Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

AM radio or battery issue?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Northern Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AM radio or battery issue?

I have been using a Futaba Magnum AM radio for some time now with a cheap NI-MH battery (7.2v) and had no issues while running a brushed motor. I recently installed a brushless motor with a 60A ESC. Since installing it, the radio has been acting up. The servo will turn past the stop point and the motor will drive slowly on its own.
I have ordered a new lipo battery as I have read that the ESC starving for power from a battery that can't put out enough can cause issues with the motor.
Could the battery draw be causing issues issues with the radio as well and be solved with the new battery?
My only other thought is the brushless motor may be causing interference with the radio. I don't think brushless motors and AM radios where used much if ever together.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:57 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like the motor draw is *****g out the battery limit and the volts are dropping below the minimum voltage for the receiver or the ESC's BEC is failing from low voltage