Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

3PK with AM module ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 06:08 PM
SoulReaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3PK with AM module ??

hi

I just recived my 3PK, and I also bought the AM module for it, i want to use it on my mini-T, micro RS4 and mini-Z.
the question is do I need to buy futaba brand crystal to put into the AM module and mini-T reciver in order for it to work ? or I can simply take out the crystal from the mini-T, micro RS4, or mini-Z transmitters and put them in the AM module ?

anyone experienced with 3PK AM module??
thanks
Old 03-01-2004, 07:01 PM
IhrtTamiya

Default RE: 3PK with AM module ??

im not familiar with module(if its the receiver or not) from wut ive been told you need a Tx that matches an Rx crystal. you can have three Rx crystals to one Tx crystal(tx being transmitter/rx receiver) so if you have three cars, you can control all of them with one transmitter just at different times and the crystals must match. you shouldnt need the brand of crystal that matches the brand of your electronics, just as long as the crystals match. hope this helps.
Old 03-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used the AM crystals that originally shipped with my T-Maxx, Losi XXX-S RTR, Mini-T and Mini-Z's with my T3PK AM Conversion Module. I originally purchased the AM Conversion Module to run Mini-Zs, how about you? The only other R/C car besides the Zs that I still have which run on AM is the Losi XXX-S RTR. Also make sure that the Tx crystal is in the AM Conversion Module and the Rx is in the R/C car in addition to matching the specific numbered frequencies--sometimes the tag numbers and/or colors are wrong or don't match though the frequencies do match. For example, 26.995 matches with 26.995 (usually Channel 1, Brown).
Old 03-02-2004, 03:02 AM
SoulReaver

i tried it with mini-T, it works great, I just put the crystal from the mini-T tx to the AM module, and than put it in 3PK, but the problem is now i can't take the crystal out of the AM module, the mini-T tx crystal doesn't have a sticker on it, so i can't take it out, the AM module lacks crystal holder like the mini-T, its a bad design. is there a crystal crimp that i can buy somewhere that i can use to pull it out ??

btw, this a awsome tx, it has everything that you will ever need, it even has 7 colors for you to change for the LED, it can also change the tone of the sound, wow, i mean thats luxury, but i love it
Old 03-03-2004, 02:41 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

I had that happen once "sort of". I removed the module from the radio and then used a small screwdriver to wiggle the crystal from side-to-side taking turns on each side until I could grab the crystal with some small needle nose pliers. After that, I used packing tape and made my own crystal tags. Just don't use regular clear tape--it tears. I found that out too and that is why I had to dig out the crystal.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:59 AM
SoulReaver

finally got it out, i cut 2 pieces of tape and tape it on both side of the crystal, and very slowly pulled it out, i also made a sticker for it, but again this is a bad design
Old 03-03-2004, 03:08 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

To me, the window makes it easy to change crystals if the crystals have a tag and very easy to tell what channel the radio is on. If some crystal manufacturer is either too lazy or too cost conservative to use a simple number tag on the crystals, I won't fault the transmitter manufacturer, especially since not all transmitters, receivers or cars have the same size crystal holders if they even use crystal holders at all. Myself, I have numerous crystal holders but have never even attempted to try and insert one in the Futaba T3PK.