Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

fs gtc3 range issue

Old 06-21-2014, 12:48 PM
filly.bluntz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fs gtc3 range issue

Hi all

I'm having issue with the range on my fs gt3c not sure if it's the transmitter or receiver but it only seem to get around 30meter before its out of range I have tried rebinding it but no change in the range. I've bought another receiver and that one seem to have a short range. I have also tried relocating the receiver but no change in range, can anyone help

Thanks filly

Vehicle use hobao hyper 10tt
Motor leopard 3800kv 2-4 lipos
Esc track star 150a gen2
Old 06-30-2014, 09:37 PM
nitroexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FlySkys have been known to have range problems that show up. Some work, some don't. Make sure the batteries are at full charge. FlySkys are very use more than the usual amount of battery power. If that doesn't help, you'll have to send it in and request a replacement.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:57 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Thumbs up Try FS-GR3E Receivers

I would like to know possibly the receiver that is/was being used.

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-01-2014 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:02 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Thumbs up Try FS-GR3E Receivers

I just hopped in here to give a thought. I have been using a FlySky FS-GT3C radio w/ FS-GR3E receivers since April with little to no issues. The little issue is the "up/down" menu jog wheel/button makes cursor move opposite direction, but that is a common design flaw mentioned in threads that I have read.

The range issue might be an older receiver model (FS-GR3C) that was shipped with the FS-GT3C. My FS-ST3C was shipped with the FS-GR3E receiver (which is the updated model) and I have since ordered three more to add to my other up and coming RC cars. I now see that a FS-GR3F receiver is being made to handle higher voltage servos and offers greater range.

Overall, I'm glad I tried out the FlySky brand for a frugal attempt to outfit a growing RC collection.