for the best 3 channel with telemetry

Hey guys new to this forum and wondering if anyone has any input I was looking at the dx3s with telemetry cause it comes with speed and temp and voltage sensors with it. But I am always open to new suggestions or any input anyone has

Thanks guys
I have a Rustler VXL Done with 35/76 gears and a 5000mah 11.1 lipo it does about 75 mph here is a vid link http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum
Old 04-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Miguel Santana
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lookin for the best 3 channel with telemetry

I just asked the same a couple of days ago....and no inputs from anyone...i been flying planes for over 20 years...and it seems the car community has some other rules...? [sm=50_50.gif]
Old 04-26-2011, 10:39 AM
topspeedjunkie1

Ill tell ya it is a totally different world as u know. If this were an airplane forum we would have had 40 comments but I have found that what I have run inbot here is a lot of rude people now don't get me wrong there are some amazingly wonderfull people in this but after reading forums people seem to want to argue and call people liars and that is just something u don't see a lot of in the aircraft community anbd I think it is attributed to the younger crowd the cars draw but as I say I have met a bunch of great people too. I have looked mainly at the spectrum dx3s and the reason is that it comes with telemetry sensors and it is 249 if u go to the r u vget a drop down wheel and 20 more cars in memory taking it to 50 but I don't ever forsee myself having more than 30 cars mind u if u had had this conversationb with nme about planes when I got into that I'd have said the same but at one point I owned 57 planes and helies another thing is if u go to the r u pay 400 and some and u have to buy the telemetry seperate. And I don't see the advantage of the drop down wheel I'm sure there r other features but for what I need now and in the foreable future the dx3s seems to be the right fit for me and my hobby guy agrees sorry about the spelling but I am actually in the car on my way to the hobby shop with my beutiful wife driving and answering u on my blackberry darn these little buttons lol I hope I've helped u with your desision and if u go on youtube.com and enter in draven3907 he has been a great help and MrMRTmustang too these guys r wonderfull as I say there r some great people in this sport so don't let the kids wreck it for you oh and if u wanna see my set up I am on youtube as well as topspeedjunkie1 good luck my friend
Old 05-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Miguel Santana
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tops thanks for the inputs.
I already got the spektrum and plan to use it the telemetry only for temp and volts.
My car is an Agama with a Werk D6...still on the working bench ans espect to test run next weekend.
We'll see..
So far my kids are having fun with a pair of Ofna Hiper 7
There is a forum a friend recomended me for cars..I have not try it yet...but according to him overall the guys has a differemt actitude.
www.rctech.net
Take care,
MS
Old 06-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Chucksolo69

I have a DX3S that came with my Losi Ten T Truggy and I can tell you the radio is awesome. The telemetry is pretty much dead on.  The only thing is, is that it can be distracting. I find myself looking at the screen and taking my eye off the car, which can be disastrous if you are running the car fast.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:23 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: topspeedjunkie1

Ill tell ya it is a totally different world as u know. If this were an airplane forum we would have had 40 comments but I have found that what I have run inbot here is a lot of rude people now don't get me wrong there are some amazingly wonderfull people in this but after reading forums people seem to want to argue and call people liars and that is just something u don't see a lot of in the aircraft community anbd I think it is attributed to the younger crowd the cars draw but as I say I have met a bunch of great people too.
Well most of the bickering is HEAVILY due to brand loyalty, and people not liking to think outside the box. Not the age of the posters (most are 28+ )
Also people tend to get sick of seeing the same exact question asked multiple times when the same exact question is quite easily able to be seen on the 1st page (no searching required usually). There are also posters who seem to love posting questions JUST to start the flame wars, complain on things than get mad when they are given honest feedback. There are also people who love to rub stuff into others non-stop (1 poster on the electric forums, who has been banned on multiple forums due to his behavior), their arrogance pretty much angers most people, and most the users have a short fuse with him(which to newcomers looks like were being jerks to him).

Also I doubt that it would have received 40 posts on the airplane forum. I've asked something there and got maybe 3 replies (by the same guy) on purchasing a kit(which still sits un-assembled over a year later) in 2 weeks.

And Miguel Santana no we don't have other rules, just this forum is not widely used, nor is it frequented by the majority of people. I'll be honest most people probably don't even know this forum exists(like the monster truck general forum). Most questions are generally asked in the general forum, and those usually receive answers at a decent rate (way faster than this forum).

The the OP no clue(never used a spectrum) I just hit this by accident(also mis-clicked on the forum), and figured I'd tell ya try posting in the general ground based forum.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:50 AM
ozzie-crawl

i know this is a bit old,but found it funny because i have been a member here since 2007 and its the first time i have looked in the radio section