Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

REDCON FT4R Ultra Light 4CH FASST Compatible Receiver

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

REDCON FT4R Ultra Light 4CH FASST Compatible Receiver

Old 06-02-2019, 07:23 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default REDCON FT4R Ultra Light 4CH FASST Compatible Receiver

I refuse to give up my Futaba 3PM radio that I got many moons ago. Anyone using FASST systems knows the price of the receivers is higher than newer newer technology of FHSS systems. For whatever reason, I don't know why.

The REDCON FT4R receiver is my solution in justifying me keeping the 3PM around. The FT4R is 1/4 the cost of a Futaba FASST receiver. I have the receiver mounted, in my 1/10 scale truggy, using E6000 adhesive.

REDCON wraps the receiver in thick paper stock instead of a plastic case. I'm guessing it saves some money doing it this way. I don't think the receiver was meant for off-road use so I sealed up the sides as best I could with some more E6000. A couple months of use and everything is good so far. We'll see if dust becomes a factor in the up and coming months.

Setting up the FT4R receiver was a bit of a trial-n-error event. I had to set my 3PM radio to PPM mode in order to get it to bind and work properly.

The FT4R FASST compatible receiver has two antennas (more so for air use I guess?). I have one just laying flat on the truggy's chassis, while the other is shoved into a vertical tube. What's the range? I only need the receiver for backyard track use and have not tested anything over 100 yards.