Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

DX3r Broken trigger spring

Old 07-12-2011, 05:41 AM
primo86gt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX3r Broken trigger spring

HAS anyone broke the trigger spring?? Mine broke after 10hrs of use. , I just bent the next coil up reattached it to finish racing that night. Horizon wants me to send it back and that means missing racing for a weekend or 2
They wont just send me a spring Anyone find a replacment??
Old 07-12-2011, 07:37 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DX3r Broken trigger spring

If its working fine like that I wouldn't bother replacing the spring. In all honesty they probably would have done the same thing, and not replaced the spring.
I've had to do that more than once on radios, and the ones I still use work just fine with it.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:12 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: DX3r Broken trigger spring

Please don't misunderstand me when I say this, I know there are a few spek dx fanboys out there, and many haven't had any issues with them, but this kind of thing is why I will only use futaba radios, or cheap chinese throwaways, because all the stuff in between is too expensive for what it is. I am using the same 3pk for nearly 15 years for my race radio, it has never, ever given me the slightest trouble of any kind. My DX2 has a broken aerial, the case has melted due to nitro fuel, some of the buttons feel like they are on their last legs, and the finish is coming off all over... after less than a year. It just looks 20 years old next to my 3pk which is still looking good 15 times its age. Just sayin...