Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

27mhz controler and 26.54 reciver :(

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

27mhz controler and 26.54 reciver :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 06:25 AM
crasher1911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27mhz controler and 26.54 reciver :(

Hello everyone.
I have a 27mhz controller and a 26.54mhz on car reciver. Is there any chance i can make these two work together ?
Old 06-17-2014, 03:40 PM
jkdv8
My Feedback: (1)

The two crystals would need to be the same frequency which also determines what channel on the 27mhz band they operate on. If the transmitters crystal is the same 26.52x it would work. The frequency should be printed or stamped on the crystals.

Last edited by jkdv8; 06-17-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:42 AM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

You probably have an older AM system. Check the transmitter and its crystal for frequency. It may be 26.995, which
is part of the 27 Mhz band.
Receiver crystals are often marked with their basic frequency, which is not the same as the frequency the receiver
will work at. An internal frequency called the "intermediate frequency" (IF) is added or subtracted to the crystal frequency
to arrive at the operating frequency.
The IF is usually .455 KHz. In this case, adding that to 26.54 gives us 26.995 - the probable operating frequency of the transmitter.
Installing batteries and a servo and turning the system on will not harm anything if they turn out to be on different frequencies.
Luck - [email protected]