Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

JR XS3 Pro replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:51 PM
worrdogg
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XS3 Pro replacement?

Hey all, after 7 years I'm back into RC. I loved and used the JR XS3 Pro years ago and was wondering if they're still around but in a 2.4ghz? Every where I look online all transmitters are 2.4ghz, seems like the 27mhz and 75nhz are obsolete now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82192.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1838752  
Old 01-15-2013, 02:06 PM
kaycerc

Default RE: JR XS3 Pro replacement?

ORIGINAL: worrdogg

Hey all, after 7 years I'm back into RC. I loved and used the JR XS3 Pro years ago and was wondering if they're still around but in a 2.4ghz? Every where I look online all transmitters are 2.4ghz, seems like the 27mhz and 75nhz are obsolete now.
Yes, and no - not really, but indirectly.
Horizon Hobbies, who owned JR Radios (among other brands), discontinued that line of radios when they introduced the Spektrum line of 2.4g radios.

You probably recognized the shape and basic features on the DSX3 (spektrum) radio as it being similar to yourJR XS3 Pro, but in silver instead of black, and that was one of their original 2.4g models - but that was about 5 years ago or so, and even that model has been replaced as the company has upgraded their lineup and features offered.http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/Produc...aceRadios.aspx

Yes,27mhz and 75nhz are all but obsolete now - as even 99% of RTR cars and trucks today come with 2.4g radios.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
JoeMaxx

Default RE: JR XS3 Pro replacement?

ORIGINAL: kaycerc

ORIGINAL: worrdogg

Yes, and no - not really, but indirectly.
Horizon Hobbies, who owned JR Radios (among other brands), discontinued that line of radios when they introduced the Spektrum line of 2.4g radios.

You probably recognized the shape and basic features on the DSX3 (spektrum) radio as it being similar to yourJR XS3 Pro, but in silver instead of black, and that was one of their original 2.4g models - but that was about 5 years ago or so, and even that model has been replaced as the company has upgraded their lineup and features offered.http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/Produc...aceRadios.aspx

Yes,27mhz and 75nhz are all but obsolete now - as even 99% of RTR cars and trucks today come with 2.4g radios.

I was going to say about the same things.

I still have my JRXS3 and XR3i radio systems in some of my older R/Cs but have been slowly converting them over the Spektrum DX3C radio system I bought last spring. So far I love this radiosystem. 20 ModelMemory andhas all the bells and whistle the older JRSystems had. Bonus it is much easier to switch between models. Binding the Spektrum 2.4Ghz radio and receiver isvery easy to perform with the Binding Plug. I found it to a lot easier then other RTR 2.4 GHz radio systems I have.

Definitally alot easier then the older JR XS3 receivers where you had to turn 2 screws to adjust the receivers to the FMBand you chose on the Transmitter. Ieven used towith 30 FMchannels find someone on my frequency from time to time. I tended to use the 80's on my FM radios.

I am going to purchase another Spektrum DX3C radio systembecause when I go out to play I share my R/Cs with a couple of buddies that do not have them but like to come along and play on the weekends.

At about $140.00 bucks it is affordable and has many features that the more expensive radio systems have.

This evening I will be installing anewSR200 Receiver and S6030 Digital 222/278 OZ Servo into my HPITrophy 4.6 Truggy and linking it the DX3C. Should fill my evening up with programing and adjustments.

I highly recommend this radio system for all thatwould like a sport editionRadio system with almost all the features of a pro radio.