Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

2.4ghz compatability

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Tjarr24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4ghz compatability

Will this reciever work http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ehouse%5F.html
With my traxxas TQi? I can get a complete hobbyking transmitter and reciever for cheaper than a tq micro reciever but I just want to be able to use my TQi instead of haveing another controller to keep up with.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:25 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not certain, but I believe I've read here that transmitters and receivers have to be the same brand, so I doubt an HK Rx would work with a TQi.
It's because all 2.4ghz sets are not created equal. The way the system frequency hops varies from maker to maker. FHSS, FASST, etc. The algorithms are different. You're stuck with Traxxas, matey, unless you opt for another make like HK or FlySky. FlySky makes a nice 10-model-memory unit with End Points, Expo, ABS, etc for $59. Or a simple one for $19. Both come with new receivers.