Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Who makes a Good radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who makes a Good radio

Hey I had said it on other forums when the Sensor first came out it looked like Stevie Wonder made the case. But that changed quickly and our support of the sport and our clients has proven we take this very seriously. We support RC PRO we sponsor a large racing team NO OTHER R/C company in the 2.4GHz market has won more national championships then Nomadio period.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Rob6

ORIGINAL: rcxboy

So you judge strength by looking at pictures on the internet? Where did you read that it wasn't strong?
"React is more of a high-tech traditional but doesn't"look" soiled"
is what he sais
Old 03-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Well get your hands on one and see for yourself. GET the radio that fits your hand, your driving style, your budget, and has the features to do what you want it to do.
Old 03-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Rob6

CRTracer we race toy cars for bowling trophies come on lighten up we are with friends here....
Very true... I guess i was being a little to "tight".. [:-] it never happened [8D]
Old 03-10-2007, 11:18 PM
French_Fry

thanks to everyone for the input it has been helpful and a good laugh
Old 03-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Sgt_BF_Gunner

Karlton,

Again, very impressive technology, I buy into it 100%. But the sturdiness and bling factor have to be bumped up a notch. Folks are paying $500 for a carpet car chassis (no wheels, no body, no anything; but nicely machined aluminum, carbon fiber, class act...).

As many have done, I have tossed around the debate between the React, the 3PKS and the M11. I love Nomadios tech, don't like the FASST and will probably go with the M11 some day when they come out with the 100mhz FHSS... But still that will probably be analog to digital.

So, the cheapest way out with the best FHSS tech is, in my opinion, the MX-3FHSS. After discounts of $45, I paid about $120 for TX/RX. Now the big question, when will they actually be released. So, for the money, I have the benefits I was looking for (maybe not all the bells and whistles) but I can sit back and wait why the radio tech war plays out.

Regards,
Gary

Old 03-11-2007, 12:14 PM
FalloutMan

ok, since everyone is saying that nomadio react=cheap feeling, has anyone actually seen these things break? if i want to buy one, i have to order it, and i dont wanna order something that ill end up returning. []
Old 03-12-2007, 05:03 AM
Nomadio_Sales

I really think people are "parroting" what was first said about the Nomadio Sensor when it first came out. The React "case" has been on the market for SEVEN years with great sales in Europe but not marketed in the USA. The fact of the matter is the "case" the React comes in has less then a 1% parts failure in that time so they can't be talking about the React.

How do I know? Well I was on the design team for Multiplex and I was the Multiplex importer before Hitec bought Multiplex. We never really marketed the Profi (same cases as the react) in the USA because of the really bad colors Multiplex chose to make the radio out of. When Nomadio bought the cases from Multiplex the only change in the case that was made was the color. Log on to Hobby Horse they sell the Multiplex Profi Car 75MHz radios or look on the Hitec forum and see if they have parts failure on the Profi car case, they do not.

Multiplex still sells the Profi Car radios in Europe. If there was a problem the case would not still be on the market period.

What is really funny the other brand of 2.4GHz radio gets a total pass on selling an old ANALOG radio in a discontinued case with a 2.4GHz RF section grafted in. When the React is ALL digital, all new electronics inside and is in a proven case that is ON the market with strong world wide sales.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Jeckler
My Feedback: (2)

I'll chime in, so as it doesn't look like Karlton's tooting his own horn for the sake of hearing it go "beep".

I've owned my React for a month or two now, and it's a very solid feeling radio. There are currently.... 6 radios out in my garage right now, and the React seems to be built better than any other wheel radio I have. Granted, there all basic AM rigs, 3 Traxxas TQ's, a Futaba, Airtronics and the POS that came with my Bonzer. I haven't dropped it or thrown it off a driver's stand yet, so who knows. It certainly doesn't feel any worse than the name brand TX's.
The *only* issue I see with it is that the battery pack is free to flop around in the bottom. A simple fix for that is some strategically placed foam so that it doesn't go "clunk" every time you move the radio. Other than that, I like it, lots.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Nomadio_Sales

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:43 AM
CrocEnd

I run JR gear now I need to buy a car radio.dose JR have trigger tension ajust ment like there multi channel stick sets do Or some other brands do OR stuff the warranty of a said radio and put heavier spring in......
Thanx
Old 03-28-2007, 09:40 AM
RCtruckRacer

ORIGINAL: FalloutMan

its not about feel, its about performance when comes to racing. You can get used to almost anything.
I disagree. If a radio is not comfortable in your hand, the feeling will only get worse the longer the main. Feel is the main property for a racer to look at when buying a top end radio. Personally I think all the top end radios are close enough in performance to remove that variable out of the equation.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Nomadio_Sales

I agree with you there RCtruckRacer having a radio that fits to your hand and the controls where YOU want them are key! One thing that gets me with computer radios is on most of them your stuck with trims / control and command functions are set at the factory.

On Nomadio for example you can assign "soft keys" that is every trim button, the handle wheel or rocker switch to any program command function example for the Reat...
Options you can set in under 2 seconds....

None
Ch3 Toggle/Hold
Ch4 Toggle/Hold
Ch3+Ch4 Toggle/Hold
TXBat Alert
TXBat TX Bat Level
CarBat Alert
CarBat Bat Level
CarBat Delay
RxBat Alert
RxBat RX Bat Level
Temp Alert
Temp 1 Min
Temp 1 Max
Temp 2 Min
Temp 2 Max
Temp 3 Min
Temp 3 Max
Temp 4 Min
Temp 4 Max
Speed Alert
Speed
Repeat Delay
Ack Alerts
TX Battery Menu Shortcut
Car Battery Menu Shortcut
Rx Battery Menu Shortcut
Temperature Menu Shortcut
Speed Menu Shortcut
Lap Timer
Pit Timer
Connection
Alert Over
Startup
Menu
Shift
Trim
IdleUp Active
IdleUpLevel
AutoStart Armed
AutoStart Level
AutoStart Trigger
ABS Active
ABS Brake Trigger
ABS Str Trigger
ABS Min Brake
ABS Delay
ABS Depth
ABS Brake Time
ABS Coast Time
Failsafe Steering Mode
Failsafe Throttle Mode
Failsafe Ch3 Mode
Failsafe Ch4 Mode
Failsafe Set Failsafes
Failsafe Delay
Motor Revs
Magnet Revs
Rollout (in/cm)
Rollout Revs
Brake Mix Active
Brake Mix Trigger Pt
Brake Mix Release Pt
Brake Mix Level
Brake Mix Rear Bias
StrSpd Input Speed
StrSpd Return Speed
StrSpd Trigger
ThrSpd Throttle Speed
ThrSpd Brake Speed
ThrSpd Throttle Trigger
ThrSpd Brake Trigger
Ch3Spd Input/Throttle Speed
Ch3Spd Return/Brake Speed
Ch3Spd Trigger
Ch3Spd Brake Trigger
Ch4Spd Input/Throttle Speed
Ch4Spd Return/Brake Speed
Ch4Spd Trigger
Ch4Spd Brake Trigger
Str Trim
Str Dual Rate
Str Expo
Str Sub Trim
Str Left End Point
Str Right End Point
Str Reverse
Str Type
Str Servo Speed Menu Shortcut
Thr Trim
Thr Dual Rate
Thr Throttle Expo
Thr Brake Expo
Thr Sub Trim
Thr Brake End Point
Thr Throttle End Point
Thr DR Mode
Thr Reverse
Thr Type
Thr Servo Speed Menu Shortcut
Ch3 Trim
Ch3 Dual Rate
Ch3 Low End Point
Ch3 High End Point
Ch3 DR Mode
Ch3 Reverse
Ch3 Type
Ch3 Mode
Ch3 Steps
Ch3 Servo Speed Menu Shortcut
Ch4 Trim
Ch4 Dual Rate
Ch4 Low End Point
Ch4 High End Point
Ch4 DR Mode
Ch4 Reverse
Ch4 Type
Ch4 Mode
Ch4 Steps
Ch4 Servo Speed Menu Shortcut
Timer Running
Timer Armed
Timer Put Interval (m)
Timer Lap Target (s)
Timer Lap Warn (s)
Timer Reset Timers
Timer New Lap
Timer Relead Put Timer
Events Menu Shortcut
Idle Up Menu Shortcut
AutoStart Menu Shortcut
Antilock Brakes Menu Shortcut
Brake Mix Menu Shortcut
Failsafes Menu Shortcut
Tach (RPM) Menu Shortcut
Stat Rotate
Tank Mode
Active
New Model
Delete Model
Copy Model
Rebind
Audio Volume
Vibrator
Backlight Level
Backlight Timeout
Contrast
Units
Calibrate
About
Steering (Ch1) Menu Shortcut
Throttle (Ch2) Menu Shortcut
Ch3 Menu Shortcut
Ch4 Menu Shortcut
Timers Menu Shortcut
Advanced Menu SHortcut
Manage Models Menu Shortcut
Controller Setup Menu Shortcut
Reset Statistics
Old 03-29-2007, 05:05 AM
CrocEnd

For Crying OUT loud I only want more Triger tension.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:08 PM
TKCastle

Nomadio. Man what a well thought out product. Your customer service is top notch. Havent been in RC for a long time but I would say your customer service is thee best in the industry but the products quality seriously needs to be considered. I speak from experience mybe you recognize my screen name maybe you dont. The feel of the radio definitely is in the lower side of the RC radio world and these guys are just speaking what they feel. Me, the features that the radio had to offer were worth looking past the quality but in my case the quality eventualy let me down. Bottom line French Fry get what your wallet can afford. If it doesnt work out send it back.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Nomadio_Sales

I took your issues to the owner of the company they really want to talk to you. I do not know who deleted your thread but I am all over it I wish there is more I can do for you.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:41 PM
TKCastle

Its cool brother I dont need to talk to anyone. Just the whole experience left me with a really bad taste in my mouth. Your all good guys over there and I wish you the best but I am moving on, hopefully to brighter skys. Just now noticed your in La canada. Do you mountain bike up in the angeles?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Used to I lived at the trail head up on Harter now I live on the flat by St. Beads
Old 04-12-2007, 01:09 PM
secretsg

Still the same issue with function vs form. Nomadio is the most advanced product for car radios. However since we are talking RC cars not defense technology a lot of the times form takes precedence over functions. On top of that Nomadio is going against established companies like Futaba who do over $850million of business a year.

I personally don't like the looks of the Nomadio cases so I went with FASST. Look at the Nokia n95 vs iPHONE for example. N95 is clearly the superior technological product. iPHONE will get all the buzz and most likely out sell it. All I can say is make a nice stylish/organic case for the Sensor and I and along with many others would buy it yesterday.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Sgt_BF_Gunner

secretsg,

I too was a non-believer. But, the technology speaks for itself... It is unavoidable. I was going to wait for the Airtronics version of the Nomadio tech but just could not wait any longer for an MX3 FHSS (which has higher tech specs then all the high end radios! 3PKS, M11, etc.).

I bought the React and haven't looked back since. I investigated the Futaba FASST system and the coming Airtronics modules, Spektrum modules, etc.

The Reacy isn't the heaviest duty rig and may not have that traditional "bling", but what it doesn't have in visual bling it makes up for it in spades in technical bling, usuability and comfort.

I et lots of questions about my React because folks have never seen or heard of Nomadio before. They can believe it when I tell them the features that this unit has.

I could not do the Sensor myself, it was just too out there for my tastes. The React was close enough, it really is great and honestly it grows on you. It's visual bling becomes high tech, no antennae, etc.

My 2 cents...

Gunner
Old 04-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Nomadio_Sales

Welcome back to Nomadio TKCastle!