Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Newbie help with speed control

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 10:48 AM
GuidoDoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie help with speed control

My boys are getting RC cars for Christmas, Redcat Volcano EPX pro and Tornado EPX pro. They are new to hobby grade RC and the vehicles are going to be too fast for them initially. The ESC does not have training mode but does have the ability to set the trigger neutral forward and reverse points. The transmitter has a neutral trim but not endpoint adjustment.

Anyway to slow the cars down? I tried messing with the trigger points but I get all or none. I turned the punch to the lowest setting. I know I can stick something behind the trigger to limit its movement but that will take 3 seconds for the kids to say enough of that.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:21 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Since the limiting of the trigger is a no go... I believe your only option would be to get a radio that has end point adjustments for throttle. EPAs, on my transmitters, are what I use to tame a "hot" motor when my nephews bring their kids over to run my RCs. Possibly get a 20T mild motor.

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-14-2014 at 02:35 PM.