Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Noob radio ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 02:55 PM
-=DFOX=-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob radio ?'s

Hey all,

I havnt messed with RC for about 20 years (Yes, Im old) last car I bought was a TA RC 10 when they first came out. So now I want back in.

Im curious about radios, mainly, what to stay away from. These are some that Ive been looking at

Futaba
Hitech
Airtronics

Probably an Ebay deal or something, anything special to look for? I want FM, but thats about as far as Ive gone

I'll be using a TA RC10 T???? something.

Thanks for any help, sorry for the noob questions

-Fox-
Old 05-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Noob radio ?'s

If I were you I would consider how many R/C cars you plan to run and how you plan to run them. I would also get a 3-channel FM radio (and I don't know if you are right handed or left handed). I own a Futaba T3PK, a JR XS3, and several others which were provided with RTRs. From my understanding, the Airtronics M8 is pretty good and easier to program than the Futaba T3PK. Both the T3PK & M8 can also run AM cars with the conversion modules. I've also run into people who like the Ko Propo Helios EX-10 (which can also be used to run AM with a conversion module). It's really a matter of personal preference (weight, feel, balance) and how much you want to spend.