Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Spectrum DX3?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 09:34 PM
ace@
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spectrum DX3?

What's up everyone ??? I just got my spectrum dx3 system YEAH!!!!!! So far during set up there is no glitching of the servos and that's an improvment there for me. My question is when i set the fail safe and shut off the transmitter it takes like 1 1/2 to 2 seconds for failsafe to kick in. is this normal? Because with my ofna mini failsafe as soon as i shut off the transmitter the fail safe was on.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:22 PM
chelopr

yes it is normal, it work for me I test it , and also I was low batt at receiver and work ok, when stop was like loose signal but I notice was low receiver batt then recharge and go again. I'm very happy with it. Right now I running in my RC10GT and the savage.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:01 AM
ace@
My Feedback: (9)

Hey chelopr Thanks for the reply. Does your savage have reverse if yes do you have to hold the 3rd channel to go in reverse? I just want to make sure i have it set up rite..
Old 08-09-2005, 10:25 PM
chelopr

ORIGINAL: ace@

Hey chelopr Thanks for the reply. Does your savage have reverse if yes do you have to hold the 3rd channel to go in reverse? I just want to make sure i have it set up rite..
Yes I have to hold the button to the right but sometimes is little hard to keep reverse working and use the breaking at same time with one hand. but I can live with that, reverse is something that use it when the truck is trapped in a corner or in front of something.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:52 AM
zr1s10
My Feedback: (2)

I dont understand what keeps it from mixxing with someone elses spektrum???
Old 08-14-2005, 09:31 PM
chelopr

here your answer I take from FAQ of spektrum site:

How does the receiver know which transmitter it should match? Is there any possibility of confusion if two transmitters are turned on at exactly the same time? How long does it take for the tx/rx to find a channel?
Each module has it's own code # (GUID) with over 4.2 billion possible codes. The receiver is programmed to recognize the GUID during binding. The receiver will then only listen to it's specific GUID and nothing else. It doesn't matter if two transmitters are turned on simultaneously. Each will search for it's own GUID. It takes about a second for the connection to take place.

If you want more info here is the Site:
[link=http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/FAQs/Default.aspx]http://www.spektrumrc.com/DSM/FAQs/Default.aspx[/link]

Have nice race seeeyaaa!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: t3kops
Can someone provide me with the dimensions of the receiver? I looked all over and it seems they left that detail out. I am thinking of using this with my RC18T Factory Team and size is an issue.
The receiver is actually pretty small though you may not be able to tell from the photo in post 37--a lot smaller than the JR RS300. A few of the member have them mounted in an RC18T--check the Mini & Micro section.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:37 AM
zr1s10

Got mine yesterday and installed it today!! Picked it up new for under 220 shipped off ebay!!! Hooked it up today and am waiting for my receiver pack to finish charging!! [>:]
Old 08-22-2005, 08:17 PM
streak8838

yeah so far my experience with the dx3 has been terrible liked the system and it souded nice but none of the pros use the dx3 they just use the spectrum add on 1st day i got the reciever would't work so i sent the reciever off after a month and a half of pesterring them to give it back it finally came back in the mail they said it would take 6 to 8 business days after the recieved it for my to get it back. it took them that many day just check it in and then another 20 business days for me to get my reciever back on my doorstep. so the same saturday as the week i recieved i go to the lhs where we all drag and race our cars (old empty walmart and grocery store parking lot great place props to gamers getaway) after it drained my batteries in about 1hr i figured they ended up shorting the reciever but it could have been my hump pack anyways i connect my four cell back up to it and then start to mess around with it its glitching the whole time losing signal so it starts not to glitch any more so i start drag racing showing off the car that i suped up for two months that i couldn't drive then oh crap was doing about 60 and still climbing and the dx3 glitched and lost signal the failsafe kicked in and got me side ways i connected with a telephone pole doing about 60 maybe more well needles to say it looks like a taco now i will get some pictures into show you but the car went from about 15 inches long to about 8 inches so that was the end of my ct4s anyways they say that any glitches that are responsible for a wreck they are liable up to like a million something i think need to check my book and all but my busted ct4s is being sent back to horizon hobby along with a crushed ct4s which i would like a new one minus motor i told them i salvaged the motor when i talked to them they said they weren't sure if they could do that it is out of their hands so i sent a copy of the warranty and my receipt for both ct4s and my dx3 and it better get paid or i will just got to nomadio about this and get a better radio plus give them a sales pitch get dss with nomadio or get dsmassive crap with specktrum i just know it better not take two months for this to all be returned to me if you have a spektrum system that works keep it and if you have a problem with your good luck on getting it back before christmas (pics of car prob tomorrow)
Old 08-22-2005, 11:43 PM
chelopr

Sometime when a production of any product there one of them that are not perfect (it's called "lemon" ) I think you bought one lemon spektrum, I'll be glab mine with to receiver have not problems, I hope you can resolve you situation with spektrum...Good Luck
Old 08-23-2005, 04:55 AM
zr1s10

ORIGINAL: streak8838

yeah so far my experience with the dx3 has been terrible liked the system and it souded nice but none of the pros use the dx3 they just use the spectrum add on 1st day i got the reciever would't work so i sent the reciever off after a month and a half of pesterring them to give it back it finally came back in the mail they said it would take 6 to 8 business days after the recieved it for my to get it back. it took them that many day just check it in and then another 20 business days for me to get my reciever back on my doorstep. so the same saturday as the week i recieved i go to the lhs where we all drag and race our cars (old empty walmart and grocery store parking lot great place props to gamers getaway) after it drained my batteries in about 1hr i figured they ended up shorting the reciever but it could have been my hump pack anyways i connect my four cell back up to it and then start to mess around with it its glitching the whole time losing signal so it starts not to glitch any more so i start drag racing showing off the car that i suped up for two months that i couldn't drive then oh crap was doing about 60 and still climbing and the dx3 glitched and lost signal the failsafe kicked in and got me side ways i connected with a telephone pole doing about 60 maybe more well needles to say it looks like a taco now i will get some pictures into show you but the car went from about 15 inches long to about 8 inches so that was the end of my ct4s anyways they say that any glitches that are responsible for a wreck they are liable up to like a million something i think need to check my book and all but my busted ct4s is being sent back to horizon hobby along with a crushed ct4s which i would like a new one minus motor i told them i salvaged the motor when i talked to them they said they weren't sure if they could do that it is out of their hands so i sent a copy of the warranty and my receipt for both ct4s and my dx3 and it better get paid or i will just got to nomadio about this and get a better radio plus give them a sales pitch get dss with nomadio or get dsmassive crap with specktrum i just know it better not take two months for this to all be returned to me if you have a spektrum system that works keep it and if you have a problem with your good luck on getting it back before christmas (pics of car prob tomorrow)
Well mine is AWSOME!! I LOVE MY SPEKTRUM DX3!! I'm getting two more receivers for my 9.5 and t-maxx!!

THIS IS THE BEST 2.4GHZ system for the money HANDS DOWN!
Old 08-23-2005, 08:38 PM
streak8838

yeah i understand that i am not dogging the system at all the people i know that have it it works great and for 250 you can't beat that love the simplicity of the radio just my customer service has not been up to par the tech guys that i have talked especially rand and chris have been great help but the shop guys so far have stunk it up plus i do understand they had a recall on a lot of recievers to reprogram them and all but i just wanted the system fixed the first time ordered a fussion 21 today plus i have a ct4r that i am converting to a draggster (what everyone does at my hobby shop just have to gget good enought to drive it on the track lol) thanks for the responses though take it easy everyone
Old 08-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Zukre Iskotehx

Hey guys i would like to know what if i wanna use the DX3 for other cars as well ? all i have to do is buy another reciever ? Thanks
Old 08-25-2005, 10:30 PM
chelopr

ORIGINAL: Zukre Iskotehx

Hey guys i would like to know what if i wanna use the DX3 for other cars as well ? all i have to do is buy another reciever ? Thanks
The dx3 have three memory car setup then it's recomendable that buy another recever for another car, it better than change receiver to other car and re-setting all funtion every time.
Old 08-26-2005, 06:28 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

I just picked one up for my 1/6 FG Marder. But when I tried to add my Ofna Failsafe to it, it didn't work. I tried it with my other remote (Ko-Kopro EX-11) and it worked fine. Has anyone had this problem? I know it has a built in failsafe but it doesn't have low battery detection. Having a nitro take off is one thing but try a 25LB car with a 26CC engine!!!

Old 08-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Zukre Iskotehx

Ahh ok.. Thanks for the info man..
Old 08-26-2005, 06:23 PM
chelopr

ORIGINAL: SELWA

I just picked one up for my 1/6 FG Marder. But when I tried to add my Ofna Failsafe to it, it didn't work. I tried it with my other remote (Ko-Kopro EX-11) and it worked fine. Has anyone had this problem? I know it has a built in failsafe but it doesn't have low battery detection. Having a nitro take off is one thing but try a 25LB car with a 26CC engine!!!

No work with regular failsafe also I donnt know with one can work but I read that not have battery low failsafe but when I tested at firts time the savage stop and look like was without signal loose but when I check the receiver batts was low, I do not know but the savage stopped when batt low, A logical explanation can be low voltage= low signal=failsafe active do signal loose, I do not have that problems again because I always check the batts and recharge it every time I race. may be an on board voltage monitoring system can help.

Good luck
Old 08-26-2005, 09:29 PM
SELWA

I have a on board voltage meter as well. Hopefully I can find a manual fail safe to try out or maybe the built in fail safe measures the voltage and shuts down the receiver. I guess I 'll have to see in an open field.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:08 PM
madgti

Let me know how it goes SELWA. I am thinking of buying the same one. How does the controller work with all hi torque digital servos?

Anyone running the Venom Failsafe with this controller?

I couldn't find anywhere on the horizon website that mention this controller having sub trim or able to adjust end points. Can anyone verify this for me please.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2005, 05:24 AM
SELWA

I have a digital and a coreless servo and it works great. There lots of nice adjustments for the price but if you have a remote that lets you use their modules you're better off using that. BUt for $300+Cad it's not too bad at all. There's also a nice feature which lets you use the 3rd channel for you 2nd steering or throttle servo without using a "Y" cable and it lets you trim it seperatly too. I haven't tried it in a field yet. I'd like to see how it works with a manual failsafe. The auto-setup ones don't seem to work. "Ofna" doesn't work for sure.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:35 AM
madgti

Let me know how it goes. I was goign to buy one yesterday but then thebuyer for JRXS2 backed out. I would still use a manual failsafe since i heard so many horror stories with built in failsafe not detecting low voltage. I was told from another dealer to run a manul failsafe since the DX2 does not support low voltage.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:45 PM
rc nutz

Does any know if i can get a after market steering wheel for dx3? i don't really like the looks of the one it has..
Old 09-14-2005, 10:15 PM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

SO?.. Guys I need a new Tx one of my JR-XS3's is going bad. So I have been thinking about the Spektrum Dx3. I don't really care about the servos that come with it. I just want a good radio & reciever. The JR-pro is the same price but I like the DMS tech. stuff. soooo. What to do huh what to do ?
Old 09-15-2005, 01:45 AM
chelopr

dx3 is the way!!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:32 AM
met001

will the Spectrum DX3 fit into the savage ss 4.6 well and will it run well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.