Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

The Spectrum

Old 09-10-2005, 01:58 PM
greasysnowball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Spectrum

ok i have enough money for one. The question is, are they worth it?
Old 09-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Zukre Iskotehx

Default RE: The Spectrum

I do not have one.. but like you before, im saving up for one.. from all the articles and reviews from websites and people alike, i think it would be a uber sweet thing to have.. definately worth it..

You might wanna search the forums to see real people comments about it not just relying on writen material on websites and stuff.. Mag reviews really help especially the one in XRC.. but i still prefer interacting with people who owns the product before deciding..

Hope this helps
Old 09-10-2005, 03:33 PM
kaneo

I have been very happy with the Spektrum system. It baffles me that more people don't run it yet when we already spend hundreds of dollars on other stuff we truly don't need for our cars. It is great to never have to worry about glitching and I have never had a problem in my 1/8 scale buggy. The other feature which is nice is the fact that you can go to the track and turn on your radio without worrying about frequencies. While everyone else is searching for their clothespin for their channel you can just hop on the track and go. The only thing I would recommend is to leave the receiver antenna at its stock length. I cut mine to 3.6 inches right out of the box (Not to smart before running it) and had serious glitching that prevented me from running my buggy. I figure it was the actual receiver that was defective but it isn't a big deal having a stubby antenna poking through the body. (An alternative may even be to coil up the receiver antenna in the body)
Old 09-10-2005, 05:04 PM
greasysnowball

well im honestly getting one. i have the money. i am planing on getting the DX3. i dont know if it is the only Spectrum radio but its the only one ive seen and im diggin it. it is so confortable.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:21 PM
greasysnowball

i have just purchased t now. installing it tonight. driving with it tomorrow
Old 09-11-2005, 07:12 PM
greasysnowball

there seems to be a problem with it. i cant find any servo horns to fit the servo's. ive Tried "J" and "H" for Team Associated. none of them fit! is there one that you could find that fit?
Old 09-11-2005, 09:48 PM
kaneo

I don't have the entire DX3 radio/servo package but just the Transmitter module and receiver for my Hitec radio. I run Hitec metal gears. As far as servo horns not fitting I don't know what to say since the Spektrum radio system is pretty new. Do you have anymore servo horns? I know the TC4 I am building right now has quite a few. If after trying them all and still no louck call Spektrum directly (their customer support line is toll free). I called once and got almost instant feedback as to my own problem. Good Luck.
-Kane
PS - Don't be discouraged you will be very happy with the system once you get the serrvo horn issue worked out.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Easy rider

I have the Spektrum in all of my cars now and I just LOVE it. I use the module in my Futaba 3PK transmitter and I bought 4 spektrum receivers seperately and everything is just falling together like a puzzle. No glitching , always a free frequency , short antennas , and the FAILSAFE REALLY WORKS FINE like it should be.

Never using another receiver again in my life.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:12 AM
RCNige

I bought a JR-R1 along with the Spektrum. Best money i spent. No more frequency clashes An no more glitching. I haven't even noticed an difference on the battery life on the car (Hyper 7 PBS Pro), i have just noticed better response to my inputs.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:55 AM
JRexA

I have the competitor, the [link=http://www.nomadio.net]Nomad Sensor[/link], and I totally agree. 2.4Ghz, and automatic channel selection is the way to go.

A friend is going to get the Spektrum DX3, as He doesn't want a US$ 500+ radio.