Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Buddy Box

Old 09-02-2011, 08:23 AM
ClodBusted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddy Box

I have been out of the RC hobby for the better part of two decades. Now that I have a son, I'd like to dust off the old Clod (original) and let him play with it some. He is only three years old, so, I would like to find a ground radio that has a training system. Does anyone make such a beast? Or are there some cheap radios that I could easily modify? Or do I just need to get a pair of 2.4ghz airplane radios and call it a day?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:20 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Buddy Box

ive been there, personally i wouldent bother, From my experance thay just ruin it. sure it fun for the first 5min but when things start to brake its not so fun anymore.
A child that age would be more happy with a $20 r/c are that he could call his own. all thay do is go forward & backward

We had the most luck by sitting the child on my lap & letting them steer while i controlled the throttle

When thay get a bit older get a 2.4gh radio with adjustable end points & set the throttle to 1/3 power & fit a HPI gear reduction unit to the motor so it wont get boged. that way it wont be fast but will still have the required torque.
My brother has done that with his 3yo with a tamiya cc01, he has set 3 modes on the controller, one for him, one for inside & one for outside