Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Signal strength issues w/ Associated buggy

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Signal strength issues w/ Associated buggy

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 06:11 AM
RyanJKelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Signal strength issues w/ Associated buggy

I have a Spektrum Dx3s, which works quite well in many vehicles except one. It also has fine reception w/ a nitro set up as well. The buggy is a Associated RC 8.2e, I have swapped receiver w/ two different SR3300T receivers, & got the same results. I took the new receiver I picked up that was in my SCTE, working perfectly, & put it in my buggy thinking I was home free. Same results, the buggy gets like 20 yards away, & I can start to hear the motor skipping like, it's the power cutting in & out. I figure it's the Radio/receiver because I can also loose steering & just act dead till I get a bit closer then it lights up again when I get a few feet closer. I am running the ix8 ESC & the Dynamic 8 . I put the receiver that was first in the buggy, & put it in my truck to test it, it wasn't the receiver because my truck ran fine w plenty of distance. So the Question is why aren't the receivers working properly in the buggy. I have a Futaba 3pm-s, w/ faast technology, I'm considering trying it out, but for time sake I may slap a two channel Spektrum receiver in for S&G, but I fear the same result. I'm stumped, I haven't brought it to the track yet cause I don't have enough reception to get around it. I would appreciate any feedback possible Thanks
Old 11-11-2013, 09:25 PM
phranticness

BEC voltage? If the ground receivers work like the air version, the orange light will be blinking when it has a signal loss (as opposed to a solid on for bound).
Old 11-14-2013, 07:27 PM
swervo

simply a labelling problem . change the 'spektrum' labels so they read 'futaba' or 'hitec' or 'flysky' and reliable radio will be your reality .