Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Futaba 3PK
55.91%
Airtronics M11
44.09%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

3PK or M11?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Spdsk8er
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3PK or M11?

What should i get? Futaba 3PK or the Aitronics M11?
Old 01-29-2006, 10:48 AM
The Stig

Default RE: 3PK or M11?

Oh boy. This is going to be like Ford vs Chevy. I love my M11, but I have a great friend who swears by the 3PK.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:27 PM
IRONHEAD RACING

Thats gonna be a very intersting vote....... I have the M-11 I love it, my buddy has the 3PK he likes it alot but after checking out my M-11 he says he would like to have one.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:43 PM
Spdsk8er

Everybody at the track has the 3pk and 1 person has the m11. i held both, and th em11 felt alittle better
Old 01-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Anomie

Both have plenty of features and are comfortable, but for me it is the display position on the 3PK that makes the difference.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:54 AM
ace007

I like the m-11 very much cause of all the features plus being able to have the spektrum dsm system in it.I think the m-11 has more fine tuning adjustments than the 3pk.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:01 PM
bentgear

Pick one up and hold it like you were using it for a couple of minutes. Do the same with the other one. Look at the manuals and see which one makes it easier to program for you. Make a choice.

All the features in the world are no good if you can't figure out how to use them. Not much fun holding something for minutes on end if its not comfortable.

Ed M.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Spdsk8er

yeah.. im not a sponserd racer or anything. i dont need alot of features. thast a good idea bentgear. Thanks.[sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 02-14-2006, 05:09 PM
TOMCAT01
My Feedback: (1)

yea go with the m11
Old 02-15-2006, 03:42 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Stig
Oh boy. This is going to be like Ford vs Chevy. I love my M11, but I have a great friend who swears by the 3PK.
I own both a Ford and a Chevy. And though I own a Futaba T3PK, I don't own an Airtronics M11. Personally, I just like the feel of the T3PK better. Of course, there is also an HRS Spektrum Module now for the T3PK to make it even faster.

Spektrum’s New Blazing Fast 2ms Futaba HRS Module System
Thursday, December 22, 2005

Futaba 3PK owners interested in the fastest possible processing speed are sure to be blown away by Spektrum’s latest engineering breakthrough, the Spektrum DSM System for Futaba HRS.

A new dedicated module and receiver have been developed specifically for use with the Futaba 3PK when HRS modulation is selected. The Spektrum latency has been reduced from 5.6ms to just 2ms!

This system is designed for use with digital servos only, and it’ll be available at your local hobby shop early in 2006. The module and receiver will be designated “Futaba HRS Version†and is for use with the HRS system only.
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/H...x#HobbyWire346
Old 02-15-2006, 04:28 AM
Crash_Dummy

All it comes down to in the end is user preference.
Which one feels better to you ? has the features you want and fits in the price range you want to pay ?

I was going to go the M11 but it wasn't avalible locally for me and i discovered it was going to cost at least $200 more then a 3PK for me to buy so you know what i ended up with.
I voted the M11 for the features it has and apparently feels really nice but i love my 3PK to death as well. There isn't anything I need it to do that it can't. It's comfortable and sits nicely in my hand.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Kanza

Both are good radios, but I went with the 3PK. It feels solidly built, which isn't a surprise, since Futaba's main business is industrial radio and remote control systems. It also has far better aftermarket support (like the Spektrum HRS system). The only adavntages of the M11 are it's fourth channel, a slightly larger display, and the cell phone style vibrator in it's grip.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

I don't know how to say this....

in 2003 i bought 3pk...and i got of hobby and soeld everything

Now i am back again..and i am waiting for my brand new 3pk to arrive

THERE IS ONLY ONE reason that i get 3PK....I hold it with my right hand and steer with left hand...

try to beat that...
Old 02-17-2006, 11:17 AM
livthemoment

ORIGINAL: Dr.ArmoMaxx

THERE IS ONLY ONE reason that i get 3PK....I hold it with my right hand and steer with left hand...

try to beat that...
What does that mean? you hold it in right and steer left. that is not amazing. You simply reverse the handle on the M11 and you can hold it right and steer with left hand, and all the buttons are in the same relative configuration as if you drove right handed. In other words the experience is the same with either a righty or lefty.

I think you need another reason
Old 02-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Here I thought it was for the HRS.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:14 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

ORIGINAL: livthemoment

try to beat that...
What does that mean? you hold it in right and steer left. that is not amazing. You simply reverse the handle on the M11 and you can hold it right and steer with left hand, and all the buttons are in the same relative configuration as if you drove right handed. In other words the experience is the same with either a righty or lefty.

I think you need another reason

So on M11 you switch the position of the wheel? just like on the 3pk?

Tigger...that too!!
Old 02-21-2006, 03:42 PM
livthemoment

So on M11 you switch the position of the wheel? just like on the 3pk?

Tigger...that too!!
Yep, the handle flips and they have duplicates of all the switches so that everything mirror images for left handed people the LCD, with the wheel the switches and trim settings. It probably takes 5 minutes to switch from right to left handed.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

But does it have HRS or HRS Spektrum?
Old 02-22-2006, 01:52 PM
livthemoment

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

But does it have HRS or HRS Spektrum?
yes the M11 does have the airtronics version of HRS, i think it is called extremely high response technology (it is along the bottom on the side), but the M11 spectrum does not seem to be HRS only.
Which I would not want, because I use my transmitter for both 1/10th buggy and 1/8th buggy. And I do not want my steering to HAVE to BE digital. I like a high torque analog with a heat sink for steering in 1/8th. With the HRS spectrum you can only use digital servos (at least from what I read).
Old 02-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

And I do not want my steering to HAVE to BE digital. I like a high torque analog with a heat sink for steering in 1/8th. With the HRS spectrum you can only use digital servos (at least from what I read).
For your information, the Futaba T3PK is not HRS only. HRS is a "mode" of modulation. Available modules include AM, PPM, PCM, HRS, Synthesized, Spektrum, and HRS Spektrum. I own the AM, PPM-PCM, and Spektrum.

I also own a Nomadio Sensor and it can run both digital and analog servos since the transmission speed can be adjusted by the transmitter for "each" servo. Consequently, I can run both a digital servo and an analog servo and program each specific to either digital or analog. In that regard, I like the Nomadio Sensor. Of course, I still like my Futaba T3PK since I can still use it to run AM RCs, such as my Kyosho Mini-Zs. In that regard, Ko Propo also designed the electronics for the Kyosho Mini-Zs and the Ko Propo Helios Ex10 also can send a faster signal to the Kyosho Mini-Zs--Super HSR mode to the MR02s (notice HSR, not HRS). Consequently, the Ko Propo may be a better transmitter for the Kyosho Mini-Zs. It also has its Advanced HSR setting. In addition, the Ko Propo Ex-10 Helios has an optional multi-angle wheel adjustable mount, which is slightly different from the stock "Advanced Positioning Adapter" adjustable wheel mount that ships with the Futaba T3PK that allows the transmitter wheel to be adjusted up and down. The Ko Propo adjusts out like the stock Nomadio Sensor.

Slightly off topic, but my point is that the transmitter chosen may very well depend on the specific application and the specific person--center of gravity.

http://www.kopropo.com/EX-10_helios.htm
http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futj2900.html
Old 02-24-2006, 02:05 PM
livthemoment

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

And I do not want my steering to HAVE to BE digital. I like a high torque analog with a heat sink for steering in 1/8th. With the HRS spectrum you can only use digital servos (at least from what I read).
For your information, the Futaba T3PK is not HRS only. HRS is a "mode" of modulation. Available modules include AM, PPM, PCM, HRS, Synthesized, Spektrum, and HRS Spektrum. I own the AM, PPM-PCM, and Spektrum.

I also own a Nomadio Sensor and it can run both digital and analog servos since the transmission speed can be adjusted by the transmitter for "each" servo. Consequently, I can run both a digital servo and an analog servo and program each specific to either digital or analog. In that regard, I like the Nomadio Sensor. Of course, I still like my Futaba T3PK since I can still use it to run AM RCs, such as my Kyosho Mini-Zs. In that regard, Ko Propo also designed the electronics for the Kyosho Mini-Zs and the Ko Propo Helios Ex10 also can send a faster signal to the Kyosho Mini-Zs--Super HSR mode to the MR02s (notice HSR, not HRS). Consequently, the Ko Propo may be a better transmitter for the Kyosho Mini-Zs. It also has its Advanced HSR setting. In addition, the Ko Propo Ex-10 Helios has an optional multi-angle wheel adjustable mount, which is slightly different from the stock "Advanced Positioning Adapter" adjustable wheel mount that ships with the Futaba T3PK that allows the transmitter wheel to be adjusted up and down. The Ko Propo adjusts out like the stock Nomadio Sensor.

Slightly off topic, but my point is that the transmitter chosen may very well depend on the specific application and the specific person--center of gravity.

http://www.kopropo.com/EX-10_helios.htm
http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futj2900.html
Sorry to disappoint, but the new spectrum module that is HRS specific is only for use with digital servos. That is what i wrote... I was specifically taliking about the HRS spectrum module.
IF you take away the HRS spectrum module for futaba, and use standard spectrum module and receiver, BOTH the M11 and 3PK have HIGH RESPONSE technology.
hope that clarifies.
Old 02-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

There is nothing to "disappoint" here since I chose a Futaba T3PK over an M8 and chose a Nomadio Sensor over an M11. I also realize that the new HRS Spektrum "module" is specific to the Futaba, is faster than the standard Spektrum module, and requires digital servos (or so claimed) when in the HRS mode.

As a note, the PCM module can be run in PPM as well and the AM module is run in the PPM mode. It also seems like the HRS module can be run in the PPM mode as well--I know one of the members can add some input to that whether it is correct or not. Dr. Armo Maxx? Consequently, can the HRS "Futaba specific" Spectrum module also be run in the PPM mode and NOT require digital servos??? In addition, is there an HRS "Airtronics specific" Spectrum module? If there is, what is the latency of the M11?

A new, dedicated module and receiver have been developed specifically for use with the Futaba 3PK when HRS modulation is selected. The Spektrum latency has been reduced from 5.6ms to just 2ms!
http://www.spektrumrc.com
http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM1015

To me, it doesn't matter since I own the Nomadio Sensor which is servo specific, not module specific. Again, the Futaba T3PK also has an "Advanced Positioning Adapter" and again, the transmitter chosen may very well depend on the specific application and the specific person's own preference.

Old 02-26-2006, 12:34 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

For all of you people that voted for the m11: What does the M11 do better than the 3pk other than offer a fourth channel(which slows the frame rate even further than it already is)
Old 02-26-2006, 12:59 PM
The Stig

I voted M11 because that's what I use (my good friend has a 3PK and I wanted to try the "other" one so we could compare them) and it has NEVER disappointed me. My friends 3PK has never disappointed him and he swears by that one. As you can see by the voting, it's almost split down the middle at this point. Neither one is a loser by any standard. IMO both will last a LONG time and can be the only radio you have to buy even with a fleet of models and do anything that you need to get done.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Doahh

M11 has a bigger screen and charts out servo stuff and a whole lotta other stuff...
As for the frame rate thing you can switch between 2 (Racing) and 4 (bashing) channel mode because as far as I know reverse isn't allowed in races so all you would need is 2 channels... Transponders are still powered because the reciever is still whatever number of channels it used to be

Now I'm going out to run my XXX-S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.