Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

MX3 FHSS????

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:02 PM
almtx3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MX3 FHSS????

Its like a comedy show out there. Hey man you are quickly catching up to me in knowledge and not to mention driving skills! You were ripping off some nice laps last week at the track. Cant wait to see how this radio works once I get my car running. I know you will be messing with it more than me. Thanks for the kind words bro...
Old 10-24-2007, 12:28 PM
D-Fly
My Feedback: (9)

can you still email me the manuel please. [email protected] thanks
Old 10-24-2007, 12:43 PM
almtx3

Will do D-fly. Ill scan it this afternoon and email it tonight.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:07 PM
almtx3

D-fly,

Manual sent. Let me know if you got it.

-cheers
Old 10-24-2007, 10:12 PM
D-Fly

i never got the manuel it [email protected] what you email ill send you one and then you can send it back to me when i emial you so it will deffenlty be mine adress
Old 10-25-2007, 08:23 AM
almtx3

D-Fly - PM sent.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:23 AM
GYNAIKAS

ORIGINAL: Jatohulk

Al you hand look old how old are you..
And probably married... (the ring?)
Old 10-25-2007, 10:19 AM
almtx3

hahaha - very funny guys, I guess its crack on al week! You guys are too much!! I might be 30 but I still feel like Im 18![sm=confused_smile.gif]

Hey GYNAIKAS, whats up bud! Good eye, been married for 7 years, together for 12. The wifes great! Shes supported all my crazy hobbies throughout the years. OK maybe not all of them [:'(] but Ive since narrowed it down to 2. Obviously RC has always been in the forefront but my latest en devour is a 93' Ford mustang 5.0 that Im building and getting ready for some quarter mile action. Its time to move up to "full scale" racing! Ill always be into RC as long as the wife doesn't decide to blow any of my stuff up. J/K - Shes the best and I can never thank her enough for putting up with my crazy butt. We just recently had our first son and I couldn't have asked for a better partner in crime! This will be the perfect opportunity to get into some new trouble! "Sorry babe but you should have seen the way he was looking at that Savage X with the 4.1 Nitro engine, I just had to get it for him!"

Is that an R1 you're on in your profile pic? That was one of my hobbies for a while - needless to say that one didn't fly to well with the wife... Had to get rid of the gsxr after the wife claims to have had a near death experience on it. She was on the back when I decided to open the bike up a bit. [X(] Poor wife, she was terrified and never rode with me again. Got tired of riding solo so bye bye bike! Sure miss it!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:35 AM
kwanghong

Hi almtx3 (or any kind soul who has it), may I have a copy of the manual too?
[email protected]

Am contemplating whether to get a Airtronics' MX-3 FHSS or Futaba's 3PM FASST. By the way, where is the radio manufactured in? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:06 AM
almtx3

Hey kwanghong, don't have the scanned file with me here but as soon as I get home I will shoot it out to you. I haven't played much with the radio since I got it but the few times I have used it have been awesome. The radio has a great range and no problems what so ever.

As far as the Futaba 3PM, I cant comment much on it because Ive never owned one. Looks good and its definitely the MX3's best competition. I guess it would all boil down to which one you prefer. They are both good entry level crystal free radios.

I can say that the MX3 is very easy to use and the screen is great. All the settings are easy to get to and the screen is super clear and easy to read. The radio feels great in your hand ais its fairly light and well balanced. The receiver is TINY! This thing is small. As you can see by the pics it can pretty much fit anywhere.

Ill get that manual out to you ASAP.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:52 PM
D-Fly

In the end i got the 3pm best decision i had. the radio is great. I have all and more setting the the mx3 fhss and it has a short antenna on the receiver which prevent me from ripping of the antenna while driving.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Elvisguy
Banned

I have the fatuba fasst...its a great radio but has no fail safe like the mx-3 does! I jsut bought the Airtronics' MX-3 FHSS for my st-1 , so i cant wait!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:29 PM
D-Fly

wow what a waist why would you get two radios you have over ten models? and with the mx3 you have more then 18 what ever anyways ya but it dose has a fail safe you just have to hold the brake nad hit the fail safe buttom on the back of the controller everytime but i dont realy like the fail safes in the reciver becuase the only stop for lost of single and you never lose single with a 2.2 get a fail safe for losing battery power.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Elvisguy
Banned

no the fasst radio is for my savage x.....I needed another radio for my st-1. My friend has the airtronic one and i think its pretty good
Old 12-13-2007, 07:32 AM
kwanghong

Hi almtx3, thanks for the reply. Actually, I'm new to the RC scene and as far as radios are concern I'm looking for one that has everything. Correct me if I'm wrong, Airtronics' MX-3 FHSS includes 2 servos and is cheaper than Futaba's 3PM FASST which does not include servos. Therefore, even though the included servos are entry level, it's good enough for me to learn about the mechanics rather than splurging on high-end servos. By the way, I'm getting a radio for RC car drifting.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:13 AM
almtx3

ORIGINAL: kwanghong

Hi almtx3, thanks for the reply. Actually, I'm new to the RC scene and as far as radios are concern I'm looking for one that has everything. Correct me if I'm wrong, Airtronics' MX-3 FHSS includes 2 servos and is cheaper than Futaba's 3PM FASST which does not include servos. Therefore, even though the included servos are entry level, it's good enough for me to learn about the mechanics rather than splurging on high-end servos. By the way, I'm getting a radio for RC car drifting.
Hey kwanghong - sorry I didnt get that manual out to you. I seem to have misplaced the file and Im gonna have to re-scan it for you. No problem Ill have it out to you soon.

Regarding the radio, no, it does not bring servos. Actually neigther brand brings servos. Heres the price brakedown and what's included.

Airtronics MX3 FHSS Radio + Receiver. "No Servos" price = $179.99
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXSGB0

Futaba 3PM + Receiver. "No Servos" price = $179.97
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPZT7&P=ML

Unless you know of another place that sells the radios with servos I haven't seen anyone offering the radios with servos at those prices.

What car do you have?

If you are just starting off I can recommend a few basic standard servos that are quite inexpensive and will get you going. Its actually better when radios dont come with servos because that way you can choose your own based on your application (in your case drifting). Besides, the servos that come with most radios are usually slow and dont have alot of torque. There are alot of inexpensive options out there and I will be more than happy to help you out.

If you are into drifting I think you might enjoy this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J03GmPRH2O8

We will be in touch.

Al
Old 12-13-2007, 09:31 AM
kwanghong

Hmmm, that's funny because most of the online shops I visited price the Futaba's at slightly higher than the Airtronics'. And if take a look at this link, the standard package includes 2 servo
[link=http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_info.php?cPath=5_24&products_id=11496]http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_info.php?cPath=5_24&products_id=11496[/link]

While the Futaba cost more
[link=http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_info.php?cPath=5_24&products_id=10860]http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_info.php?cPath=5_24&products_id=10860[/link]

I'm getting a Yokomo drift kit which means I'm also looking for motor, esc, battery and charger but I'll be looking at radio first. It seems good servos cost a lot! I'm also not sure what kind of servo I should go for when it comes to drifting; high torque or high speed; digital or analogue.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:51 AM
almtx3

Sweet deal on the airtronics radio! Great site too. Yeah it seems like here in the states the prices are a bit higher and most shops don't offer servos. My personal opinion is to go with the airtronics if you can get it for that price. Thats a great deal!

If you are just starting out then dont worry too much about the servos. I cant find any info on the ones the radio you are looking at comes with, but they seem to be standard models. Like I said dont worry too much about that now. They will do the job for now. Get familiarized with the car first and have fun driving, you can always upgrade later on.

As far as all the other stuff you need, swing by the drifting section in the forums. Im sure those guys can offer more help towards what you need. I am more into nitro on-road racing. I like drifting but I just dont have time to get into it right now.

good luck!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:00 AM
almtx3

Yeah servos can get expensive especially when you start getting into High speed Hi torque applications.

Here are a few servo options for you to consider when you decide to upgrade later on. The prices are not too bad. These are entry level servos as well but just maybe one or two steps above standard servos. You can always get something better but I find that this combination works fine for an intermediate car. The HS-325HB for the throttle and the HS-625MG for steering. Since you will be running electric you would obviously only need the steering servo. Check with the drifting crowd because I am sure those guys can give you some better advice.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...8&I=LXUZ87&P=K

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...8&I=LXDEL9&P=K

Old 12-13-2007, 10:00 AM
kwanghong

Thanks for the help so far. I'll get to nitro someday too and maybe planes too. As you said, I'll just familiarise myself with all the hardware and techniques for now.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Elvisguy
Banned

i got MX-3FHSS 3-Channel for 170.....my fasst was like 179
Old 12-20-2007, 10:26 PM
dragster5151

Hi all..,

I have some doubts here, really need some experts advice, thanks.

Just bought my MX3-FHSS today, i'm using currently for tt-01 and db-01 durga cars, stock motors and batts, both cars are equipped with tamiya's teu-101 esc,The output voltage stated on esc is it at 7.2v? ....to the mx3-fhss RX351FSreceiver.

....But i'm confused now... correct me if i'm wrong, According to the mx3-fhss user manual it stated that the input voltage of the RX351FS receiver is only 4.8-6.0v !! any higher voltage to the receiver will cause malfuntion to it. How should i go about it? ..what can be done? ... or is it safe to go ahead to hook it up and proceed...? thanks in advance.

Cheers

Need your advice please...
Old 12-23-2007, 04:18 PM
bigairlife

I just got mine and i love it
Old 12-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Jatohulk

I just got a chance to use it this Sat. on the track with almtx3 and I love the feel of it. I have the Nomadio React and it is so light but I am starting to think thats not a good thing. I have use the 3pk and I had a chance to use the M11 I kinda of like the feel of it.. I thinking of getting the Futaba 4pk when it comes out in Late Feb.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:11 PM
chrobar

I got the Futaba 3PM FASST for only $168 shipped from b main hobbies. It also has a failsafe, and it is easy to program..you just set the servo position and press the button in the back. In a few seconds, the failsafe is active and you are ready to drive. The only downside though is that you have to set the failsafe each time you turn on the radio unless you are in HRS mode. In HRS, you can program the servo and the radio with remember the failsafe. HRS is also faster response speed than the regular mode.
Tom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.